What's new

Resident Evil 6 Reveal Trailer!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I personally liked re2 out of all the series the best, but re4 and 5 were ok. I liked dead space until the mini asteroids game, that part was lame. Actually I put the game down at that point.

I <3 Re3!!! Game is so good. You guys ever play rule of rose?
Code Veronica???
That game never gets any love. : (

I think REMake was the scariest, and that the original RE1 was the best overall RE.

Bah, it had some well known people, and probably thousands of nobodies. I don't care what they think. Its trendy to shit on things that are popular, or when a series goes in a different direction. homecoming may not be like the original, that doesnt mean its a bad game. Same goes for re.
Haters going to hate, just like how you hate on a forum you don't know anything about. Btw 60-70 doesn't mean the game is bad. Whats with the notion that 60-70/100 are bad games? Also not everybody hates a series going in a different direction, but when that direction is obviously a bad direction, then the game is bad (case in point dragon age 2).

This is the last I'm going to speak on the subject of SH in this thread. You guys are obviously adamant fans that don't care about anybody's opinion and are so quick to be defensive. All I said was be wary of the new SH because there are signs of it not being a good game and I used neogaf to show these signs but whatever you guys want to be so defensive for whatever reason.

Reedoms

Noob
Code Veronica???

I think REMake was the scariest, and that the original RE1 was the best overall RE.
RE2 scared the ever living shit out of me. That damn interrogation room in the police department gets me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Haters going to hate, just like how you hate on a forum you don't know anything about. Btw 60-70 doesn't mean the game is bad. Whats with the notion that 60-70/100 are bad games? Also not everybody hates a series going in a different direction, but when that direction is obviously a bad direction, then the game is bad (case in point dragon age 2).

This is the last I'm going to speak on the subject of SH in this thread. You guys are obviously adamant fans that don't care about anybody's opinion and are so quick to be defensive. All I said was be wary of the new SH because there are signs of it not being a good game and I used neogaf to show these signs but whatever you guys want to be so defensive for whatever reason.
You said you made a grammatically error and didnt mean wat u said. Say what u will about anything. You have an opinion but to keep these topics juicy obv theres gonna be haters or people to defend shit.

I personally hate SH: Homecoming but if you like it then thats cool. ill question you at first but ur entitled to ur own opinion.

Going back to topic of RE.

Code Veronica???

I liked code veronica but only problem I had was it took a step back from RE3 but I dnt think its crap. I will say Code veronica is hard as balls and enjoyable in the sense of its difficulty.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Looks amazing. Too bad it seems that they still going for "Survival Action" instead of "Survival Terror", if you know what I mean.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
i think at this point we just need to accept that resident evil isnt scary anymore, still fun as hell, but just not scary.

speaking of which have any of you played the demo for revelations? i was VERY impressed.
See, I really enjoy RE 1-3, but I also really enjoyed RE4 because it was genuinely fun. It was a good re-introduction to the cast, the characters were all memorable, the bosses are fun, the game in general was really enjoyable. RE5 on the other hand, total piece of crap.

I honestly felt like it was a chore to finish RE5 and I played through the entire thing with a friend, still hated it. It just felt so mediocre and rushed. The story wasn't interesting in the least, the characters were all 100% forgettable, the bosses were extremely generic, Wesker's 'mutation' was stupid, the ending was moronic, and the inventory system was stupid. I really can't say one positive thing about RE5, I honestly feel it was one of the worst games I've played in the past 5 years.

Hell, the merchant alone makes RE4 better. RE4 just has a charm to it, while RE5 is just generic and uninspired. If they kill what happened in RE5 in RE6 then I'll likely play it, if not, I'm genuinely done with the series.

Resident Evil: Attracting CoD fans 'the dream,' says Capcom. 'Action route makes sense'
'Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series,' says marketing head

It "makes sense" for Capcom to explore action "more fully" with Resident Evil, the publisher's said.

Capcom UK's head of marketing, Dave Turner, pointed out to MCV ahead of the Resident Evil 6 reveal that action-focused Resident Evil 5 is in fact the series' biggest seller, and even revealed aspirations to attract Call of Duty players.

Asked why the series has taken a more action-focussed stance - specifically with Operation Raccoon City - Turner said:

"We've seen the popularity of Resident Evil increase massively as the series became more action oriented - Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series. So, it makes sense for us to follow this action area more fully."

