Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Leave it as is.. ITS FINE!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Both REO and Tom Brady suggested to me that there shouldnt be any rules made for MKD and MKA.

Here are the rules i made

** FINAL MKA RULES LIST**
MKA Rules are as followed ~

1 ~ M.O.B., Goro, Kintaro and KAK are banned (Moloch, Onaga, Blaze)
2 ~ no Death traps (i will turn these off)
3 ~ 1 free throw per combo
4 ~ 1 otg per combo
5 ~ 1 free throw and one OTG can be used in the same combo
6 ~ air combos are limited to this --> popup, ac, popup, ac, combo.
7 ~ **all infinities are banned **

Lists of Infinities
Kenshi ~ 33 (33,33,33,) - you are only allowed one free combo after 33. or 33,3 ~ free throw is allowed.

Ermac – choy (111111) only one 1 allowed per combo. after 1 hits your allowed one free combo after. you can not repeat 1 after 1.

Bo – 24 (24,24,24,24) you are only allowed one free combo after 24. 24 cs 22111 free throw is allowed..

Noob – black hole inf (one OTG per combo)
Sindel - zha chaun pc inf

Wall Infinities
Shinnok – throw db1 (projectile)
Chameleon - elbow dash, elbow dash....
Meat - Meat Slide, meat slide...

so should we

1 ~ remove all the rules and have a throw, infinite fest?
2 ~ tweak some of the rules. remove some here and there
3 ~ leave as is..

lets discuss if we just tweak some rules..

RoGE

Noob
The game would just be way too easy without the rules, you'd have to pick bosses to counter most of the infinites

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Here's a rule, "Don't be an asshole."

lmao... nah, but seriously, we should do these games the same as MKDC. We should use Tom's tournament rules for MKDC as well.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Actually, I'll play however you guys want me to play... lol

I don't even believe this game is playable in a serious manner. The old standard rules are fine, I don't want to read 100 new rules for this game please.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
we should only be talking about Death traps or no Death traps the other rules are a most.
Which that makes me think of something... are Death Traps considered a "high level" tool or should they be turned off? Does SC players use them in tournaments? I know they have ring-outs.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Actually, I'll play however you guys want me to play... lol

I don't even believe this game is playable in a serious manner. The old standard rules are fine, I don't want to read 100 new rules for this game please.
when you play this game competitively its way better then MK vs DC.

6 rules not 100.

2 ~ 1 free throw per combo
3 ~ 1 otg per combo
4 ~ air combos are limited to this --> popup, ac, popup, ac, combo.
5 ~ 1 free throw and one OTG can be used in the same combo
6 ~ **all infinities are banned **

probably will be removed..
-
7 ~ no Death traps (i will turn these off)

REO

Undead
KAK should be banned because they're too unpredictable and fall into the "exclusive system character ban" since most won't have any experience against them. MOB (Blaze, Moloch, Onaga) should be banned because they're immune to most launchers, grabs, specials, and projectiles which are all too much of an advantage.

Now for all the other characters, everything should go. Here's my reasoning:

- Most of the launchers that lead into infinites aren't safe like they were online, so there's ways around them and they can be punished and countered correctly. (Example Kenshi 33 is slow and very punishable on block, same with Noob 2,4, Hotaru B1, grabs can be actually punished on whiff, etc.)
- Tons of characters have infinites so it balances out, it's not just one or two characters, it's actually the flip side.
- Characters that are already really good like Drahmin get more balanced by getting rid of rules because they already have safe launchers, but no infinites, so it's more reasonable.
- Deathtraps should be left on because it adds another element to the game along with more spacing and awareness. Characters with long juggles will also benefit from this like Noob, Chameleon, Sektor, etc.

And what I want to say last, is that there's three breakers everyone starts with. In other games if you get caught in an infinite there is no free jail out cards like you get in this game.

RoGE

Noob
What about free throw infinites? It doesn't matter if they are unsafe or not it just takes one good guess plus its unblockable.

imo you should test these rules out

1)Throw infinite banned
2)MOB banned (Kintaro and Goro should NOT be banned, they are very unsafe)

Since were going by the 1-2 mistakes = death rule you could probably just leave death traps on.

