What's new

Retiles Elbow Dash NJ combos.

I have some reptile technology for everyone here. Hopefully no one else posted something like this just yet. I'll post the video when it finished uploading.

EDIT:

Here it is:
It's basically a video on maximizing damage from a zoned Force Ball. I hope you all enjoy.

Oh no, I did it that far to show the max range from each force ball you can get to maximize your damage. So you can do the same thing mid range or close range; just change how you close the gap accordingly.

Dedemaru

Noob
Okay, guys. I finally landed this combo for the first time and a couple times after that. I'm at about 25% of attempts. The only issue I'm facing now is the timing of the punch after the neutral jump. Once I perfect this, I should be golden. So, what have you guys got for me?

Note: I know I could look through this thread and the 10 other NJ whiff combo threads, but you guys wouldn't be so cruel... would you? :\

...:reptile:....

Milk

Snake eyes
Okay, guys. I finally landed this combo for the first time and a couple times after that. I'm at about 25% of attempts. The only issue I'm facing now is the timing of the punch after the neutral jump. Once I perfect this, I should be golden. So, what have you guys got for me?

Note: I know I could look through this thread and the 10 other NJ whiff combo threads, but you guys wouldn't be so cruel... would you? :\

...:reptile:....
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4636-Reptile-Elbow-Dash-Whiff-Combo-Help

Dedemaru

Noob
Thanks for the link...

Hmm... which of the combos is the most useful? Right now, I'm doing the following combo and getting 45%...

3,2,1 > Elbow Dash > nj. 1 > 3,2 > Fast Forceball > Slow Forceball > 3,2,1 > Slide

Is this the maximum damage output? It seems you have a couple of combos listed up there and I'd like to learn the absolute best/most damaging version. Am I using that now?

you can do 3, 2 after nj.1/2 or slow force ball and still end up with the same amount of damage.

@Dede: That combo should be 46%. And and that is the maximum damage output. If you change it to slow first then it will do 45%. You could burn 1 meter and get it to 49%-50%. after nj.1/2, 3, 2, fast force ball, 3, 2, EX Slow force ball, 3, 2, 1, slide.

Milk

Snake eyes
Thanks for the link...

Hmm... which of the combos is the most useful? Right now, I'm doing the following combo and getting 45%...

3,2,1 > Elbow Dash > nj. 1 > 3,2 > Fast Forceball > Slow Forceball > 3,2,1 > Slide

Is this the maximum damage output? It seems you have a couple of combos listed up there and I'd like to learn the absolute best/most damaging version. Am I using that now?
Damage wise, meterless you are doing what you need to be doing. I never end with slide unless I kill due to the fact of I LOVE ex invis, so I end it with another elbow dash whiff, to approach, and at the end of that, I ex invis. In the Reptile Video thread, my match against Catch Up! is on the OP, and I do it there if you need a visual demonstration.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
So i have been ignoring the elbow dash, nj combo for a while now and have been doing pretty good online.

However I got back into wanting to try the combo out, and I got the combo only once during training. A lot of times I'd get the nj fp but then I whiff on the rest of the combo because I think I did it too fast. After a while of practicing I just started to brain fart and completely messed up often, so I am taking a break.

Online I still have problems with the elbow dash part, but offline I at least get that down.

My GT is CitizenSNIPS if anyone has seen me.

Milk

Snake eyes
So i have been ignoring the elbow dash, nj combo for a while now and have been doing pretty good online.

However I got back into wanting to try the combo out, and I got the combo only once during training. A lot of times I'd get the nj fp but then I whiff on the rest of the combo because I think I did it too fast. After a while of practicing I just started to brain fart and completely messed up often, so I am taking a break.

Online I still have problems with the elbow dash part, but offline I at least get that down.

My GT is CitizenSNIPS if anyone has seen me.
Just takes practice. It's not necessary to do it to play a good Reptile, but, for the damage it does, meter less, it's almost a crime not to do it.

CitizenSnips

Yeah I think I did 48% the time I actually did the whole thing. I think I ended up using one meter because I couldn't hit with the slow forceball so I had to EX it.