He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."

For those who don't do gaming news past 10pm, Capcom released the first Resident Evil 6 trailer late last night, and initial feedback from readers has certainly been mixed.

Some CVG forum goers called the reveal "actually amazing," while others hit the comments section to express their disappointment that Resi 6 looks to be "a full on action game now".

For people that want to know why the RE series have gotten more actions with every version

I honestly felt like it was a chore to finish RE5 and I played through the entire thing with a friend, still hated it. It just felt so mediocre and rushed. The story wasn't interesting in the least, the characters were all 100% forgettable, the bosses were extremely generic, Wesker's 'mutation' was stupid, the ending was moronic, and the inventory system was stupid. I really can't say one positive thing about RE5, I honestly feel it was one of the worst games I've played in the past 5 years.
I have to disagree. RE5 was a fun game for what it was, an action tps game. The bosses in RE4 were just as generic, loch ness monster, random boss in cabin, random ass spider-man final boss and LOTR troll boss. RE5 had amazing graphics, fluid controls, and good gameplay. I don't see how you can say RE5 was a "bad" game, maybe more like you just didn't like the game.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
See, I really enjoy RE 1-3, but I also really enjoyed RE4 because it was genuinely fun. It was a good re-introduction to the cast, the characters were all memorable, the bosses are fun, the game in general was really enjoyable. RE5 on the other hand, total piece of crap.

daaaaamn, ive never hated re5 because of the sheer fun i get out of it, i played through the whole thing co op with ketchup on day 1 on veteran, and i thoroughly enjoyed the whole playthrough, i cant vouch for how bad sheva is as i never played it alone.

i only began to get annoyed once the enemies started getting guns, that was dumb.

whenever i play it now i just go to mercenaries to play as barry, god damn barry is cool.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I didn't like RE4. I liked 5 more than 4...I think that says something.
Honestly it was the survival horror DLC Lost In Nightmares that did it I guess.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
daaaaamn, ive never hated re5 because of the sheer fun i get out of it, i played through the whole thing co op with ketchup on day 1 on veteran, and i thoroughly enjoyed the whole playthrough, i cant vouch for how bad sheva is as i never played it alone.

i only began to get annoyed once the enemies started getting guns, that was dumb.

whenever i play it now i just go to mercenaries to play as barry, god damn barry is cool.
I mean, I THINK if I played RE5 first I'd feel differently but I picked up the game thinking "Oh hey, this will be RE4 with a friend - awesome!" It's probably my fault for picking up the game with that mindset, I realize I should've just looked at the game as it's own entity, which it is.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I mean, I THINK if I played RE5 first I'd feel differently but I picked up the game thinking "Oh hey, this will be RE4 with a friend - awesome!" It's probably my fault for picking up the game with that mindset, I realize I should've just looked at the game as it's own entity, which it is.
yeah resi 4 still kept a degree of atmospheric impact that previous resids had, when its apparent 5 just chucked that out the window, watched the 2 hour bonus dvd it came with, they said themselves they wanted it to be like an action movie.

Espio

Kokomo
Game looks great and the past games have been quality games, just not as scary it's not like the games were poorly crafted, glitchy and just plain horrendous.

RE6 is a combination of the creepy survival horror elements with action to keep people on their toes, it's the best of both worlds, based on the trailer. I'm going to support the series, this will be a day one buy for me, as long as the actual game reflects the epicness of this trailer( I believe it will).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
RE6 is a combination of the creepy survival horror elements with action to keep people on their toes, it's the best of both worlds, based on the trailer. I'm going to support the series, this will be a day one buy for me, as long as the actual game reflects the epicness of this trailer( I believe it will).
What trailer were you watching? RE6 has no survival horror elements. Just because a game has zombies does not make it a survival horror game. The series has completely lost its way, and I no longer need to make the argument that RE wants to be CoD with zombies because Capcom itself says so.

I may still buy the game but definitely not on release day. I was hoping we would finally get a survival horror game. Instead, we get another generic first person shooter.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
What trailer were you watching? RE6 has no survival horror elements. Just because a game has zombies does not make it a survival horror game. The series has completely lost its way, and I no longer need to make the argument that RE wants to be CoD with zombies because Capcom itself says so.

I may still buy the game but definitely not on release day. I was hoping we would finally get a survival horror game. Instead, we get another generic first person shooter.
This.

