What's new

Robin and Dr. Fate WatchTower Breakdowns

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Came here to read stuff breaking down fate and more importantly for me anyways, ROBIN. as usual the comment section has turned to poo and I'm stuck here at work reading comments about why X character should have more time shown than Y character when all I want to do is read about the two characters that are in the title of the thread.
Basically Robin is DeathstrokexBatgirl. Teleports and batarang setups with great range on his normals which use the sword. Expect b2's into Trait which can setup low bombs or teleport'a'rangs to be used for anti zoning teles or cross ups. He's pure swag and a rushdown GOD with Mids on mids on mids. Thats his playstyle, expect him to combat well against characters like Cheetah. Both so far are the rushdown GODS of Injustice.

Fate on the other hand has the following:

Eye of Agamatto

Grace of Potnus??

Impact palm, only this time its a fucking full body safe on block great pushback special that basically resets everything.
He can summon unblockable tracking daggers x 3. If all 3 hit a mid pillar rains from above for a popup.

Healing Field that can be placed even behind him.

Trait=OD. Increases damage. Changes specials so Healing field becomes Damage Field and be exploded if Fate enters it. Expect these to be placed on knock down.

All Magical Aspects of Fate are buffed, he uses magic for everything.

Also...

During Trait....

His Grab....

He pops you up for a combo...

Let that sink in.....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

This character is the only thing that might allow me to process the idea of Spawn not being in this game as of yet. GG's NRS.

Dr. BAE...My God what have they done.

Error

DF2+R2
Dr. Fate breakdown for those who couldn't watch:
-All normals seemed to be magic based, with distance being more prevalent over launching/combos on hit.

-Trait is a buff that makes Dr.Fates moves more aggressive, with it active throw launches in corner

-Very fast high projectile that becomes a mid at full screen, basically Sinestro's fear blast; trait increases damage

-Slow forceball projectile, is a high, has very little hitstun and can be stopped at any point for a bar. Fades before reaching full screen; trait increases damage and causes more hitstun

-Ankh push, hitbox looks similar to Zod's push, is safe and moves Dr.Fate back; with trait MB version launches

-Hovering Ankhs, summons up to 3 ankhs around Dr.Fate and can be released at any number, tracks opponent and is unblockable but has no hitstun, if 3 are released and they all hit a forth attack happens that launches the opponent, might've been blockable. With trait the ankhs become traps on the ground

-An Ankh bubble that functions like Kotal's sunlight(placed in front or behind you), regular only heals over time, ex gives a burst heal; with trait the bubble causes damage over time and burst damage for EX

-A seal special move that temporarily prevents the closest interactable from being used by the opponent

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

-Hovering Ankhs, summons up to 3 ankhs around Dr.Fate and can be released at any number, tracks opponent and is unblockable but has no hitstun, if 3 are released and they all hit a forth attack happens that launches the opponent, might've been blockable. With trait the ankhs become traps on the ground
The sky pillar is a Mid

SM StarGazer

BRUH. I founded the temple of Dr. Fate worship before he was even announced. The Spawn train station is that way. >
Also Good Sir.....I respect your founding of the Worship of The Fate. I only worship Lord Spawn. Yet you will not deny that I to have called time and time again for Master Fate's arrival into Injustice. Superbae, Dr. Bae, BaeStorm, Captain Bae(Atom). The only characters that will calm my soul if Lord Spawn does not arrive, AGAIN.

Let us bask in the Majesty of Zoning and the second coming of Zoning Christ. The Worship of the Fate is strong today my brother. Never before has full screen looked to good. Let us be Merry.

*Chants*

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'm hearing the force ball fades before reaching fullscreen, has this been changed from the UUDD video then cause I remember him throwing a forceball then the fast projectile and the slow one hit second, at full screen.

