What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile Reptile MU Chart:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I only have a pocket Reptile, but Sub-Zero wins the MU and Jaqui is even in my opinion.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
i agree - I´d switch some stuff, but maybe that´s just my personal opinion
Losing:
Liu Kang 4-6 (possibly 4.5-5.5)
Sub zero 4-6
Quan Chi 4-6

Even:
Kotal Khan
Erron Black
Predator
Takeda
Kung Lao
Tanya
Cassie (possibly 6-4)
Shinnok
Kitana
Johnny cage
Devorah
Jax

Winning:
Sonya 6-4
Jaqui 6-4
Kano 6-4 (even in cybernetic)
Jason 6-4
Ermac 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Goro 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Mileena 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Ferra torr 6-4 (possibly)

Winning: 11
Even: 12
Losing: 3
I agree with the OP, BS wins 6-4 Reptile. he goes even with Impostor and Necro tho.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I don't really see how its even against jax to be honest. I think jax wins the match up 5.5 - 4.5 only just but he still wins. You cant stagger the mid overhead string with jax and jax blows up all claw to ex claw shenanigans. I have played a lot of good reptiles in all variations, in my opinion jax wins the match up. Plus you said you played against jupiter so maybe reptile wins against wrestler not all variations.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I literally just had an entire weekend of cassies trying to counter pick me at nec. Everyone there pretty much agreed it was even or the other way around once we played.
Man which Cassies are these because idk about that

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What does sub do vs reptile that makes it a bad matchup? Sure he traps reptile in the corner but he does that to a huge portion of the cast. What reptile specific advantages does sub have? Asking as a reptile main who always though that was kinda even

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
What does sub do vs reptile that makes it a bad matchup? Sure he traps reptile in the corner but he does that to a huge portion of the cast. What reptile specific advantages does sub have? Asking as a reptile main who always though that was kinda even
you can spit the clone away on reaction, making the clone useless against Reptile.

Reptile can slide under his clone throw on reaction.

The worst thing against sub zero imo is his iceball, making reptiles forceballs useless....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
you can spit the clone away on reaction, making the clone useless against Reptile.

Reptile can slide under his clone throw on reaction.

The worst thing against sub zero imo is his iceball, making reptiles forceballs useless....
Unless the Sub clones predictably, you have to still play around clone too much. And even without clone he still has to deal with not being able to control the neutral as well due to slide going under forceball on reaction (iceball being a hard counter to them as well), and d4 being a strong poke vs Reptile's buttons (IIRC it ducks under things like f21).

I feel like Sub takes Reptile too far out of his element and Reptile doesn't entirely have the alternatives to handle that.

Reactions: JDM

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Man which Cassies are these because idk about that
Gross, magician, jer, warchild, steve.

The longest set being against gross. There was nothing that limited my offense other than being unable to claw or f412. Any games i lost he outplayed me.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
I really don't get how GM Sub is not a losing MU for some, Clone in this game controls space so much better than it did in MK9 and the ability throw it, shatter it, & his really grat set of normals control the pace so well.

@Pig Of The Hut Curious why you think Rep beats Goro 7-3 when Goro has good tools to handle Rep trying to rush him down & the pokes to fight Rep well especially in Dragon Fangs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I really don't get how GM Sub is not a losing MU for some, Clone in this game controls space so much better than it did in MK9 and the ability throw it, shatter it, & his really grat set of normals control the pace so well.

@Pig Of The Hut Curious why you think Rep beats Goro 7-3 when Goro has good tools to handle Rep trying to rush him down & the pokes to fight Rep well especially in Dragon Fangs.
@Metzos

Gross, magician, jer, warchild, steve.

The longest set being against gross. There was nothing that limited my offense other than being unable to claw or f412. Any games i lost he outplayed me.
Doesn't gross and magician main Cassie? I wouldn't call that a counterpick

Israel

Noob
Reptile doesnt have a teleport, his mobility is all grounded. thus putting a clone in front of him, stops him in his tracks. His dash doesnt have armor, So u have to fight stuff the normal way vs everyone else having some time of great option to blow it up. or get around it. even a mid projectile that comes out in normal speed , makes it usefull to fight sub.

Israel

Noob
Yup,

d4...d4...d4...CLONE, *oh im sorry sir, did i just catch u trying jump in on me, trying to get past my pokes? hold this clone sir.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Still don't see how Cybernetic doesn't win against reptile.
Ive played this match at least 100 times. If you dont lab it you will get bodied. But once you lab it you realize that the knives aren't as strong as you think. If kano tries two knives in succession you can reversal flip claw him for a clean hit or even a launcher so he has to pick and choose his knives. F21 is huge in this matchup for closing the gap as well so deceptive is a good pick. They fight each other pretty even around the entire stage, this is one of those 5-5 matchups that are heavily based on footsies and reads.