What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Guys, we did it. Our potbelly grandmaster has made it. Some may annoint themselves with gasoline and ignite themselves at his jovial face. I pity them because he is greater than ourselves. I call to all my disciples of all nationalities and genders to come and become enlightened. May we make salt cheap with how much we will make our opponents seeth.

Bo' Rai Cho's special moves:
*Bottle Drop- Bo' drops a bottle of booze to trip the opponent.​
Belly Bash- Lunges stomach first, causing damage. A combo ender that works from mid-screen.
Staff Upraise- He smacks his opponent's head, creating juggle potential.
Staff Smack- He smacks the opponent's jaw, strong combo ender, but unsafe.
Staff Low Smack- He trips the opponent with this one, combo ender.
Outworld Lager-A jug that he takes a swig from. Every time he takes a drink, be becomes slightly drunk and gains a new move with the inebriation. He can take up to five drinks to gain five normal moves.
Eye Poke- Being the rambunctious scoundrel that he is, he may occaisionally poke peoples eyes out when inebriated. Functions as Sindel's scream.​
(Vendor)
He is widely known to purvey alcohol, why stop there? In this variation, he uses multiple drinks to buff himself and nerf the opponent.​
Energy+- This is an enegy drink that speeds him up for a few moments.
Outworld 'Shine- A nasty alcohol substitue that leaves him feeling like a superhero; he takes reduced damage for a short time.
Mean Protein- A protein shake manlier than Tremor's chest cracks. He gets a hit of armor when consumed.
Projectile Vomit- He shoots out vomit for some damage, replaces Vomit Puddle.
*Free Sample- He throws a tiny glass bottle of alcohol for some damage, replaces Bottle Drop.​
These buffs and debuffs can individually stack onto itself or each other (at a reduced threshold, of course).
Drinking three elixirs in quick succession will cause Bo' to projectile vomit *or to give out a free sample.

(Overweight)
The Cho is ton of fun and he uses it to his advantage in this variation.​
Air Belly Bash- Similar to the ground version, it's just an overhead Belly Bash.
Belly Buster- It's a command grab that forces his weight on the opponent as they get smushed betwwen Bo' and the ground.
Falling Suplex- Another command grab that hoists the opponent upside down before slamming their back onto the ground.
Sumo Stomp- An unblockable that can potentially chain.
(Drunkard)
Let's face it, this borracho needs to get some help from AA, but he is the origin of Drunken Fist Kung Fu.
He just forgot his staff at the brewery (Bo' loses all staff based attacks).
Monkey Flips- This ape somersaults forward twice as a combo ender or can be special cancelled.
Hazy Kounter- A parry that defends against lows and highs.
Rolling Springboard- He rolls forward and as he faces toward the sky, he forces all of his energy into his legs, propelling the opponents jaw to the Stratasphere.
Dropkick- Just your run of the mill dropkick, useable at midrange; that can cancel into either a Toe Stomp, or Crescent Moon Kick. (The first is a low while the second is an overhead.)
The Outworld Lager will reveal a couple more normals, having 8 total new moves when fully inebriated. Again, only five swigs to become fully drunk.​
Bo' Rai Cho is my favorite MK character, I just want him to be in my favorite MK game.

*These moves will replace any puking related moves

Edit: I revised and refined my variation moves with suggestions from the "say yo to 'Cho" community.
I may do one for Baraka soon. :)
Editted Edit: I again revised the movelist to sate those who want a more serious Bo' Rai Cho.

Last edited:

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
The main reason I included the staff was to at least show some continuity with the monks (particularly Jin). After all, he started the whole staff business, even though it's used more like a sword or quarterstaff.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I really wanted Bo Rai Cho in this game and it didn't happen. Sadness ensued. However, when I heard about Predator I was incredibly hyped. After testing him out I'm disappointed. He might have just sucked ass.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Then create some vriations for them that are somewhat unique.
Quoting from KP2 spec/discussion thread:
Guys, I got an inside scoop on one of the characters Nrs is working on.
Li Mei
Universal Moves:
-Karnival Kick: Pops up (EX gives armor)
-Overhead Heel Smash: HKO (EX Pops-up, Air Ok)
-Nova Blast: Projectile (EX gives more damage),
and a new move Revitalize, which she absorbs a projectile and gains a small amount of health back. She has a good amount of tools but does little damage

Variations:

Iron Leg:
-She gains a move that buffs her into Supes' trait in Injustice (Increased damage output, and able to break armor), but only if it's a kicking attack, the buff lasts for a about 6 sec. though.
-She also gets Flying Fury except it is now Hotaru's Grasshopper kick basically (EX allows her to stop it early)

Onslaught:
-Deadly Lotus: a command grab similar to Yun's in SF4, you can't combo out of it at all (EX just gives armor).
-Chi-Block: attacks the opponent with 3 quick strikes which prevents the opponent from using meter for about 4 sec. (EX leaves them standing. Her Brutality from this variation is her Deception Fatality.)