I actually don't rely completely on combos. I've gotten pretty good (imo) at rushing down the opponent and nailing people wiht the elbow dash when they think they are at a safe distance. I love how this game isn't 100% combos or specials. You really have to understand your character and the combos will come through punishing and smart aggression. But that said, I do get my bnb in pretty much almost every match and it really is a good one (the 30-38% damage one).

Thanks for all the tips here, I think I'll have the nj combos down in a couple of days (damn you finals at college!!!!).

Milk

Snake eyes
Do you have to buffer dash after the NJfp or no?
No. I don't ever dash after a njp, I hit my combo (3 2 1 edw njp slow fb 3 2 fast fb 3 2 edw) a lot more consistantly.

@CS:
You may not rely on combos, nor do any of us, but, you need to have them down to get a proper punish on the opponent. Getting hardly any damage from a punish can really cost you the match. But, knowing how to properly space with Reptile, and taggint them with elbow dashes is incredibly important.

I like your combo a lot better than the one in the guide. Can I ask why you prefer the EDW over a slide? I'm not near a system right now but how much more damage does the slide give over a whiff?

Milk

Snake eyes
I like your combo a lot better than the one in the guide. Can I ask why you prefer the EDW over a slide? I'm not near a system right now but how much more damage does the slide give over a whiff?
Positioning. Gets me right on the opponent, gives me a safe ex invis (Even have time to stuff some wake up attacks, such as Scorpions.), and I only lose 2/3% of damage.

CitizenSnips

Yeah I know, I'm just saying I like how the game isn't completely combo based.

And yeah, the elbow dash is so good for hitting people when they are about to shoot a projectile and for movement as well. I can get a 45% combo around 33% of the time offline and have only hit it once online.

Sometimes when people use a move they kind of spin in there. I typically wait for them to land and then do the 1,2,2,forceball etc. combo. Is it possible to do the 3,2,1 starter while they are spinning in the air? Is there a small window in which they can't block when they land, or should I start punishing them during the spin only?

Milk

Snake eyes
Yeah I know, I'm just saying I like how the game isn't completely combo based.

And yeah, the elbow dash is so good for hitting people when they are about to shoot a projectile and for movement as well. I can get a 45% combo around 33% of the time offline and have only hit it once online.

Sometimes when people use a move they kind of spin in there. I typically wait for them to land and then do the 1,2,2,forceball etc. combo. Is it possible to do the 3,2,1 starter while they are spinning in the air? Is there a small window in which they can't block when they land, or should I start punishing them during the spin only?
It's character dependent on what moves can be punished while they hit the ground, but if you get worried, just tag them with a forceball while they are in the air. Usually though you ca wait till they land and land a full 3 2 1 combo.

Milk

Snake eyes
Wow I never thought about using forceball haha thanks.
Fb is a fantastic anti air, especially EX, that thing comes out of NOWHERE. Plus, use EX Forceball to bait attacks, charge it a second or something, then BOOM. I've used it a bit more recently, still trying to encorperate it a bit more, but still fun.

CitizenSnips

I admit I am pretty cautious about using EX meters unless I know they will hit. I use the forceballs for zoning/combos, but haven't tried using the EX versions for zoning/anti air purposes. I'll try to use them more often. I also never use invisibilty unless I am screwing around. But the extra damage seems like it could be good with more practice. I think it also evades projectiles the moment you activate it? I think I read that somewhere but I don't know if it's the normal version or EX.

Milk

Snake eyes
I admit I am pretty cautious about using EX meters unless I know they will hit. I use the forceballs for zoning/combos, but haven't tried using the EX versions for zoning/anti air purposes. I'll try to use them more often. I also never use invisibilty unless I am screwing around. But the extra damage seems like it could be good with more practice. I think it also evades projectiles the moment you activate it? I think I read that somewhere but I don't know if it's the normal version or EX.
EX Invis also COMPLETELY turns you invisible. Makes them not know how to block. I build a decent amount of meter with Reptile, I usually don't get 2-0'ed, so, I usually can bring it back, ex meter also really can make a good catch up. Use Ex Elbow Dash when you think they are going to block your 3 2 1 or 1221 string, if you don't end 3 2 1 with green hand and end it with ex elbow, it puts you on the other side, regardless. Loves it.