What's new

Robin and Dr. Fate WatchTower Breakdowns

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
It's NRS, they always keep it close to the vest. I'm just assuming this Supergirl trailer is finally going to bring in the whole Braniac angle, cause right now it looks like the primary bad guy is either Grodd or Wonder Woman if you go by trailers alone.

I think Darkseid's gonna be on Goro (non-canon) duty this time around. Either that or Cyborg would have a bigger part since he's the one with an Apokalyps cameo in his super.
Going by the second story reveal trailer you can somewhat assume that Brainiac is the big bad when Batman is talking to the still caged superman. And Supes says something like "This is MY fight Bruce ". Cause the Brainiac destroying krypton yada yada backstory Brainiac comes to earth. Supes claiming it as HIS fight like he has more stake in it makes sense more when it's about Brainiac than the Society.

I'd bet the society's part in the game is more like the Mileena/Kotal conflict in mkx where it's something to bring the forces of justice together and then something bigger/scary comes along (Brainiac).

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I get it bro, but you're the only person on earth who made that connection. That's why they went the other way. Sometimes you're wrong, its okay.
How am I wrong?? I just told you they revealed the story BEFORE the demo. Lol I was the only person who made the connection? Why don't you watch it lmao wtf

It's NRS, they always keep it close to the vest. I'm just assuming this Supergirl trailer is finally going to bring in the whole Braniac angle, cause right now it looks like the primary bad guy is either Grodd or Wonder Woman if you go by trailers alone.

I think Darkseid's gonna be on Goro (non-canon) duty this time around. Either that or Cyborg would have a bigger part since he's the one with an Apokalyps cameo in his super.
ya but brainiac and darkseid are huge huge villains. like lex luthor status.... not sure how it will all play in

trufenix

bye felicia
ya but brainiac and darkseid are huge huge villains. like lex luthor status.... not sure how it will all play in
Darkseid's not in the plot, I'd bet money on it. People read the comic, got hype for no arms/blood god Goro and NRS just completely blue balled us. Didn't even mention it in the dialogue. I expect Darkseid (and all future on disc DLC) to get the same treatment.

The Lines are Redrawn trailer pretty well spells out Braniac's role. Superman's in chains, Batman can't do it alone, time to invade. Why though? Who knows.

I'm pretty sure Supergirl is working with him. I think that'd be a fun twist.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@PLAYING TO WIN Considering Darkseid is DLC. He probably won't be int he story at all. Just like Goro. Kinda sad but its whatever. Just happy he is in the game TBH.

@CoRzus They probably don't show anything from brainiac cause he may not be finished yet. Animations may look like shit, Gear not complete. That and editing out story spoilers from dialogue might be difficult. They even showed that they are trying to avoid spoilers by skipping any an all opening scenes that show it in the Watch tower streams. it was also obvious quotes and stuff where cut in the beta.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I can see myself canceling 113 as an ender into orb setups in the corner. Loving the stream so far

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Came here to read stuff breaking down fate and more importantly for me anyways, ROBIN. as usual the comment section has turned to poo and I'm stuck here at work reading comments about why X character should have more time shown than Y character when all I want to do is read about the two characters that are in the title of the thread.

I missed one thing, can someone's answer real quick : the move where Fate blocks all interactables, what changes about it when the trait is active?!?

Also: is the pillar that launches the opponent when they have 3 ankhs attached to them unblockable like the individual ankhs damage?!

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Dr. Fate is sick man. You zoners are creaming your pants right now.

Robin is super cool and good in neutral. The only thing that may be lacking is his backward walk speed and anti-air. Not certain on the last one though. (Nevermind that anti-air concern. Just saw,the sword spin again. -AE)

I'm looking at WoWo & Atrocitus right now, but Robin's not out of the running, for sure. That trait tho! Hat,trick Robin?? Say word!

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I missed one thing, can someone's answer real quick : the move where Fate blocks all interactables, what changes about it when the trait is active?!?

Also: is the pillar that launches the opponent when they have 3 ankhs attached to them unblockable like the individual ankhs damage?!
I don't think they said anything regarding the trait interactible magic. They also didn't say whether or not that ankh pillar is unblockable, but I doubt it. That might be broke af if that was the case.