P.s I'm definitely a part of the Dr Fate club and I've not even watched the breakdown yet. Only character I'm hype for, can't wait to lab this god of swag

I'm hearing the force ball fades before reaching fullscreen, has this been changed from the UUDD video then cause I remember him throwing a forceball then the fast projectile and the slow one hit second, at full screen.

P.s I'm definitely a part of the Dr Fate club and I've not even watched the breakdown yet. Only character I'm hype for, can't wait to lab this god of swag
the Displacer Orb affected by the gear change was moving slower, did track, and disappeared before reaching fullscreen. The normal displacer orb doesn't disappear before going fullscreen.
The weird thing is when the Displacer orb hit Robin in the video it said that it was a MID. But Robin was also able to duck it right before that:/

Feeling pretty vindicated with picking Swamp Thing and Fate. Easily some of the best designed archetypes in the game from what we've seen. Bravo NRS

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
He is younger- isnt he? the character model looks around 17-19 to me.

or would you like him to be younger, like around 14?

just curious...
Damian was like 10 years old or something when he first turned up.. but grew a teenager over the course part of New52. He is currently supposed to be around 13. In fact I think is his rebirth oneshot they actually had his 13th birthday, to "reset" his new age so it could match Superboy.

I tend to agree that he looks way to old to me. He should still look like a "boy".

They should have used Dragon in his haloween costume.. hehe.. looks just like Damien.. wish I still had a link to it to post.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Damian was like 10 years old or something when he first turned up.. but grew a teenager over the course part of New52. He is currently supposed to be around 13. In fact I think is his rebirth oneshot they actually had his 13th birthday, to "reset" his new age so it could match Superboy.

I tend to agree that he looks way to old to me. He should still look like a "boy".

They should have used Dragon in his haloween costume.. hehe.. looks just like Damien.. wish I still had a link to it to post.
Well he do was about 13 when Injustice first started, in the comics at least. It's been seven years since then, so it's normal he's like 20 now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yooooooooo!!!!! ZONING CONFIRMED
I know right? I'm so maining Fate as a top 3 in this game, not sure if he'll be my main main but dude Fate alone has more zoning than fucking everyone in MKX put together...lol and I'm loving it. But definitely using Fate, FS, probably Flash. I'd say I'd be looking forward to Hawkman since I used HG a lot in the first one but we all know how Boon feels about Hawkman....

Fate I can tell right now will probably get nerfed, tons of people will bitch about his zoning. lol I mean he has a shitload of tools for great keep away, that seeking orb a la similar to Sektor's seeking missile OMG I was like ohh that's evil haha. The fact that he can do that on top of rushing you or staying back to heal himself or just use the magic fireballs lol...people are going to hate him.

On a side note, with that Robin move the "crossing the line" I do wonder, what would happen if a teleporter just nailed him from the other side like say Supergirl for instance, is that considered "crossing the line" and would she take damage? I mean it's technically not crossing the line just hitting Robin from the other side lol but I won't be surprised if by the game's mechanics the way the move works if it'll hurt you anyway. Robin reminds me of a mix between Deathstroke+Takeda with a hint of Batman.

Dr. Fate is like Sinestro+Ermac+Predator to me but better IMO. I love how he doesn't just have tools to fight from a far but KEEP you far with moves that protect him/aid him from a far as well. That one move where he's safe on block to push you far again is sweet. I'm really excited for him and FS, I think both will be incredibly irritating for get in on.

SM StarGazer

I know right? I'm so maining Fate as a top 3 in this game, not sure if he'll be my main main but dude Fate alone has more zoning than fucking everyone in MKX put together...lol and I'm loving it. But definitely using Fate, FS, probably Flash. I'd say I'd be looking forward to Hawkman since I used HG a lot in the first one but we all know how Boon feels about Hawkman....

Fate I can tell right now will probably get nerfed, tons of people will bitch about his zoning. lol I mean he has a shitload of tools for great keep away, that seeking orb a la similar to Sektor's seeking missile OMG I was like ohh that's evil haha. The fact that he can do that on top of rushing you or staying back to heal himself or just use the magic fireballs lol...people are going to hate him.

