What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
So what's the deal with Drunken Master? You take a drink and level up to a max of 3. If you don't take a drink within 10 of your last then you throw up and are left wide open.

What's the benefits to taking a drink though? Other then he gets more punches in his special. I don't get why you'd take a drink just for that and potentially be at a disadvantage the whole time.
Yeah they kinda glossed over it a bit. We'll have to see how useful the moves he gains from it are and how they contribute to his kit, I'm assuming each tier of move will have different frame data and such too.

BTW guys the MB flame carpet in dragon's breath is unblockable and launches. r u ready???

Last edited:
So what's the deal with Drunken Master? You take a drink and level up to a max of 3. If you don't take a drink within 10 of your last then you throw up and are left wide open.

What's the benefits to taking a drink though? Other then he gets more punches in his special. I don't get why you'd take a drink just for that and potentially be at a disadvantage the whole time.
I'm pretty sure it was just a horrid demonstration, designers ARE NOT GAMERS.

This variation looks to be (and yes I am guessing a little) to be focused on rush down. I expect mass block pressure. the extra hits will be part of this. There is even a way to restore stamina instantly to keep this pressure up for longer than anyone else in the cast. I expect this to be a major advantage. When some of the pros get into this and we see him running mass block strings into chip dmg... well... I think that could be the point. I mean he even has a vomit move that can beat delayed wakeup right? a restand combo extender... .. . Also didn't DM variation have what is basically a subzero style iceclone?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
They've all got the restand and fart-klone as far as I was aware. They're the universal moves. The pressure game makes sense, block string strategies always end up getting the nerf bat though so I'm a bit aprahensive.

I'm slightly disappointed he didn't get a more drunken style stance, As his neutral animation or even better as a covert ops esq move. Something a bit like Lei Wulong.

He's still the main reason I've booked days off work for the release though so happy days!

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
the fire variation is gonna have some dirty set ups, also hard knockdown = guaranteed x ray ?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Yeah they kinda glossed over it a bit. We'll have to see how useful the moves he gains from it are and how they contribute to his kit, I'm assuming each tier of move will have different frame data and such too.

BTW guys the MB flame carpet in dragon's breath is unblockable and launches. r u ready???
the one that Dots?

REYTHEGREAT

While Bo was giving tons of moves that included mix ups, frame traps, restands, and more. Smoke got shit.

It's not looking good for smoke.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
i like that dragons firecan ignite the farts but i kinda want him to be able to ignite the fart gas after the opponent has been hit by it when its still in a cloud around them, preferably for a popup or dot.

LIGUE

Noob
I am really digging his, drunken fist where he gets the "lie down move" For sure it will low profile a lot of highs (maybe give tremor problems), but if it also low profiles some 'not true mids' he can play some hype/ jokes mind games very similar to how Lei Wulong plays in Tekken. aha Pretty sick tool, and im glad they gave him it aha.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Sorry if this wasn't more clear. The other special moves we showed are also only available when drunk. The stance and it's follow ups, the extra long puke, and the torpedo.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie

Mother of god

GreatKungLao

LiuTana

As I understan, Drunken Fist is like Dualist, where your game consists of pressure through DD1 (which is a command for drinking as well). EX version looks fast enough that it can make some combos intro true block strings or it can be combo extenders like DD1 in Dualist or EX DD1 in Flame Fist. Plus it restores your stamina, which means he will be at advantage after block breaker. At least that's how I see it, Drunken Fist will be Bo' Rai Cho's Dualist.

ScorpXL

Goro?
I hope that's the case and not just EX into unblockable lol. Gonna have to rewatch again to see if they showed it.

Remove Cyrax unblockables, but give some to Leather and Bo. -.-
As soon as I heard about this, I went and rewatched the video and it seems like it the ex version of flame carpet is in fact unblockable. Either that or I'm blind. I hope it's the latter.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
As soon as I heard about this, I went and rewatched the video and it seems like it the ex version of flame carpet is in fact unblockable. Either that or I'm blind. I hope it's the latter.
Wow. If that's the case, and you literally do EX Flame for an unblockable combo starter, all that comes to mind is "wow". I don't even know what else to say about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.