What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
No Bo Rai Cho! No Shujinko! Nobody wants to even remember those abominations.

Maybe you guys would like Bo Rai Cho's fat wife...

...because some of the characters you guys want, I can't even begin to fathom why.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Always loved Bo Rai Cho's look and potential, they just went way overboard on the comical side of him in the earlier games. I love your ideas! Although I doubt NRS would make a playable Bo for MKX, I would certainly purchase him if they made him similar to what you described. Well done.

GAV

Always loved Bo Rai Cho's look and potential, they just went way overboard on the comical side of him in the earlier games. I love your ideas! Although I doubt NRS would make a playable Bo for MKX, I would certainly purchase him if they made him similar to what you described. Well done.
...and I would purchase the no one gets him option.

PlateOfWater

Aaaaaarrfff
Ever since I played MK: Deadly Alliance and was first introduced to the fat drunken fisted, I quickly gained a likeness for him. Nothing beats an old drunken man who wields a stick and probably weighs more than your grandparents put together. Still a big fan.

But seriously, he can be a great addition to the game. The moves you suggested were awesome, maybe even going further with the puke puddle could create some sort of reset but only maybe put it in the (Vendor) variation only.

I do believe that Bo Rai' Cho has become quite the annoyance in the MK community as not many are liking guy than fan favourites such as smoke/reiko/jade probably due to his comical move set in previous arritarations. Maybe in this game, they can take a more serious approach to his character/move set as this has gone from quite a wacky game to a much more serious game with an actual storyline.

I wanna start off with his small cameo he makes near the end of the story where we actually get to see this handsome man in action and when I mean action, I mean stand up from a sitting down position (I imagine it's hard for a man who drinks a lot). His character model is perfect for this game as he's still got the chubby side to him but it's not as extreme as the previous games he's been in. The character model has already been implemented within the game so the choice is there for NR to put him in as playable. The voice is strange but I'm ok with it as he does like Santa if he spent too much time in the Asia continent. It's all there for them but they just have to be careful with what they do with his move set as if it's too silly then people will just shy him away again.

SPOILER SECTION
SPOILER SECTION
if you haven't completed the story and wanna find out the ending, don't read this cheese (don't know how to do spoiler button on iPhone).

So there's a slim chance Bo could be in this as his fan base isn't as potently strong as other characters but there could be a way to fit him in to the next game. So Cassie does her stuff and then Raiden sacrifices his man beans then becomes evil Raiden (I think) as wanting to defend earth realm now means attacking other realms will do the trick (this Raiden kicks more ass). Now it's kinda up to the remaining warriors to try and help Raiden snap out of it so why not one of the warriors be Bo Rai' Cho. Shinnok was sly in his dialogue as I though Bo was to be dead but I misread his dialogue.
"When he dies, I will claim his soul".
But when I played that whole scene back again, he's not there for the most of it so I imagine he puts himself into a ball and rolls away at turtle pace. But since his death is not stated, I assume he recovers the injuries. So MK11, no one knows the storyline but Raiden is now corrupt and cheese will hit the fan. Lui Kang and King Lao are still revenants and earthrealm needs to help Raiden. Here, Bo Rai Cho could be a great addition to the game. His motivation would probably be purely based on getting his White Locus friends back. Probably Reiko would get involved too so why not get both of them involved. Just a thought really but if he doesn't show up in MKX then he could become relevant in the next game
SPOILER SECTION
SPOILER SECTION

Now reading back, this has gotten too long. So i just want to round it off by saying that I would like to have Bo Rai Cho in the game. He's not a fan favourite but Tremor was in the first pack (strange to me but a good addition to the roster) so if that happened then any fighter could be next IMO. Just keep him like he is with the model and everything but no silly moves. Maybe the puke puddle is too silly, maybe throw alcohol in their eyes or something, seeing a chubby Bo spewing his guts out 24/7 is probably not the best way to go. I suppose it's just a waiting/guessing game when it comes to NRS and the inclusion of DLC characters. Damn that Ed and his mysterious ways.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
...but your opinion is like seeing gasoline and wanting to drink it. You can have it, but when others go along with it its time for me to step in.
you sound like a bitter little girl, if you dont want him fine nobody cares that you dont want a character you dont like thats it the end.

GAV

you sound like a bitter little girl, if you dont want him fine nobody cares that you dont want a character you dont like thats it the end.
Sure thing, princess. Sing for his return then...

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Gav, you have the right to have opinions, dissenting ones at that. I've seen that at times when people liked his idea, you crushed the idea of him. Saying he should rot, not be in this game, and be forgotten. His chance of being in MKX is slim, unlike Bo' Rai Cho. Why push the scintilla of hope for him being in MKX down a drain, man? Well, a previous poll showed that more people want him in than out.

GAV

Gav, you have the right to have opinions, dissenting ones at that. I've seen that at times when people liked his idea, you crushed the idea of him. Saying he should rot, not be in this game, and be forgotten. His chance of being in MKX is slim, unlike Bo' Rai Cho. Why push the scintilla of hope for him being in MKX down a drain, man? Well, a previous poll showed that more people want him in than out.
The one thing I've learned here is that not every opinion matters.

Everyone has an opinion, but only a few know enough to have it matter.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
The one thing I've learned here is that not every opinion matters.

Everyone has an opinion, but only a few know enough to have it matter.
So you're admitting your opinion doesn't matter, great. We all already knew this.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I'm not trying to single you out, Gav; just, I enjoy sharing theoretical hypothesis with like minded individuals. It turns out there more people that like him than dislike him.

Robotic

Gentleman.
He is and has always been a joke character to me, and is - to me - the biggest missed opportunity in the mortal kombat world. Boraicho (most know, but for those who dont, take out the i and it literally means drunk in spanish) and his ridiculous shit moveset could have been something fucking great. A drunken boxing character??! HOLY SHIT, HOW DID THEY FUCK THAT UP??

I don't know if it's him that needs to come back, but NRS needs to consider what they are missing here and make a drunken boxing character. A SERIOUS one.

Status
Not open for further replies.