On a side note, with that Robin move the "crossing the line" I do wonder, what would happen if a teleporter just nailed him from the other side like say Supergirl for instance, is that considered "crossing the line" and would she take damage? I mean it's technically not crossing the line just hitting Robin from the other side lol but I won't be surprised if by the game's mechanics the way the move works if it'll hurt you anyway. Robin reminds me of a mix between Deathstroke+Takeda with a hint of Batman.

Dr. Fate is like Sinestro+Ermac+Predator to me but better IMO. I love how he doesn't just have tools to fight from a far but KEEP you far with moves that protect him/aid him from a far as well. That one move where he's safe on block to push you far again is sweet. I'm really excited for him and FS, I think both will be incredibly irritating for get in on.
Yeah d1-Push is gonna be insane

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
i do not think fate is the one he's either gonna be great or myeh
Agreed. He's got great keepaway specials, but no combos and little room for variety or creativity in mixing up zoning tools. Get ready for scrubs to cry though because there's actually different play styles in this game *cough, mkx, cough*. This is the only character made for my style this time so I hope the crying/complaining stays modest cause there's universal tools to deal with zoning in inj2 like mb roll and maybe even dash cancel a mb b3

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of creativity in either finding an approach from full screen or atttempting to zone them out from full screen

Fireballs and fireball characters refine the meta; dynamic meta = good

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Team Tyler FTW!

Fate looks fucking sick.

Superboy is 10.

Pretty sure the first chapter of Injustice 2 is a flashback so that can explain why Damien can be young without messing shit up.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I truly believe that Fate and Firestorm(among a few others I'm sure) will be deadly in the right zoner's hands. True, they may lack a more up close and combo game but that's the whole point of their play style.....Same applies to characters like Robin, Batman, Superman etc if they can't get in they're not doing much.

Agreed. He's got great keepaway specials, but no combos and little room for variety or creativity in mixing up zoning tools. Get ready for scrubs to cry though because there's actually different play styles in this game *cough, mkx, cough*. This is the only character made for my style this time so I hope the crying/complaining stays modest cause there's universal tools to deal with zoning in inj2 like mb roll and maybe even dash cancel a mb b3

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of creativity in either finding an approach from full screen or atttempting to zone them out from full screen

Fireballs and fireball characters refine the meta; dynamic meta = good
what im seeing is a solid fireball - some really interesting specials, but interesting does not necessarily mean good. brute force can kind of win. He's going to require the ability to actually gain quite a bit of momentum to be effective.

it's all dependent on how capable he is of containing op offense, and maintaining momentum. it depends how quickly he can get out his specials, how easily he can get away and space at midrange and deal with jumping.

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I truly believe that Fate and Firestorm(among a few others I'm sure) will be deadly in the right zoner's hands. True, they may lack a more up close and combo game but that's the whole point of their play style.....
Exactly. I really don't think any of us want a Fate with strong 50/50 mixups and a bonkers corner game, that would be way too much. We need strong characters that allow for different play styles, not OP, double S-Tier tyrants that make other play styles obsolete. And even if you do, there are too many players that would hate that situation.

I have to chuckle and scratch my head, reading comments that question Fate's zoning tools, and whether or not you can be creative, or unpredictable with him. Lookit, you've got more than enough to mix it up from full screen, so if you are predictable, that's on YOU as a player.

He has orbs that he can stop anywhere, at anytime for one bar of meter. He has projectiles with a downward slant, that will be hard to duck under at certain parts of the screen. He has tracking ankhs that can basically threaten to blow up the opponent for going in too hard. The bastard can HEAL HIMSELF and that's not the end of what he can do.

Yes, you will have to be on point with your spacing and anti-air options, because you're not strong in that department. But we're lucky to have a Fate with that flaw, because if that wasn't there, the Day 1 nerf threads would be totally justified.