What's new

Road to Evo 2012 Event UFGT8: Mortal Kombat Top 8 Set for Sunday!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Today's MK9 action at Road to Evo 2012 Event,UFGT8: Infinity in Chicago just wrapped up, and the final 8 is now set. They are expected to be worked down to the Top 4 Tomorrow at 4PM Central, then at approx 6:30PM Central, Top 4 will finish up. Tune in to www.leveluplive.tv for the live stream action and stay tuned to TYM as well as the TYM Twitter for updates or changes!

ufgt8.jpg

Winner's side
  • Pig of the Hut (Mileena)
  • Clint the Beast (Sonya)
  • KevoDaMan (Kabal)
  • Slips (Scorpion)
Loser's side
  • GGA Dizzy (Johnny Cage)
  • GGA 16 Bit (Kitana)
  • IKizzle (Sektor)
  • GGA SoonK (Kabal)
Matches are expected to go in this order via Pig Of The Hut
  • Pig of the Hut vs Clint The Beast
  • KevoDaMan vs Slips
  • IKizzle vs GGA 16 Bit
  • GGA SoonK vs GGA Dizzy
Falling just short of the top 8 but getting themselves some Evo seeding points are:
9th place - Tom Brady, GGA Jeremiah, Dque, STB Brainstorm
13th place - Delriach, GGA Fill Pops, Jody Tha Great, EG fLOE

Thanks to Delriach & GGA's Doc Mack, Pig of the Hut and GGA 16 Bit for the updates!

Attachments

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
they will be showing top 8 its just gonna be split on the 2 streams.. stream 2 will top8-4 then stream 1 will have top 4-1

Shady

Noob
I have a feeling this will be a toss up between Pig, Kev, and Clint.

D-Que Beats, good stuff man. That Cyrax is doing work.
It's funny because it will be the luck of the draw then if they go Mileena, Kabal, Sonya.... Sonya blows up Mileena, Kabal blows up Sonya, Mileena makes Kabal struggle (there is no character that blows up Kabal). So someone will get a shitty draw.

SZSR

Noob
It's funny because it will be the luck of the draw then if they go Mileena, Kabal, Sonya.... Sonya blows up Mileena, Kabal blows up Sonya, Mileena makes Kabal struggle (there is no character that blows up Kabal). So someone will get a shitty draw.
Interesting as your post sounds, Pig particularly picked up Kenshi for Clint's Sonya(and then became an uber-boss at him in the process). Clint is no pushover, he's got his own menagerie of characters to choose from. Kev i've barely seen play but i've been impressed every time.

It's probably gonna be a counterpicking final. Which I enjoy because I love seeing different characters being used to fight against different characters, and how some people come up with creative ways to approach their bad matchups.

I am just loving that 2 ATL local players are in the Top 8. Everyone should know both Pig Of The Hut and Clint the Beast are capable of winning the tournament. I am pulling for you both, and I just hope Clint is at the proper level of drunkeness to preform tomorrow at his top level. For those not in the know Clint top level of performance is no where near sober. Dude drinks more than I do which is really saying something.

PS My money is on Pig to win.