Astral:
This variation revolves around a move called Celestial Aura. Li Mei surrounds herself in a very bright aura and gives her access to new moves (the buff lasts for around 12 sec. Cooldown is about 8).
-Allows you to get the EX Nova Blast without spending meter.
-Astral Projection (air OK): Sends the aura surrounding her to a designated location, and she appears there an instant. She can go Forward, Back, Ground~air Forward and back, Air~ground forward and back, She can continually do this as long as she has her Aura, but she isn't invincible at any point (EX gives faster start up)
-Nova Flash: She unleashes her Aura in a bright flash blinding the opponent, stunning them for a follow-up. (EX hits from half-screen away) The trade-off though is that she loses her Aura. At least until the cooldown is up.

Remember guys, it's all subject to change though :DOGE

Sindelia

Nether Witch
@DelSchokoladenSaft this is a great thread with some well thought ideas. Bo's 1 of the 3 only male favorite characters I got from the mkverse so to see him in this or a future Mk game is like a dream come true. He's got tons of haters and nay sayers, almost as much as Sheeva, another favorite of mine, so it's hard for someone like us to express our love and passion for him without getting trolling or negativity. He looks great in story mode although I'd rather he was bigger and plumper lol since this is how we met and liked him in the 1st place, that being 2002 in DA. Nobody can match his kombat mastery as he's the teacher of all teachers, when he's not drinking from his jug :p

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
This is a tall order indeed. He tecnically is in the game-if only as a cameo. The Cho has a lot of competition from the smokes and sareenas of this world. The noobs and barakas. I see him to have a varied moveset like anyone else.

Bo' Rai Cho's special moves:
Vomit Puddle- Bo' vomits, causing the opponent to lose balance, leading to combo starting or extending.​
Belly Bash- Lunges stomach first, causing damage. A combo ender that works from mid-screen.
Staff Upraise- He smacks his opponent's head, creating juggle potential.
Staff Smack- He smacks the opponent's jaw, strong combo ender, but unsafe.
Staff Swipe- He trips the opponent with this one, combo ender.​
(Vendor)
He is widely known to purvey alchol, why stop there? In this variation, he uses multiple drinks to buff himself and nerf the opponent.​
Energy+- This is an enegy drink that speeds him up for a few moments.
Outworld 'Shine- A nasty alcohol substitue that leaves him feeling like a superhero; he takes reduced damage for a short time.
Mean Protein- A protein shake manlier than Tremor's chest cracks. He gets a hit of armor when consumed.
Funky Cola- A delicious and nutrious soda! Gets a small percentage of health back.
Projectile Vomit- He shoots out vomit for some damage, replaces Vomit Puddle.​
These buffs and debuffs can individually stack onto itself or each other (at a reduced threshold, of course).
Drinking three elixirs will cause Bo' to projectile vomit.

(Overweight)
The Cho is ton of fun and he uses it to his advantage in this variation.​
Air Belly Bash- Similar to the ground version, it's just an overhead Belly Bash.
Belly Buster- It's a command grab that forces his weight on the opponent as they get smushed betwwen Bo' and the ground.
Falling Suplex- Another command grab that hoists the opponent upside down before slamming their back onto the ground.
Sumo Stomp- An unblockable low that can potentially chain.
(Drunkard)
Let's face it, this borracho needs to get some help from AA, but he is the origin of Drunken Fist Kung Fu.
He just forgot his staff at the brewery (Bo' loses all staff based attacks).
Monkey Flips- This ape somersaults forward twice as a combo ender or can be special cancelled.
Bulldog- He runs, jumps and can flatten either the opponents face or the back of the head.
Hazy Kounter- A parry that defends against lows and highs.
Rolling Springboard- He rolls forward and as he faces toward the sky, he forces all of his energy into his legs, propelling the opponents jaw to the Stratasphere.
Dropkick- Just your run of the mill dropkick, useable at midrange; that can cancel into either a Toe Stomp, or Crescent Moon Kick. (The first is a low while the second is an overhead.)
Bo' Rai Cho is my favorite MK character, I just want him to be in my favorite MK game
I think that's a great idea. I thought Bo Rai Cho was an interesting character in MK Deadly Alliance and Deception. He brings a lot more martial arts authenticity to the world of Mortal Kombat, which is essential, because IMO the origin of MK is in martial arts, oriental mysticism, and fantasy. If he was in MKX, I see him as a mixture of older Samo Hung and the master of Jackie Chan's character from "Drunken Master". At least in one of his variations, he ought to have a move where he takes a sip from his pouch and the more drinks he takes, the more powerful he becomes and/or new moves become available to him.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I'm alright with Bo Rai Cho being in it, but he should not vomit, nor belch, nor fart. Leave that shit in the 3d era. He can still be comical without being juvenile.

Reactions: SPY
Status
Not open for further replies.