Edit: Just start experimenting with different rules and see what you should do.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
ok reo has convinced me to removes all rules but MOB...

we will all test this out on friday night. then we'll decide which rules if any to put in..

everyone practice your Infinities and all air cancels..

all inf should be banned we do not want to have a inf party

yes many of the launchers that lead into infinites aren't safe but some charaters can start a inf with their mid launcher or with their grab in other words we will be playing a 50/50 game in which who guess wrong 5 time first losses the whole fight yes no just a round but the fight beacuse there is only 3 breaker and by the time that you guess wrong the 4th time that is one round lost by the time you guess wrong the 5th time that is 2 rounds lost and the fight is over.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Which that makes me think of something... are Death Traps considered a "high level" tool or should they be turned off? Does SC players use them in tournaments? I know they have ring-outs.
SCIV had ring outs, not to be confused with death traps. And the game also implements the 8wayrun feature, which MK doesn't have.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Infinites definitely shouldn't be allowed. A lot of stuff in MKA is too unsafe to allow infinites...not just the starters. In fact, nearly everything is unsafe on block because there's no blockstun. The 50/50 situation isn't a huge problem on its own, but when you look at it combined with the block issues, it makes the game play even worse when you allow them.

ACs I'm still sketchy on, but 1 per combo like everything else I feel is the fairest way to do it. I'd honestly rather see no ACs, but it's not about personal preference, it's about what works.

MOB/KAK ban is a given.

Death traps activate at random points oftentimes. The detection is horrid. It's not like SC where if you get hit a certain way, you're guaranteed to eat shit...it randomly activates sometimes when you're not even close, and is instant death unlike MKDC's FFK. Should be disabled.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd definitely be fore DT's & FT's but not infinites, AC IMO are weak...

DT's could go either way honestly, kind of a double edged sword.

Cool thread, what rules did you guys have during NEC?

REO

Undead
Infinites definitely shouldn't be allowed. A lot of stuff in MKA is too unsafe to allow infinites...not just the starters. In fact, nearly everything is unsafe on block because there's no blockstun. The 50/50 situation isn't a huge problem on its own, but when you look at it combined with the block issues, it makes the game play even worse when you allow them.

ACs I'm still sketchy on, but 1 per combo like everything else I feel is the fairest way to do it. I'd honestly rather see no ACs, but it's not about personal preference, it's about what works.

MOB/KAK ban is a given.

Death traps activate at random points oftentimes. The detection is horrid. It's not like SC where if you get hit a certain way, you're guaranteed to eat shit...it randomly activates sometimes when you're not even close, and is instant death unlike MKDC's FFK. Should be disabled.
But when you look at it, a majority of characters can compete with landing one hit or punishing into infinites.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i made some tweaks.

right now we'll go with the original rules for the saturday tournament, However friday night we'll try these 4 simple rules and allow everything else including All A/C's and wall infinities.. lets see how we feel about this on friday night.

personally i like the original rules, but lets just try for Reo and Tom..

2 ~ 1 free throw per combo
3 ~ 1 otg per combo
4 ~ These ground infinities are banned Kenshi 33, ermac 1111, bo 2424, jade throw..

THTB

So, rules so far for floor tourney are as follows:

-2/3 Rounds, matches are best 2/3, 3/5 in winners/losers finals, 4/7 in grand finals (Subject to change)
-MOB/KAK banned (Subject to change)
-All infinites excluding wall infinites and Weapon Steal-only infinites are banned
--1 Free Throw per combo
--1 OTG per combo
--No ACs/33s
-Winner keeps character, loser is free to change
-Stage is random select

Based on what we've come up with in the SB...the only thing that needs testing is MOB, correct?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm going to play this game how I remember playing it. If I get DQ'd, so be it... but I'm not trying to remember all that shit... lol

REO

Undead
So, rules so far for floor tourney are as follows:

-2/3 Rounds, matches are best 2/3, 3/5 in winners/losers finals, 4/7 in grand finals (Subject to change)
-MOB/KAK banned (Subject to change)
-All infinites excluding wall infinites and Weapon Steal-only infinites are banned
--1 Free Throw per combo
--1 OTG per combo
--No ACs/33s
-Winner keeps character, loser is free to change
-Stage is random select

Based on what we've come up with in the SB...the only thing that needs testing is MOB, correct?
I'll agree with this.

THTB

I'm going to play this game how I remember playing it. If I get DQ'd, so be it... but I'm not trying to remember all that shit... lol
Aside from ACs/33s now illegal and wall infs/weapon steal infs being legal, it is the exact same...unless MOB are allowed lol.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Aside from ACs/33s now illegal and wall infs/weapon steal infs being legal, it is the exact same...unless MOB are allowed lol.
bone is just trying his best to be difficult.. in 12 days we'll set him straight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.