F21B2: -11
F2D3: -6
F2D3U2: -7
Startup | Block Advantage | Hit Advantage when relevant:
Birdarang: 50 | +26 (lmfao) | +58
MB Birdarang: 14 | +40 (LMFAO)
Sword Spin: 9 | -30
MB Sword Spin: 11 | - 3
Air Blade Spin: 38 (height dependent) | -7 (likely also height dependent)
MB Air Blade Spin: 2 | 0
Assassin Strike: 8 (When close, increases w/ distance) | -12 | +2 (cancel has 11f startup)
Swoop: 30 | -30 | +15
MB Swoop: -6 on block
Super Move: 13 | -15
- Strings are mostly negative which makes sense since they're seemingly supposed to be used as staggers
- Birdarang is +26, MB is +40
- Swoop is +15 on hit
- Assassin Strike is +2 on hit
- 212 is a cancellable hard-knockdown
- Very good damage - Low 20s to mid 30s meterless, high 30s to low 40s 1 bar, mid 40s 2 bars with a possibility of 50+ with lab time/interactables, Super does nearly 60% off a basic combo, will probably be nerfed.
Source: Maximillian's Robin Gameplay. Starts around 28:00.

Note - Everything is subject to change.

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Where did you get this information, just out of curiosity?

Edit: apparently I can't read today but I see the source now.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Swoop is fairly safe (-6) on block and is +15 on hit. That is a nice way to fish for mixups esspecially if you have trait out

Also 212 into trait!!! OMG this character is gonna be great
His trait reminds me on a weird version of Ronin's Quick Kall move but instead of placing the Light Blades on the ground, Robin uses his Birdarang (which has me wondering if he will still be able to use his projectile while trait is active).

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Safe meterless 50/50s in the corner boys. Low trait and F21 which is only -4. Hopefully it's slow enough to be hit-confirmed into F21B2.

Heroes you are an absolute treasure, you know that?

A lot of this stuff is subject to change (and I'm certain some of it will) but it's nice to get an idea of where he's at right now and what the developers have in mind for him. Also, please theorycraft away. Not many character communities have this much information right now so by all means, go crazy. :p

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Heroes you are an absolute treasure, you know that?

A lot of this stuff is subject to change (and I'm certain some of it will) but it's nice to get an idea of where he's at right now and what the developers have in mind for him. Also, please theorycraft away. Not many character communities have this much information right now so by all means, go crazy. :p
Well, I mean we really only have the frame data for block-strings. It would be nice to see the hit-advantage as well so we can see which moves can set up the birdarang trait for resets/mixups etc. The blockstrings are nice though, because we can see his safest strings.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This makes me pretty happy.

I don't like all the 50/50s and ridiculous pressure I've seen in the beta, but the neutral game is solid and I think Robin will truly shine in the neutral.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Sadly this might not even be the same on day 1. But other than that Robin is a lit ass character you guys have fun for me.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Looking at the frame-data from the stream again, Robin has a shit ton of cancel advantage. B12 is +14 on hit with +40 cancel advantage, Even D1D2 is +27 on hit with +23 cancel advantage. We might actually be able to combo into his mid trait ronin style.

They tried to do it in his trailer too, maybe that's what they're going for.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Hmm ending in 212 mb birdarang could be pretty dank, or regular birdarang if 212 has good enough advantage. Hopefully they stay plus as fuck when the game comes out.

If birdarang stays like that Robin will be able to totally control the pace, if a zoner blocks one you'll get to advance a bit, not to mention the tracking properties.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I noticed if he gets hit at all during the startup of birdarang, it disappears. The startup is 50f, basically until it loops around.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Keep in mind that the "block advantage" of projectiles where you can move before they hit the opponent are irrelevant, so since you can probably move before birdarang actually connects +26/+40 doesn't really mean much. Same way Cyrax's bomb being -8 on block isn't really relevant.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Keep in mind that the "block advantage" of projectiles where you can move before they hit the opponent are irrelevant, so since you can probably move before birdarang actually connects +26/+40 doesn't really mean much. Same way Cyrax's bomb being -8 on block isn't really relevant.
True that's a good point