What's new

RG Sonic Fox wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Evolution 2014!

I'm not a huge fan of Batgirl but I WILL give props to SonicFox for ADAPTING so incredibly well. Winners and Grand Finals was really night and day. Whatever adjustments you made really paid off, so congrats for taking the biggest tournament of all. :)

Batgrill is a yolo vortex character, but SonicFox wasn't just lucky in grand final. He didn't just guess right 50 times in a row. He played out of his mind and made all the reads that mattered. So big props to him.

MITDJT is my hero, he moped up THEO :p
Oh yeah, HUGE PROPS to MIT for achieving what NO ONE ELSE was able to do in recent tournaments: Take down the king of atlantis!

Not only did he win vs Theo, he made it look EASY and made Deathstroke look like pre-patch Deathstroke. Theo got straight up out-lamed and he was clearly out of his comfort zone.

Not to mention those clutch matches with his brother were some of the hypest Injustice matches I've seen in a long time.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
One of the two characters that I didn't want to win took it but sonic did play well so good job. Can't wait to see the bashing of batgirl and downplaying threads coming soon lol

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
Props to Pig. Definite favorite of the tournament, and my favorite to watch. But also huge props to MIT for taking down Theo I damn near flipped my laptop I was so hype

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Huge props to all the top 8, that was a fantastic wrap up for the tournament. Was really rooting for pig but sonic fox played superbly in the finals
finals and deserved to win.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think he meant top 8, since you asked to list another BG who made top 8.

However that's only if you count Civil War as a major
Yeah I know, which was going to lead me on to: So one person winning majors with BG and only one other person having ever placed with her, definitely worth complaining about...

Even though astronout didn't even exclusively use BG as well

Error

DF2+R2
Yeah I know, which was going to lead me on to: So one person winning majors with BG and only one other person having ever placed with her, definitely worth complaining about...

Even though astronout didn't even exclusively use BG as well
Not enough character representation, same could be said about MMH, Zod and Bane.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Not enough character representation, same could be said about MMH, Zod and Bane.
Not really, because most people's justification of the lack of placings seen by MMH and Zod are that they demand such execution that not many people are able to use them effectively, whereas I don't think anyone would claim that BG demands high execution.

As to Bane, he hasn't even come close to winning a major and probably has one of the lowest requirements for execution in the game, I believe the closest anyone came was max at KIT so anyone complaining about Bane really just needs to get over it and learn a secondary.

Not really, because most people's justification of the lack of placings seen by MMH and Zod are that they demand such execution that not many people are able to use them effectively, whereas I don't think anyone would claim that BG demands high execution.

As to Bane, he hasn't even come close to winning a major and probably has one of the lowest requirements for execution in the game, I believe the closest anyone came was max at KIT so anyone complaining about Bane really just needs to get over it and learn a secondary.
Stop derailing the thread. The vast majority of people here are giving due props to Sonic. By starting your argument you're only calling out more people to be more vocal about why they don't like Batgirl.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Stop derailing the thread. The vast majority of people here are giving due props to Sonic. By starting your argument you're only calling out more people to be more vocal about why they don't like Batgirl.
I'm not derailing it at all, I'm attesting to sonic fox's skill and proving those who say it's just the character to be idiots.

I don't care if I'm calling them out to be vocal, let the facts show them to be fools. Sonic Fox is the best at this game and is an exceptional talent in regards to fighting games, I'm sure NRS will employ him someday