What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
I honestly don't see why he gets so much hate.I mean we already have Johnny and Cassie in the game, so what's so bad about an overweight drunk hobo who kills with farts?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I like Bo Rai Cho, but I prefer other chars like Rain, Skarlet or Shang Tsung. I'd prefer to have him serious, maybe really dumb only in 1 variation.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
MK needs some fat characters, I'm tired of looking at these extremely fit go to the gym 24/7 motherfuckers... even Cage in his 50s looks ripped.
DAMMIT WHERE'S MY FAT SUB ZERO ???

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Okay, what some people are saying doesn't really make sense to me. They say that they don't want puking, Noob made people do it in his xray. This game is exponentially grosser than mere farts and puking goes; Mileena's eating someone's guts and Kenshi turning people into mincemeat. I do understand that that is his theme, but it nonetheless freaks people out more than digging out someone's heart.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Man if they made a new MK movie Sammo Hung would be the best candidate for Bo Rai Cho, he's got the belly and the the skills to get it on.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So you're admitting your opinion doesn't matter, great. We all already knew this.
I've done the work to know about the game, the matchups, and worked through the general progressions that it takes to git gud - as has most of the posters here, but clearly not all.

Your opinion has merit until proven otherwise, but it only gains through meaningful posts.

I remember the abomination that was Bo Rai Cho and Shujinko back in Deception.

I also know a thing or two about Kung Fu. Not only is Drunken Style not really a thing, but there are no fat, perpetually drunken, or undisciplined masters.

The drunkenness in Drunken Style is feigned and historically it was quickly abandoned whenever it was found out.

He was only appropriate as a joke, but jokes aren't appropriate to MKX.

Last edited:

Solignac

Noob
I'm pretty sure damn near every fatality in Mortal Kombat has a jokey edge to it. Like Quan Chi's neck stretch in MK DA that made his opponent look like a giraffe? Johnny fucking Cage, the entire character, is pretty much a walking punchline? Toasty?!

The only thing that's an inappropriate joke in this game is the fucking netcode.

GAV

I'm pretty sure damn near every fatality in Mortal Kombat has a jokey edge to it. Like Quan Chi's neck stretch in MK DA that made his opponent look like a giraffe? Johnny fucking Cage, the entire character, is pretty much a walking punchline? Toasty?!

The only thing that's an inappropriate joke in this game is the fucking netcode.
You gotta understand that without jokes present in our society, our very existance wouldn't exist. You're just raining on my parade.
I still hate Bo Rai Cho.

I want to at least believe the fiction that every fighter can kick @$$ - and I know that Bo Rai Cho couldn't.

Plus, we already have one dumbed down character with staff attacks in Kung Jin - and isn't one enough???

In my mind, one is already one too many.

I've done the work to know about the game, the matchups, and worked through the general progressions that it takes to git gud - as has most of the posters here, but clearly not all.

Your opinion has merit until proven otherwise, but it only gains through meaningful posts.

I also know a thing or two about Kung Fu. Not only is Drunken Style not really a thing, but there are no fat, perpetually drunken, or undisciplined masters.

The drunkenness in Drunken Style is feigned and historically it was quickly abandoned whenever it was found out.

So if I "git gud" my opinion matters? How does one consider themselves "gud"? How does this make your opinion matter, and why does that allow you to shit on people whose opinion is different?

You know Kung Fu? That's great, but how is that relevant at all to the discussion? MK is a fantasy game, who the hell cares if there's a fat drunken master, MK has never made logical sense. "Jokes aren't appropriate to MKX" ??? Look at Cassie Cage or Johnny, both can be considered joke characters while at the same time having serious stories.

Also to everyone bringing up the farts and puking - look at Bo' Rai Cho in story. He's been redesigned, and there was nothing indicating that he kept those traits.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting

Jokes aren't appropriate to mkx? Have you not seen cassie cage's fatalitys? Basically every opening scene? Kung jin and takeda? Those are some pretty big jokes. Shujinko was horrible I agree, but deception was still a really fun game at the time. And playing with borai had a factor in the game players never got before. I think they could do something really cool with bo rai chu and his style, theres no such things as subzeros or quan chis in real life but that doesn't mean they cant exist in mk.

Last edited:

PlateOfWater

Aaaaaarrfff
Jokes aren't appropriate to mkx? Have you not seen cassie cage's fatalitys? Basically every opening scene? Kung jin and takeda? Those are some pretty big jokes. Shujinko was horrible I agree, but deception was still a really fun game at the time. And playing with borai had a factor in the game players never got before. I think they could do something really cool with bo rai chu and his style, theres no such things as subzeros or quan chis in real life but that doesn't mean they cant exist in mk.
Damnit Deception was a good game. Funky mechanics but spent too much time on it. Cassie's fatalities are great, the selfie is probably one of the best. He'd be a great character to add to the roster. You may think he's just a joke but stop for a moment and think ...

Lui Kang was trained by this fat man and then Kang proceeded to win the tournament. So the next you see Bo Rai Cho puking on the floor or spontaneously combusting because of a fart ... just know that Bo Rai Cho is inside all of us.

GAV

So if I "git gud" my opinion matters? How does one consider themselves "gud"? How does this make your opinion matter, and why does that allow you to shit on people whose opinion is different?

You know Kung Fu? That's great, but how is that relevant at all to the discussion? MK is a fantasy game, who the hell cares if there's a fat drunken master, MK has never made logical sense. "Jokes aren't appropriate to MKX" ??? Look at Cassie Cage or Johnny, both can be considered joke characters while at the same time having serious stories.

Also to everyone bringing up the farts and puking - look at Bo' Rai Cho in story. He's been redesigned, and there was nothing indicating that he kept those traits.
The process of working through the progressions that make you git gud is what validates your opinion - since you would then have an educated one.

Jokes are fine as long as they don't break the fiction - which Bo Rai Cho's character did for myself - and many others.

Bo Rai Cho's redesigning is completely irrelevant. He remains the character that burped and farted his way to victory. It cannot be undone.

GAV

Jokes that don't break the fiction are fine, but Bo Rai Cho did - for me and for many others.

Bringing him back as a playable character would be something to be absolutely abhorred.

GAV

Damnit Deception was a good game. Funky mechanics but spent too much time on it. Cassie's fatalities are great, the selfie is probably one of the best. He'd be a great character to add to the roster. You may think he's just a joke but stop for a moment and think ...

Lui Kang was trained by this fat man and then Kang proceeded to win the tournament. So the next you see Bo Rai Cho puking on the floor or spontaneously combusting because of a fart ... just know that Bo Rai Cho is inside all of us.
There is no poetry in burping and farting. People wouldn't even buy that line on the Blue Collar Tour.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Jokes that don't break the fiction are fine, but Bo Rai Cho did - for me and for many others.

Bringing him back as a playable character would be something to be absolutely abhorred.
It sucks that he's such a game breaking character for you man. Unfortunately, you're in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.