What's new

Road to Evo 2012 Event UFGT8: Mortal Kombat Top 8 Set for Sunday!

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Comicpalooza MK had more than SFAE2012 in tha south for MK we ARE in there. and damn man can you blame people for wantin to save their money for MLG events, I can't. Basically all so called MAJORS have been downgraded to Locals. as for KOF IDK. Maybe they got more funds than us broke ass MK players.
btw Delriach you're Sindel is beautiful thing to watch shoutouts to beating Kabal with Sindel

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Edit: I still have 3 more videos uploading. I'll update when I can.

Hey guys as promised here are the matches I was able to record yesterday. I'd like to apologize to Goldfishkeeper for not getting her match against Justin Wong recorded. I watched it and got caught up in the match and didn't go grab my camera. For those that don't know she eliminated Justin Wong using Jade. There were a ton recorded directly from one of the stations as well so there are plenty more to come. Thanks to medina4life for the equipment and HAN for running the recording statioion.

Also we took another picture after the top 8 picture.

Left to Right: Jim, IKizzLE, D-Que Beats, Clint the Beast, dizzy, KevoDaMaN, fill pops, Slips, Osu 16 Bit, Pig Of The Hut, soonk, glass sword, Semi Evil Ryu, AU_IM_DIGIMON

Altaire

Noob
I say again: Pig and Kizzle in finals. Calling it right now.

It'd be hype as fuck if Slips wins it, though.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I want a Slips vs Pig final.

And I want Pig to win because he is rad, and I also wants Slips to win to give him back the belief in himself that he once had...in himself.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I also wants Slips to win to give him back the belief in himself that he once had...in himself.
Hahahaha I'd love Slips to win because
1) his Scorpion is awesome to watch, and
2) I came into the FGC via Tekken, many many moons ago

Slips has had as much high-pressure tournament experience as anyone. I don't think he lets it get to him. He Scorpion seems to have hit a different level from what everyone has been saying... he could absolutely take it.

Flagg

Noob
Slips is on fire.

Wow, how could he change characters if his Scorpion won this. He just took out the best Sektor in America.

Delriach

Sindelly
Comicpalooza MK had more than SFAE2012 in tha south for MK we ARE in there. and damn man can you blame people for wantin to save their money for MLG events, I can't. Basically all so called MAJORS have been downgraded to Locals. as for KOF IDK. Maybe they got more funds than us broke ass MK players.
btw Delriach you're Sindel is beautiful thing to watch shoutouts to beating Kabal with Sindel
Thanks. I don't know how I blew that Kabal up. Haha. Poor guy. I could have done so much better overall though. Lots of things were working against me. I play hitbox but used pad. My pad was also faulty, which I learned mid tournament. I kept messing up my levitate cancels for no reason. I do these things all the time. Now I mess them up? Jeez.

I'll try to do better next time. The only reason why I was even somewhat okay with using pad was because I've been playing on Vita lol.

Delriach

Sindelly
lol oh and sorry for the bracket mess up at the end when I was doing commentary with Digimon. We don't know how to read apparently. It's somewhat difficult to think because we could hear people talking over us through the speakers. It resets your mind.

exyle

Noob
Lots of things were working against me. I play hitbox but used pad. My pad was also faulty, which I learned mid tournament. I kept messing up my levitate cancels for no reason. I do these things all the time. Now I mess them up? Jeez.
Why weren't you on hitbox?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Delriach , really nice job with Sindel. It was great to see a lot of unpopular characters have success with the help of some really good players at UFGT.

Your commentary was refreshing to hear since everyone outside you and 16bit spent a lot of the time bashing the players at hand or someone else.