What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Post Patch 6/23/15

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
another option is to ex gas instead, its 42% 1bar if you do 34 ex gas, f412 dash, njp, 21, f412 slide and I'm pretty sure you can even probably get another 1-2% from doing f41 instead of 21.
If you're going to spend a bar then might as well do the combo I demonstrated. 34 xx Poison Gas, RC, F412 xx Elbow Dash, NJP, 21, F21 1+3 EN, Run, F412 xx Slide. It does 43%.

However, if you put both your suggestions together: doing EX Poison Gas means you don't need the F21 1+3 EN. So: 34 xx EX Poison Gas, RC, F412 xx Elbow Dash, NJP, F41, RC, F412 xx Slide does 44%

zoofs

bless
If you're going to spend a bar then might as well do the combo I demonstrated. 34 xx Poison Gas, RC, F412 xx Elbow Dash, NJP, 21, F21 1+3 EN, Run, F412 xx Slide. It does 43%.

However, if you put both your suggestions together: doing EX Poison Gas means you don't need the F21 1+3 EN. So: 34 xx EX Poison Gas, RC, F412 xx Elbow Dash, NJP, F41, RC, F412 xx Slide does 44%
You don't need to run cancel btw, I did it at least 30 times without, it could possibly be an issue with how far you hit them with 34 though. That is also definitely max damage.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You don't need to run cancel btw, I did it at least 30 times without, it could possibly be an issue with how far you hit them with 34 though. That is also definitely max damage.
Run Canceling makes it easier, I'll take it. Also that's not max damage. Max damage is the swag ass XRay ender for 49% :cool:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also nop. Tried with Invis and Basilisk. Noxious only bb
So what's the combo?

34 noxious run cancel F412 elbow dash NJP 21 F412 slide?

Edit:

Also, can you do that combo and instead of ending with slide... end with ex spit and still be able to block in time if they wakeup?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
lol, I would never make my combos more strict for 1%.

Also, see my edit if you would please. :)
Nope. EX Spit is useless in Noxious because you can Poison Gas instead and not have to be punished. Also Reptile's throw makes EX Spit useless unlike Erron's. Fucking Erron Black with his meterless caltrops...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Nope. EX Spit is useless in Noxious because you can Poison Gas instead and not have to be punished. Also Reptile's throw makes EX Spit useless unlike Erron's. Fucking Erron Black with his meterless caltrops...
I ask b/c I've been doing stuff like...

with poison gas already activated... combo and end with F412 into ex spit so that I have two DoTs out and they have to move to get off the spit. Lot of times they jump and a slow ball catches them.

Just trying to get out two DoTs at a time here. B/c if you activate poison gas already (ie in that 34 poison gas combo) the only reason not to use spit at the end would be if they can wakeup punish you. I wanna say you can block in time, but I'm not sure. If you can't, you can't... just wanted to make sure lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Some more 34 corner stuff.

Combos in order:
  1. 1 bar 34 BnB
  2. Meterless 34 BnB
  3. [OVERHEAD]: 34 BnB into Throw restand into B2 (32% + 31% = 63%)
  4. [LOW]: 34 BnB into Throw restand into B34 (32% + 16% = 48%) EDIT: Do F3B4 instead and it will do 18% making the total damage 50%
  5. [LOW GIMMICK] : 34 BnB into Throw restand into B1D4 (32% + 31% = 63%)
  6. [OVERHEAD GIMMICK]: 34 BnB into Throw restand into F412 (32% + 33% = 65%)
Comments:
Most of the throw restand set-ups aside from B1D4 are not new. However, before the 34 buff, a throw restand set-up only did 24% so IMO it was definitely not worth the bar. But now since it does 32% I think it is if you go for the guaranteed safe options.

EDIT: I listed B34 safe and B1D4 unsafe despite being both -7. So technically they're both unsafe. So instead replace B34 with F3B4 to net 2% more since it's unsafe anyway.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

with poison gas already activated... combo and end with F412 into ex spit so that I have two DoTs out and they have to move to get off the spit. Lot of times they jump and a slow ball catches them.

Just trying to get out two DoTs at a time here. B/c if you activate poison gas already (ie in that 34 poison gas combo) the only reason not to use spit at the end would be if they can wakeup punish you. I wanna say you can block in time, but I'm not sure. If you can't, you can't... just wanted to make sure lol.
Sadly, you can't. Like I said, I experimented with it before too and even if you can gimmick them because they're scared, it's simply unsafe and it goes away when you're hit, again, unlike Erron Black's.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You know what depresses me despite the 34 and B1D4 buffs? Standing 3 is still a 12f high with mediocre range and B1 is still probably one of the shittiest normals in the game.

Going back to Demo Sonya XD

Xev

Noob

Main problem is that if you end with f412 ex spit they can just tech/roll wakeup and hit you out of it, really only reliable way to go into it is 14 ex spit due to the hard knockdown. Unless some other string can do it that I'm not aware of. It's honestly just not worth it IMO.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Main problem is that if you end with f412 ex spit they can just tech/roll wakeup and hit you out of it, really only reliable way to go into it is 14 ex spit due to the hard knockdown. Unless some other string can do it that I'm not aware of. It's honestly just not worth it IMO.
14 xx EX Spit is still -7 with crap damage. If you're going to spend the bar, make it count.

Reactions: Xev

JDM

Noob
If anyone is actually trying to learn the NJP combo as their go to bnb (I am but man IDK if I'd go for it in tournament like that), after the dash, hold up and slide your finger from 1-2. Ultradavid showed this trick for kotal kahn's stuff too, you get an instant air jump 1/2 that isnt as dependent on timing. It helped me out learning this combo

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If anyone is actually trying to learn the NJP combo as their go to bnb (I am but man IDK if I'd go for it in tournament like that), after the dash, hold up and slide your finger from 1-2. Ultradavid showed this trick for kotal kahn's stuff too, you get an instant air jump 1/2 that isnt as dependent on timing. It helped me out learning this combo
Us MK9 players been doing that forever, brah