Capcom needs to bring back survival horror. Resident Evil was the defining experience of survival horror, and they could still be the best at it if they wanted to.
They have the characters I care about, and I know they still have the technical ability to make a scary game, with fixed camera angles, low ammo, more puzzles and item collecting, tense moody atmosphere, magic boxes, etc.
Instead of that we get a fast paced horror themed action game.

I already have After Burner for my 32X. Why do I need the Zombie version?

aj1701

Noob
You guys are obviously adamant fans that don't care about anybody's opinion and are so quick to be defensive. All I said was be wary of the new SH because there are signs of it not being a good game and I used neogaf to show these signs but whatever you guys want to be so defensive for whatever reason.

The part in bold is the important part. No where did I say the game was going to be great. Just saying I'll make my own opinion when I get it. And frankly it its trendy to smash popular things nowadays. I think your the one getting defensive here.

aj1701

Noob
Code Veronica???

Actually never played it. I got the gc version to play in the wii, but the disc didnt work.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I dont blame them for wanting sales, but when devs say stuff like that, I hear 'We want our game to be more like CoD'. RE was a pretty unique franchise, I just feel like the market is slowly gearing towards pleasing one type of playerbase. It's very rare to see unique and creative games lately, and the ones that are tend to be made by indie devs.

I am looking forward to RE6 to an extent btw, but I'm just not feeling overwhelmed as I hoped I would.

they can definitely still implement survival horror elements into this game, china has a lot of small alleys.. imagine being trapped in an alley surrounded by zombies.

what I don't like is when you get the possibility to kick the zombies or something like in re5, when I did it first I kicked 4 zombies into the ground....

they need to implement the lack of ammo into this game, they have to make it so you HAVE too walk around with just 1/3 of your healthbar with just 15 handgun bullets. a limited ammo system like in the older games would be perfect. I remember picking up a lot of ammo in a certain point in those games, that is when youre gonna face a boss battle and after the the battle your ammo should be all gone lol. I remember finshing of the yawm with my knife in re 1 lol

aj1701

Noob
I dont blame them for wanting sales, but when devs say stuff like that, I hear 'We want our game to be more like CoD'. RE was a pretty unique franchise, I just feel like the market is slowly gearing towards pleasing one type of playerbase. It's very rare to see unique and creative games lately, and the ones that are tend to be made by indie devs.

I am looking forward to RE6 to an extent btw, but I'm just not feeling overwhelmed as I hoped I would.
Well, that's the reason why my Wii is collecting dust. Casual games abound, but not much else, so I hear you.

Near the end of the trailer it looked like you were alone. Well, alone with a bunch of zombies. So maybe it will be a mix of action and survivle horror. That would be pretty epic if you ask me. But ya I don't really have anything to base that on, lol.

Espio

Kokomo
Leon being surrounded by countless zombies, alone, armed with only his gun and being tackled to the floor and almost bitten by one gives no feeling of survival horror? Okay. Chris' part appears to be truly action based whereas Leon's seems to be the more classic style. It's not 100% identical to the old games...and? People never mention the bad voice acting, clunky controls, and other issues of the old games, but because these newer games are allgedly less scary, everyone's up in arms. I'd rather it be less scary than have bad voice acting and clunky controls.

When you release a trailer, you release the most hype moments and story elements(without spoiling too much) to really catch your audience, these trailers are supposed to get people going.."damn..this game is hype as hell and jumping off".

Reedoms

Noob
Leon being surrounded by countless zombies, alone, armed with only his gun and being tackled to the floor and almost bitten by one gives no feeling of survival horror?
I thought that at first, then I saw Leon running then sliding on the ground to shoot zombies even though he was surrounded. That is an extreme no-no. Emphasis on eXtreme.

The part in bold is the important part. No where did I say the game was going to be great. Just saying I'll make my own opinion when I get it. And frankly it its trendy to smash popular things nowadays. I think your the one getting defensive here.
How am I getting defensive by saying be careful of an upcoming game? lol?

aj1701

Noob
How am I getting defensive by saying be careful of an upcoming game? lol?
I think dismissing what I was saying by calling me a hater because you don't like my opinion of that other forum and calling me a fanboy sounded pretty defensive.

EDIT: Anyway, lets both let this drop so as not to derail the thread further. If I was wrong about you, my appologies.