What's new

[REQUEST] Red Hood for DLC

should Red Hood be DLC

• Total voters
Correct. But how did he go about saying it? By stating: "No more guest characters."

Kind of like saying, "No bats" in reference to Batman characters...
There were other tweets where people asked if sub zero would be in the game and ed boon replied with sorry. Only 1 guest. So on that occasion he actually dismissed sub zero entirely.

But with red hood, ever since the "no bats" people have asked about red hood but boon never reiterated his "no bats" comment nor has he deconfirmed him when people ask. He just dances around the question like he does with every character request. But he didnt do that for sub zero.

If he really meant no bats (and u don't know if he was trolling as in Bat-man, Bat-woman) he would have down right said no after all the other red hood tweets. He also never said "batman universe"

There were other tweets where people asked if sub zero would be in the game and ed boon replied with sorry. Only 1 guest. So on that occasion he actually dismissed sub zero entirely.

But with red hood, ever since the "no bats" people have asked about red hood but boon never reiterated his "no bats" comment nor has he deconfirmed him when people ask. He just dances around the question like he does with every character request. But he didnt do that for sub zero.

If he really meant no bats (and u don't know if he was trolling as in Bat-man, Bat-woman) he would have down right said no after all the other red hood tweets. He also never said "batman universe"
Or, just like many other characters he gets asked about daily, he is just ignoring the questions. That seems about a million times more likely...

He gave a clear, "no bats" tweet. I'm not saying it's 100%, but it just seems odd that he made that claim at all if there wasn't anything to it. This wasn't an obvious troll. When Boon trolls, he trolls in a way that people can realize. He seemed to just be being candid.

Kombatant
Or, just like many other characters he gets asked about daily, he is just ignoring the questions. That seems about a million times more likely...

He gave a clear, "no bats" tweet. I'm not saying it's 100%, but it just seems odd that he made that claim at all if there wasn't anything to it. This wasn't an obvious troll. When Boon trolls, he trolls in a way that people can realize. He seemed to just be being candid.
Oh look its this discussion again... dude the no Bats thing goes for Zatanna as well... if he means no bats are no batman related character Zatanna is as much a Batman related character as is Red Hood, fortunally for you and me they both have their own show to run now, making them only affiliates of batman and not Batman Character like Poison Ivy for instance or Robin... so this point is invalid

Edit: further more Red Hoods origin ( not Robin/Jason Todd origin) had its own events that where not related with Batman, Jasons training with Tahlia and all those mercenaries, his leaving Gotham to prepare for his vengeance... the Event Batman Under the Red Hood was not his origin as the Red Hood character, it was only the event that followed ( this being what i feel the new Canon for his origin)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I said this on the MMh fórum and im gonna say hre so ppl dont miss understand me when i say MMh aint that good... Mmh is a very good character no argument there, but he doesnt eexcel at anything in particular and here is why:
his Zonning i poor, mainly cause of the added buffer window they have for you to pick what distance you whant your projectile to go... what does this mean, it means that it has longer activation frames, so lets say a NW or a Batman is Dashin his way to your face, if you dont spend meter you will not be able to keep him out with none of his projectiles.
Hisw backdash is very bad in my opinion, makes for speed escapes very hard since after the backdash he is stationary for a "long" period of time.
His air Mobility or lets say air dash is not as great as other flyers in the game, and after playing him since he came out spending meter for na added dash is pointless most of the times...
His rush down is lacking a lot of things... Many of his strings have holes in them making it eazy for such characters like Aquaman to somply D2 inbetween them..
His main tool to getting in, his teleport... is just bad and predictable the low one is heavely unsafe on block and whiff meaning its a combo extender, and the overhead on most of the times if it lands wrong he goes into this wierd pose that adds recovery frames to it meaning you will not be able to combo after you land the hit, other time if someone is dashing the hit box has bad tracking properties and it will whiff leaving you with 1000000000000 recovery frames " exageration intended"
i could say more problems with him but ill stop here to say even with all this he is still a very good character, but no where near being top 5 maybe low top 10
His zoning is probably not that good but he keeps people in check with MB Pillar.. The orbs also kontrol space. Zoner will zone him out but he does have an air dash and long range trait normals to kombat zoning.

I think his back dash is very good. Not Black Adam but good. I'm koming from Green Arrow who's back dash I think is pretty decent and distinctive..

His air dash is good and just as good as Supermans.. MB Air Dash is situational or match up specific like against Deathstroke to go over MB guns.

His rushdown is my favorite because he has soo much range that other people kan't touch him if you play it right. He bullies from mid range which is where the rushdown game is played in this game.

You shouldn't just throw in random teleports any way. You use it to kounter ranged jumps, interactables, or projectiles.

