What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Post Patch 6/23/15

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Not really, with all the all the armor in this game knock down isn't that much stronger than other games.
That's not true because running makes tech roll irrelevant and if you add that pretty much every character has some type of safe 50/50 option and that all armor is unsafe, plus most characters have safe armor breaking strings. It all adds up to op knockdown

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's not true because running makes tech roll irrelevant and if you add that pretty much every character has some type of safe 50/50 option and that all armor is unsafe, plus most characters have safe armor breaking strings. It all adds up to op knockdown
And I forgot to mention the obscene corner carry and corner knockdown game

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There are games where wakeup attacks flat out get bopped by a lot of setups. Those are games with good knockdown offense. MKX's knockdown offense is good, but it really isn't that sweeping. Unless the opponent doesn't have meter, of course. Which the meter system sort of helps with.

haketh

Noob
Do I really need to list all the games with knockdowns that make MKX look tame *Which it is*? The knockdown is good in this game but it's nothing super out there at all or really noteworthy.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That just shows your ignorance because that's exactly what 21122 is! Smh.. You do realize that in fighting games not all 50/50s are just overhead low right ?
Uh its not a 50/50. If you want to get technical its like a 20/20/20/20/20 since he can cancel it in 5 different spots. Thats not even considering EX Salt ball.

Also if you consider having to guess when to poke out of pressure a 50/50 then every FG ever made is littered with "50/50s" lol.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Uh its not a 50/50. If you want to get technical its like a 20/20/20/20/20 since he can cancel it in 5 different spots. Thats not even considering EX Salt ball.

Also if you consider having to guess when to poke out of pressure a 50/50 then every FG ever made is littered with "50/50s" lol.
You just proved my point.. Nice try

Zoidberg747

You just proved my point.. Nice try
I proved that you dont know what a 50/50 is:

"A kind of mixup, that gives a player effectively 2 offensive options, which can't be defended against both at the same time, thus giving the player a 50% chance of successful hit in case of proper execution."

Pressure strings into tick throws are not 50/50s. Like, they are not even close to one. Yes you have to make a guess when to poke out/armor during blockstrings and pressure, but that isnt a 50/50. A 50/50 is when you have to defend against TWO options, most pressure in this game is much more difficult than that.

I proved that the game is rushdown heavy and based on much more than run in 50/50, so if anything I disproved your point. Keep being a scrub though, it is pretty funny.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I proved that you dont know what a 50/50 is:

"A kind of mixup, that gives a player effectively 2 offensive options, which can't be defended against both at the same time, thus giving the player a 50% chance of successful hit in case of proper execution."

Pressure strings into tick throws are not 50/50s. Like, they are not even close to one. Yes you have to make a guess when to poke out/armor during blockstrings and pressure, but that isnt a 50/50. A 50/50 is when you have to defend against TWO options, most pressure in this game is much more difficult than that.

I proved that the game is rushdown heavy and based on much more than run in 50/50, so if anything I disproved your point. Keep being a scrub though, it is pretty funny.
Jesus you're so stubborn even when you know you are wrong. My point is proven even further but you're too dumb to notice. And scrub? Let me ask you a question who do you think is better me or you..?

Zoidberg747

Jesus you're so stubborn even when you know you are wrong. My point is proven even further but you're too dumb to notice. And scrub? Let me ask you a question who do you think is better me or you..?
I actually go to tournaments, so me by default.

Welcome to my ignore list :)

THTB

Do you really actually believe going to tournaments makes you automatically better? Smh scrub
No, but it's proof of where you stand. Which...honestly, no one can say for sure in your case, seeing as there's like no evidence of you actually traveling.

To be 100% honest, you getting mad over Reptile not getting buffs you feel he needs in the first place makes no sense, since, as someone who doesn't compete for anything, the balance changes legitimately don't affect you in any sort of way.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
No, but it's proof of where you stand. Which...honestly, no one can say for sure in your case, seeing as there's like no evidence of you actually traveling.

To be 100% honest, you getting mad over Reptile not getting buffs you feel he needs in the first place makes no sense, since, as someone who doesn't compete for anything, the balance changes legitimately don't affect you in any sort of way.
Maybe because I am competetivive and like to win even if I am not traveling. Also he is my favorite character by far so it sucks seeing him get shafted like this.

THTB

Maybe because I am competetivive and like to win even if I am not traveling. Also he is my favorite character by far so it sucks seeing him get shafted like this.
He has it better than most characters considered low tier tbh. Like, I played Akatsuki in UNIEL. That is a struggle not worth fighting. I can deal with Reptile being the way he is, because it's not that unbearable in comparison.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He has it better than most characters considered low tier tbh. Like, I played Akatsuki in UNIEL. That is a struggle not worth fighting. I can deal with Reptile being the way he is, because it's not that unbearable in comparison.
I agree but he is still arguably the worst. It's just bull crap that every other low tier character in the game for buffs galore yet we are stuck with these troll buffs

Levaranoia

War God
I agree but he is still arguably the worst. It's just bull crap that every other low tier character in the game for buffs galore yet we are stuck with these troll buffs
You should probably just drop him man, that's what I did. He's my favourite character but he feels awkward to me and doesn't fit my style. I'm glad I found kotal in this game cause he much more suits my style in this game.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You should probably just drop him man, that's what I did. He's my favourite character but he feels awkward to me and doesn't fit my style. I'm glad I found kotal in this game cause he much more suits my style in this game.
Oh I dropped him As my main a long time ago but still play him. Just pains me to see my favorite character get shafted so badly by nrs