What's new

Riu48's Sonya MUs Dec 2012

last time i post my matchups for sonya was about 8 months ago this is the updated list

stop the up playing and the down playing

baraka 6-4
cybersub 6-4
cyrax 6-4
ermac 6-4
freddy 3-7
jade 7-3
jax 6-4
cage 5-5
kabal 3-7
kano 7-3
kenshi 4-6
kitana 5-5
kung lao 5-5
liu kang 6-4
mileena 7-3
knightwolf 7-3
noob 6-4
quan chi 6-4
raiden 6-4
reptile 6-4
rain 6-4
scorpion 7-3
sektor 5-5
shang 6-4
sheeva 7-3
sindel 6-4
skarlet 5-5
smoke 6-4
stryker 6-4
sub zero 5-5

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am surprised at the Kabal and Kenshi numbers, I would have thought those would be flipped. I feel like Sonya Smoke is 6-4 in Sonya's favor.

Owerbart

I miss you
last time i post my matchups for sonya was about 8 months ago this is the updated list
Agreed with the JC and Kabal MU, although Ermac could be 6.5-3.5 for Sonya.

Out of curiosity, why you have Sub and Sektor as going even with the Cartwheel bitch?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

stop the up playing and the down playing

baraka 6-4
cybersub 6-4
cyrax 6-4
ermac 6-4
freddy 3-7
jade 7-3
jax 6-4
cage 5-5
kabal 3-7
kano 7-3
kenshi 4-6
kitana 5-5
kung lao 5-5
liu kang 6-4
mileena 7-3
knightwolf 7-3
noob 6-4
quan chi 6-4
raiden 6-4
reptile 6-4
rain 6-4
scorpion 7-3
sektor 5-5
shang 6-4
sheeva 7-3
sindel 6-4
skarlet 5-5
smoke 6-5
stryker 6-4
sub zero 5-5
I love your list, probably the BEST sonya list EVER

Can you in your words describe the advantages sonya has over cyrax?

And also Raiden

Thanks Riu, this chart is what every Sonya player needed. Kick of realism to the groin.

I know not NEAR as much as you or other sonyas yet but I feel rain could be a 7-3

Freddy definitely has an advantage over Sonya. Just not a 7:3 advantage. I do not care how much Death complains.

And Kabal is tougher than Kenshi?
kabal is worst than kenshi the truth is that a lot of sonya players have been down playing her in the kenshi matchup

@Pig Of The Hut is a slightly advantage . . . but the reason why she has the advantage is because she can choose when to attack and when to stay back at her will and cyrax does not have this kind of freedom in the matchup giving sonya a slightly advantage

raiden
he has a high hitbox and sonya is at her full potencial against him and since rainden's biggest strenght is making his opponent wiff with his teleport and take advantage of the situation he will have a hard time playing his natural game against sonya because sonya's game is most likely about her d4 and d4 on wiff recovers fast enough so that raiden can not take advantage of he making her d4 wiff. .. however if he manage to make sonya wiff a d4 without using his teleport he can punish it with superman.

rain
he should play the keep away game in this matchup and even when his keep away game is not as good against many other character it is very decente against sonya because bf1 has a little more range than sonya's d4 this move comes useful in this matchup . . .lighting can be really useful on this matchup as well since sonya can not punish it at the right distance and since he has one of the very best armors in the game sonya can not careless rush him down like she does against many other characters. . . he elso has a good rushdown game himself

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
@Pig Of The Hut is a slightly advantage . . . but the reason why she has the advantage is because she can choose when to attack and when to stay back at her will and cyrax does not have this kind of freedom in the matchup giving sonya a slightly advantage

raiden
he has a high hitbox and sonya is at her full potencial against him and since rainden's biggest strenght is making his opponent wiff with his teleport and take advantage of the situation he will have a hard time playing his natural game against sonya because sonya's game is most likely about her d4 and d4 on wiff recovers fast enough so that raiden can not take advantage of he making her d4 wiff. .. however if he manage to make sonya wiff a d4 without using his teleport he can punish it with superman.

rain
he should play the keep away game in this matchup and even when his keep away game is not as good against many other character it is very decente against sonya because bf1 has a little more range than sonya's d4 this move comes useful in this matchup . . .lighting can be really useful on this matchup as well since sonya can not punish it at the right distance and since he has one of the very best armors in the game sonya can not careless rush him down like she does against many other characters. . . he elso has a good rushdown game himself
Raiden seems more like a 3-7 he is fucked in that MU.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Rain Sonya 5-5. Both characters can be played ignorant as fuck and disregard eachothers offense with their own armour.
4RH is better than D4MSF1 in footsies though.

Rain Sonya 5-5. Both characters can be played ignorant as fuck and disregard eachothers offense with their own armour.
4RH is better than D4MSF1 in footsies though.

i would 100% agree with you on the matchup been 5-5 but rains having a big hitbox give sonya the advantage and what is 4RH?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i would 100% agree with you on the matchup been 5-5 but rains having a big hitbox give sonya the advantage and what is 4RH?
4Rh is all that Rain is, 46% on hit, -3 on block with massive pushback can whiff punish Sonya/Mileena D4 easily.
The big hitbox thing isnt an issue because Rain can armour all MS mixups apart from the D4MSF1

4Rh is all that Rain is, 46% on hit, -3 on block with massive pushback can whiff punish Sonya/Mileena D4 easily.
The big hitbox thing isnt an issue because Rain can armour all MS mixups apart from the D4MSF1
been wondering for a while now, but it seems you think rain is pretty good. what tier placement does he have according to you?

but what does the RH stand for?

about rain trust me that hit hitbox hurt him in this matchup because sonya will be doing a lot more than just d4msf1 to him

NKZero i really can understand why some players would see this matchup as a losing matchup for sektor and most of the time it would be for two reason
1) the sektor player is trying to play rush or play footsies against sonya ( this is a mistake i have seen a lot of sektor players do against me and others sonya players)

2) doing the right thing which is playing the keep away game but been predictable on their attacks . . .

tell me if i am wrong but the mean problem you guys have is the ex cartwheel right?