What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe for someone who doesn't play BA.
This style of argument isn't going to get you anywhere. Lay off the ad hominems and please explain, because (1) we're in an entire subforum of people who don't play BA; and (2) it's not obvious why the 2 second delay is a problem, especially considering the nerf to the duration actually helps the recharge (although obviously not enough to offset the entire nerf).

Looking forward to your answer. No sarcasm - I really do want to hear it so that I know what his new limitations are.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I still don't get it. KF gets to walk around WW's range and check her with slide and in the post slide guessing game you're going to just sweep all the time and this is supposed to be bad for KF? I don't know why I'd care. I'd actually prefer to not to play any post slide guessing game and keep it a wash like that. unless I needed to make a big comeback I suppose.
It basically means, that if a sweep is blocked or not, the guessing game is all in WoWos favour. She takes no risk by following a flow chart, and her potential gain is alot higher.

WoWo can effectively avoid all of KFs up close game from beginning by doing a sweep.
If it hits begin your offense, if its blocked you always have the safe option of jumping backwards which will punish a slide, avoid the overhead, and she has better air normals in her J3 to avoid losing air to airs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This style of argument isn't going to get you anywhere. Lay off the ad hominems and please explain, because (1) we're in an entire subforum of people who don't play BA; and (2) it's not obvious why the 2 second delay is a problem, especially considering the nerf to the duration actually helps the recharge (although obviously not enough to offset the entire nerf).

Looking forward to your answer. No sarcasm - I really do want to hear it so that I know what his new limitations are.
His trait is now his only guaranteed GTFO me method, the decreased duration does not help because it was a flag for people not to get in. More cooldown means less free unblockable guaranteed damage and mixups and now that his lightning is so easy to punish he needs to look for whiffs even more before throwing it out ( not that he didn't previously ). Using trait for a couple % more that most of the cast already gets is not by any means crazy good or even good.

I'd rather use meter for combos and have the trait to make my B2 threatening.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This guessing game is all secondary to the fact that you had to watch out for slide. Against KF you're taking a risk doing anything but block low. If your response to this is to play it safe with a d+3 check then that's fine by her.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This guessing game is all secondary to the fact that you had to watch out for slide. Against KF you're taking a risk doing anything but block low. If your response to this is to play it safe with a d+3 check then that's fine by her.
But, the slide is her only option to get in against a character like WoWo. Unless I'm missing something?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
But, the slide is her only option to get in against a character like WoWo. Unless I'm missing something?

That's all you need.

It's not really about getting in either. KF blows up mistakes or button presses.

Also, KF players need to stop basing MU numbers on batcave only lol.
I agree with this and think KF is probably a character that needs two MU numbers (particularly against power characters). At the same time, it is refreshing to see the KF forums being accused of up-playing. If the MU #s were all based on unfavourable stages, then it'd be back to the downplaying accusations. Maybe not from you, but from many. Really, it seems that whatever the KF forums do, there is up-playing or down-playing in the eyes of everyone else. They should just call her Killer Salt, b/c nothing anyone on the KF forums says is ok with the haters.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
That__John__Guy I've been thinking about making a MU chart like that for months lol. I don't think it just effects KF either, I'm sure many characters have two MU #s depending on stage.

For example: Batman vs KF is 5-5 in general, but Batman beats her 7-3 on the Gotham Alley stage.

Get my drift?

That__John__Guy I've been thinking about making a MU chart like that for months lol. I don't think it just effects KF either, I'm sure many characters have two MU #s depending on stage.

For example: Batman vs KF is 5-5 in general, but Batman beats her 7-3 on the Gotham Alley stage.

Get my drift?
Yeah, makes sense. I also think it does merit acknowledging that roughly six months into the game, there are still *many* character forums that don't have anything resembling a community MU chart at all. Or if they do it hasn't been updated since 5 months ago, is woefully incomplete, or is strewn across 1,000 posts. I've been shocked at the disarray in many characters' forums on putting anything close to this together. The haters can say what they want, but at least the KF community has put forth a relatively complete, consensus-based, up-to-date MU chart to discuss. While I'd personally appreciate seeing the KF MU chart developed more, getting as far as it has is not an accomplishment every other characters' forum can claim.

That__John__Guy I've been thinking about making a MU chart like that for months lol. I don't think it just effects KF either, I'm sure many characters have two MU #s depending on stage
I recommended doing that way back in Ribbz thread, but he dismissed it as too much work. It's really not - you just come up with two numbers in the MUs where interactables matter a lot. That's really only power characters and particular gadget characters like Batgirl.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I recommended doing that way back in Ribbz thread, but he dismissed it as too much work. It's really not - you just come up with two numbers in the MUs where interactables matter a lot. That's really only power characters and particular gadget characters like Batgirl.

I just made a thread about it. I think it should be done.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Worst case scenario is the D3 hits or causes a MB F3 to whiff, best case is the frost player backdashes.
Obviously the backdash can be punished relatively easily on a read, but its not neccessary to attempt it cause KF has no way to punish the sweep without pissing meter away on MB B3s.

It's not as if WoWo can only do a single sweep, she can mash them out repeatedly because of the range KF lacks, and the pushback the move has.

Status
Not open for further replies.