What's new

Reptile videos?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Aris did not respect your dash...because you didn't use it once in spots you'd want to. It comes out very fast. He should not be d1'ing you to all hell. And in the corner, if you land 321, hitconfirm to acid hand instead. And after X-Ray, do slow forceball, then dash. If they decide to stay grounded, d3 picks them up.

Also, general Raiden stuff...if you predict teleport, jump back and do JP. In Reptile's case, he has to respect dash or do a risky superman. And general stuff...learn to deal with crossups. General air control is great to use.

Another thing...people still don't know how to properly use breakers lol. People just use it as a "make my unsafe move safe" sorta thing...like FADC. It's nothing like that. >_<
What beats air crossups? I find his uppercut too slow for that.

Also I think he could punish me for ball after xray if he just wakeup teleports.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As far as I know, you can't recover after X-Rays. So forceball is free.

With crossups, Reptile can just dash away to safety. But for generic purposes, early jump back JP works for everyone.

Milk

Snake eyes
Got a bunch of footage today. For the record, ending your bnb with ex invis/dash whiff ex invis is god like. Helped me so many times today it's unreal.

Some Reptile/Kabal tag stuff

They are all pretty much the same i was just tryin kabal out to see if he is any good with reptile. I only recorded 50%+ combos hence why kabal isn't starting any as its hard to get higher than the 40% area (the damage scaling is weird).

Oh yeah the x-ray is there for the sake of it, you get 59% in that combo if you end with kabals overhead special.

Milk

Snake eyes
Sorry bout that. Youtube set it to private only. Try again. The dash whiff to ex invis is at about 1:10.

Shiro420

Tournament Organizer
hey guys, did you want me to continue adding these videos to my first post?

Because it'd be nice for people to see this thread, look at the first page and see things organized haha

I was also thinking that we should get some match up specific videos, so people who was say trying to learn how to fight subzero with rep would have some sort of frame of reference ..

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

Because it'd be nice for people to see this thread, look at the first page and see things organized haha

I was also thinking that we should get some match up specific videos, so people who was say trying to learn how to fight subzero with rep would have some sort of frame of reference ..
I think that would be cool, but I think it would be better if it was just the links and they weren't embedded. That would make the post reaaaally big.

(OVG)Dom

Noob
Hi, I'm pretty new here, but I really appreciate all the help and videos from you amazing Reptile players. Here's a vid montage I made out of footage from experimenting with him for the past few days :) Hope you enjoy +watch in HD!

Hi, I'm pretty new here, but I really appreciate all the help and videos from you amazing Reptile players. Here's a vid montage I made out of footage from experimenting with him for the past few days :) Hope you enjoy!

Best Reptile Vid I've seen, that was so hype! Lol!

Hi, I'm pretty new here, but I really appreciate all the help and videos from you amazing Reptile players. Here's a vid montage I made out of footage from experimenting with him for the past few days :) Hope you enjoy +watch in HD!

Thats the best Reptile vid i've also seen.

Milk

Snake eyes

That's a good idea. And in the match up thread we could post specific match up videos when we're discussing it, for a visual reference.

@OVG
That's a fantastic video man, gave me some ideas. Thanks for this! What program did you use to edit this?

I would also love to get some match up info before psn goes live, i just hope NRS patch drops before then because i think ill probably shoot myself if it's as unplayable as release day after all this waiting.

Anyway great idea Shiro.

yes we have a matchup thread more is just better lol.

For those that didn't see my video in the NJ thread

Here it is:
It's basically a video on maximizing damage from a zoned Force Ball. I hope you all enjoy.

(OVG)Dom

Noob
Hey guys, this new patch was pretty rough to Reptile T_T. I've made a vid showing some major damage reduction on his higher level combos.