What's new

Robin Full Strings and Specials Frame-Data Breakdown *Updated w/Normals

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I have the game trying to learn it and get good fast does anyone here want me to test anything frame data etc

Does anyone have a link on how frame data works in NRS games as to what is considered a fast normal my guess the fastest normal would be 7 in NRS games this should be the equivalent of a 3 frame normal in Street fighter. correct me if am wrong please
I don't have a link but it works very similarly. Fastest normal in NRS games is usually around 6f, though there were a few characters with 5f normals in Injustice 1. I heard Firestorm's EX Fireball was 3f too but idk

I don't have a link but it works very similarly. Fastest normal in NRS games is usually around 6f, though there were a few characters with 5f normals in Injustice 1. I heard Firestorm's EX Fireball was 3f too but idk
ok cool nice guys add me some can play when you do get the game am trying to learn asap playing robin right now this game is so damn good

Went to the lab a little this morning, so far he seems good, but doesn't have much of a mix up game out side of sweep them till they duck.

Meterless I have gotten f21b2,21fb3 for a meterless 300 . Most dmg I have landed outside of super is f2d3xbbMB, jump3, db2mb,f21xfb3 for about 450ish.

Have not gotten to practice trait much yet, but the low trait should help our mix up game. Getting things like j2db2b(air) for double overheads seems nice too.

Also have dabbled with ending combos slightly early for splat landing. After a b3 jump 3 into db2b(air) forces them to land face first so we probably have frame advantage from there.

babalook

Noob
Can you combo off the low trait batarang midscreen, are any strings plus/safe after canceling into trait, does canceling into trait then activating trait combo (like takeda's laser sword shit) or create a gapless blockstring, do you get a safe jump off a blocked batarang, when ending a combo with 212 batarang, can the batarang be backdashed/jumped?

Last edited:
Can you combo off the low trait batarang midscreen, are any strings plus/safe after canceling into trait, does canceling into trait then activating trait combo (like takeda's laser sword shit) or create a gapless blockstring, do you get a safe jump off a blocked batarang, when ending a combo with 212 batarang, can the batarang be backdashed/jumped?
Low boomerang is hard to combo off of midscreen, super situational.

Don't think his trait is super safe of of a string, but will know more when I can have a friend reaction d1 through strings tomorrow.

You can go db4 ,4 and have it immediately explode,but haven't found true combos into it yet but if you get someone scared you can bully them with f21,db4,f2x4 stuff like that.

With the cpu set to backlash on wake up they get hit by the 212xdb1 every time and you can see it connect and land b21xdb2mb,212xdb1 again and just keep punishing people for pushing buttons.

Batarang is +20 on block so I wouldn't be surprised if you could always jump in safely after it's blocked out side of certain chars/situations

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Don't think his trait is super safe of of a string, but will know more when I can have a friend reaction d1 through strings tomorrow.
If you set say Firestorm to reversal Charge (8f is the fastest reversal I've seen iirc), does he punish?

babalook

Noob

so at 3:06 we can see that explosive trait combos into b2 midscreen, but it looks like you have to be right next to the opponent when the trait is activated which i don't think you are after the 212 ender. The remote recall trait says it's 0 on block, however i think the further behind the opponent it is the more advantageous it will be on block when activated.
P.S. not my video

babalook

Noob
I wonder if activating the teleport trait right after throwing a birdrang will be a crossup. If it does it could potentially be our "low" combo starter considering how blocking non-overhead-crossups work in this game.

Got in some real life matches with a friend last night and with some good conditioning with things like d3 its very easy to land f2d3 or f21b2 . considering it is 15 frames, has good range and is fairly safe if you can get the opponent to start ducking its combo city. Currently trying to adapt to ending most combos in 212xdb1 as we can get some decent pressure afterwards without sacrificing much dmg. most wake up attacks are not even that great against things like 212xdb1 j2 which means people gonna have to start learning how to block , and then you can do things like MB the db1 and then hit f21b2 and if they can't go from blocking low to high quickly they are gonna be put back in the same scenario.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Got in some real life matches with a friend last night and with some good conditioning with things like d3 its very easy to land f2d3 or f21b2 . considering it is 15 frames, has good range and is fairly safe if you can get the opponent to start ducking its combo city. Currently trying to adapt to ending most combos in 212xdb1 as we can get some decent pressure afterwards without sacrificing much dmg. most wake up attacks are not even that great against things like 212xdb1 j2 which means people gonna have to start learning how to block , and then you can do things like MB the db1 and then hit f21b2 and if they can't go from blocking low to high quickly they are gonna be put back in the same scenario.
Are there any good stagger strings that can lead to the d3 conditioning? I always thought Robin's d3 would be essential to his gameplan from the moment I saw his strings and normals.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Robin looks like so much fun. So sad I hate the character so much...

AeWhole

Noob
F2D3U2 says it has cancelable frames. I cannot. Am I bad?

Also I think D1D2 into bomb trait I am almost positive is plus. You might be able to poke out of it with some characters not sure yet. Just messing around with D1D2 birdarang and bomb trait. I think there's a frame trap somewhere in Robin. I can just feel it.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin

Also I think D1D2 into bomb trait I am almost positive is plus. You might be able to poke out of it with some characters not sure yet. Just messing around with D1D2 birdarang and bomb trait. I think there's a frame trap somewhere in Robin. I can just feel it.
Perhaps it is the first hit of the U2, as it is a double hitting move. I shall test this when I get home from work.

it might be a mistake i can't cancel it either

Sonic Lionheart

Starfire - Canary - Supergirl

You cancel it after the D3. Once you hit U2 it seems to be no longer cancelable. Hope this helps.