What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin block infinite "analysis"

hayatei

Noob
what this patch means for ronin:

his pressure is almost the exact same thing except against characters with 6 frames pokes (which is like 7 characters)

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
It still sucks. If you do blade call and they didn't press a button you will get punished. If we could get a d1 we would be safe if it was blocked. I guess I am too greedy but I still want a 7 frame d1 and Ronin will be legit against the whole cast. Can't always get what you want.

hayatei

Noob
It still sucks. If you do blade call and they didn't press a button you will get punished. If we could get a d1 we would be safe if it was blocked. I guess I am too greedy but I still want a 7 frame d1 and Ronin will be legit against the whole cast. Can't always get what you want.
you can still safely d1 against 21 characters

for 6 frame pokes post-patch I will be going for whiff punishes a lot (walk back slightly, then f1 or blade call)

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
this would be a part of playing footsies and that is not allowed in MKX ..lol..
It is not about playing footsies. For example Quan Chi has a 6 frame D1. You have to respect his D1 now. The thing is he doesn't have to D1 you. He can just go for his 50/50 and walking back wont do anything for you in that situation. But anyways... I know I complain way too much. Ronin is still fun to play.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
It is not about playing footsies. For example Quan Chi has a 6 frame D1. You have to respect his D1 now. The thing is he doesn't have to D1 you. He can just go for his 50/50 and walking back wont do anything for you in that situation. But anyways... I know I complain way too much. Ronin is still fun to play.

oh this wasnt in comment/dig towards you or your comment, lol my bad. your info is solid. . .. this was more of a dig at MKX as a whole itself. Since day one ( to me at least ) , takeda has always seems like a character that would rely heavy on his footsie game but he just doesnt seem to get to play it as much in MKX. ESP vs characters with multiple 50/50 set ups.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I mean, isn't that how the game should be played? lol.

Sure, you have to respect his D1, and you also have to respect his yolo B2 and B3, but at the same time, you're still at the frame advantage here. He has to respect your F1, which will beat his B2 and B3 out here. He has to respect blade kall/ex blade kall, which will blow up even Warlock's armor. He has to be frame perfect with the D1 to beat you out, and Quan Chi's lil chop is still -9 on block! Its unsafe on block. If he's going to poke, just block it and 112xxBlade Drop his ass. Or just walk back slightly and punish his lil T-rex arms. This is how the game should be played. Reads, mind games, footsies, playing to your strengths. Not going to lie, Takeda can still be played 90% braindead positive pressure, but there is, and can be, a lot more to him.

I mean this character is plus after a decently fast Overhead, Low, Mid mixup that leads into another armor breaking low, and all combos lead into the same plus frame restand. This same overhead, low, mid string also uses his blades, which don't have a hitbox, so they go through clones, beat out physical attacks from characters and more. Oh... and the move anti-airs, almost forgot about that.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I mean, isn't that how the game should be played? lol.

Sure, you have to respect his D1, and you also have to respect his yolo B2 and B3, but at the same time, you're still at the frame advantage here. He has to respect your F1, which will beat his B2 and B3 out here. He has to respect blade kall/ex blade kall, which will blow up even Warlock's armor. He has to be frame perfect with the D1 to beat you out, and Quan Chi's lil chop is still -9 on block! Its unsafe on block. If he's going to poke, just block it and 112xxBlade Drop his ass. Or just walk black slightly and punish his lil T-rex arms. This is how the game should be played. Reads, mind games, playing to your strengths. Not going to lie, Takeda can still be played 90% braindead positive pressure, but there is a lot more to him.

I mean this character is plus after a fast Overhead, Low, Mid mixup that leads into another armor breaking low, and all combos lead into the same plus frame restand. This same overhead, low, mid string also uses his blades, which don't have a hitbox, so they go through clones, beat out physical attacks from characters and more. Oh... and the move anti-airs, almost forgot about that.
but, but fuhtzees are hard n stuff