I kould see him being up there if they don't nerf him. He has so many ways to open people up. I truly enjoy his rushdown game...

If what you're trying to say is that he's not as easy and strong as Superman then I agree. Otherwise.. Not really.

KCJ506

Kombatant
Oh look its this discussion again... dude the no Bats thing goes for Zatanna as well... if he means no bats are no batman related character Zatanna is as much a Batman related character as is Red Hood, fortunally for you and me they both have their own show to run now, making them only affiliates of batman and not Batman Character like Poison Ivy for instance or Robin... so this point is invalid
Zatanna has worked with Batman, but that doesn't make her anymore of a Batman character than any other JL member.

Kombatant
Zatanna has worked with Batman, but that doesn't make her anymore of a Batman character than any other JL member.

Actually your wrong... Zatanna knows batman in a Batman universe Context sicne she was a child, she had plenty of appearances in Batman related comics before she was anything else, so yes she is a batman related character... like i said this point is invalid cause by your own theory neither is Red Hood... Remember Red hood Jason Todd and Robin Jason Todd are 2 diferent characters propraited by the same person this alone does not mean they automaticly belong in the same bag... Jason Todd Robin had it own origins in Batman, Jason Todd Red Hood had not this making Red Hood not a Batman Related character, witch can abviously be proven since he now has his own comic and has little to do with Batman at all

Kombatant
His zoning is probably not that good but he keeps people in check with MB Pillar.. The orbs also kontrol space. Zoner will zone him out but he does have an air dash and long range trait normals to kombat zoning.

I think his back dash is very good. Not Black Adam but good. I'm koming from Green Arrow who's back dash I think is pretty decent and distinctive..

His air dash is good and just as good as Supermans.. MB Air Dash is situational or match up specific like against Deathstroke to go over MB guns.

His rushdown is my favorite because he has soo much range that other people kan't touch him if you play it right. He bullies from mid range which is where the rushdown game is played in this game.

You shouldn't just throw in random teleports any way. You use it to kounter ranged jumps, interactables, or projectiles.

I kould see him being up there if they don't nerf him. He has so many ways to open people up. I truly enjoy his rushdown game...

If what you're trying to say is that he's not as easy and strong as Superman then I agree. Otherwise.. Not really.

Why are you replying to this here may i ask? but to answer your points and keep in mind i like the character and im actually 2ndng him

A good character needs to keep ppl in check without spending meter thats what makes it a usefull Special move, orb is a fantastic tool but has little use outside setups,

His Backdash has a pretty big recovery, but maybe im just keeping bad habits since i have NW and his Dashes are amazing

MB air dash i nice yes but i stil feel a good zonner will wait for you to jump before doing anything

his Rush down is indeed good just not amazing since without trait his options are limited and predictable

ofc you dont throw random teleports away even tho you can cause its safe on block, but over head teleport that should beat most arial moves ( yes i know you should use the low one if someone is jumping but still ) does not, it gets beaten by jumping normals... it even whiffs on supermans jumping eye lazer, i mean it complitly whiffs and u get hit by the lazer....

Yes he is a tricky character not easy to play, no where as easy as superman, still he is an amazing character, just not as amazing as i think everyone makes him out to be, sorry.

Kombatant
Whatever you say. I know when a character isn't needed. Red Hood is one of those.

Well thats your opinion... i respect you have one, but i dont need to agree with it or even support it when your facts are not relevant for said opinion, still its an opinion and like so everyone is entitled to its own

Kaiology

Lord of Chaos
I just don't want them to FINALLY put in Red Hood and have him be boring, and then hear ALL the Red Hood fans whine and shriek for months.

Kombatant
I just don't want them to FINALLY put in Red Hood and have him be boring, and then hear ALL the Red Hood fans whine and shriek for months.

You do understand that if a character is not top tier everyone will whine and shriek and complain about it right? you knwo everyone wants their character to be the best in the game so you can beat ppl easymode right? thats not the point here, its about fan service and A LOT of ppl want him in... NRS makes decent characters and Red Hood has more than enouth tools to be 1. made diferent than DS, 2. be a unique and not boring character, 3. please all the fans that want him and even make the character more fans from ppl that dont know who he is....

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Why are you replying to this here may i ask? but to answer your points and keep in mind i like the character and im actually 2ndng him

A good character needs to keep ppl in check without spending meter thats what makes it a usefull Special move, orb is a fantastic tool but has little use outside setups,

His Backdash has a pretty big recovery, but maybe im just keeping bad habits since i have NW and his Dashes are amazing

MB air dash i nice yes but i stil feel a good zonner will wait for you to jump before doing anything

his Rush down is indeed good just not amazing since without trait his options are limited and predictable

ofc you dont throw random teleports away even tho you can cause its safe on block, but over head teleport that should beat most arial moves ( yes i know you should use the low one if someone is jumping but still ) does not, it gets beaten by jumping normals... it even whiffs on supermans jumping eye lazer, i mean it complitly whiffs and u get hit by the lazer....

Yes he is a tricky character not easy to play, no where as easy as superman, still he is an amazing character, just not as amazing as i think everyone makes him out to be, sorry.

You posted it here. Which is why I'm replying to it here... That's usually how things work.. lol.

They don't need to keep people in check without using meter.. Especially with how easy it is to build meter in this game.

Nightwing's Escrima Backdash is ridiculous. So yeah. That must be it.

If they're waiting for you to jump then you kan dash in. It's options and reads. Having an airdash is an option most of the kast doesn't have..

His options aren't as strong without trait but he kan wait and play defense and his defensive game is pretty good. His trait builds back up pretty fast...

You have to konsider the jump height of Superman's laser and time your teleport accordingly..

I'm going to keep using him as my main, but there are some players that are overrating him and will drop him once they figure out he's not kompletely braindead.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You do understand that if a character is not top tier everyone will whine and shriek and complain about it right? you knwo everyone wants their character to be the best in the game so you can beat ppl easymode right? thats not the point here, its about fan service and A LOT of ppl want him in... NRS makes decent characters and Red Hood has more than enouth tools to be 1. made diferent than DS, 2. be a unique and not boring character, 3. please all the fans that want him and even make the character more fans from ppl that dont know who he is....

Not everyone wants a top tier character. I wanted Arrow to be mid tier. I just wanted things like not losing to Supes badly and being able to AA Batman when I read that he's going to jump but they didn't want that. Also, being able to kombo Aquaman when I hit him. You know, like in other fighting games...

Instead they nerfed him twice....

Kombatant
You posted it here. Which is why I'm replying to it here... That's usually how things work.. lol.

They don't need to keep people in check without using meter.. Especially with how easy it is to build meter in this game.

Nightwing's Escrima Backdash is ridiculous. So yeah. That must be it.

If they're waiting for you to jump then you kan dash in. It's options and reads. Having an airdash is an option most of the kast doesn't have..

His options aren't as strong without trait but he kan wait and play defense and his defensive game is pretty good. His trait builds back up pretty fast...

You have to konsider the jump height of Superman's laser and time your teleport accordingly..

I'm going to keep using him as my main, but there are some players that are overrating him and will drop him once they figure out he's not kompletely braindead.
Aghrrrrrr sorry bro i made a similar post somwhere else in the MMh forums and for a sec i tought this was that post... sorry about that LOL

But yeah he is not brain dead at all, but i like him... even got a couple of "spammer" mails LOL

Not everyone wants a top tier character. I wanted Arrow to be mid tier. I just wanted things like not losing to Supes badly and being able to AA Batman when I read that he's going to jump but they didn't want that. Also, being able to kombo Aquaman when I hit him. You know, like in other fighting games...

Instead they nerfed him twice....
i like balanced character... without the stupidity of such things as F23... balance could mean high tier if well designed, but i guess thats asking to much for the poster child for Dc...

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Actually your wrong... Zatanna knows batman in a Batman universe Context sicne she was a child, she had plenty of appearances in Batman related comics before she was anything else, so yes she is a batman related character... like i said this point is invalid cause by your own theory neither is Red Hood... Remember Red hood Jason Todd and Robin Jason Todd are 2 diferent characters propraited by the same person this alone does not mean they automaticly belong in the same bag... Jason Todd Robin had it own origins in Batman, Jason Todd Red Hood had not this making Red Hood not a Batman Related character, witch can abviously be proven since he now has his own comic and has little to do with Batman at all
Get emmmmm =-)

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Dude you know what just came to me, if this continues soon ill need a program just like Peter from Family guy " You know What really Grinds my Gears" LOL
LoL.Everything u've been saying is the same shyt I woulda been saying if I wasn't at work earlier so that's why the likes and smile as I read thru and caught up on the thread.Haha

slothsftw

Dojo Trainee
Well thats your opinion... i respect you have one, but i dont need to agree with it or even support it when your facts are not relevant for said opinion, still its an opinion and like so everyone is entitled to its own
Can't wait till Zatanna is announced and not redhood.

Kombatant
LoL.Everything u've been saying is the same shyt I woulda been saying if I wasn't at work earlier so that's why the likes and smile as I read thru and caught up on the thread.Haha

The not so funny part is that this is exausting and fatigating... if you read back, stuff most ppl dont even take the time to do, they just jump in with their "facts" they d know that i explained the "no more bats" situation MORE than 2 or 3 times by now... i feel like every time someone comes in here with the " Boon said no more Bats" i have to explain it all AGAIN...