What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile Reptile MU Chart:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Ive seen a lot of discussion overall tier lists but very little on character soecific mu's.
I would like to discuss with other reptile mains what you think and hope you share your opinion.

Losing:
Kung Lao 4-6
Tanya 4-6
Shinnok 4-6
Liu Kang 4-6

Even:
Kitana (possibly 4-6)
Cassie (possibly 4-6)
Kotal kahn
Sonya
Johnny cage
Sub zero
Takeda
Devorah

Winning:
Kano 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Jax 6-4
Error Black 6-4
Jason 6-4
Ermac 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Goro 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Predator 6-4
Quan chi 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Jaqui 6-4
Ferra torr 6-4 (possibly)

Winning: 14
Even: 8
Losing: 4

@OFIDYAN
@Pig Of The Hut
@G4S J360
@Wam-Zlay
@Milkman
@THTB

Sorry if I forgot anyone

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think Sub still beats Reptile.
Idk it reminds me alooooot of the mk9 mu where i used to think it was bad but you just have to play complétely different than what youre used too. Reptile also has some of the best meter options to get out of the córner vs sub.

omooba

fear the moobs
Ive seen a lot of discussion overall tier lists but very little on character soecific mu's.
I would like to discuss with other reptile mains what you think and hope you share your opinion.

Losing:
Kung Lao 4-6
Tanya 4-6
Shinnok 4-6
Liu Kang 4-6
can u justify these? PLEEEEAAASE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with the Kano number. MU is pretty rough for him, feels ugly. D'Vorah fares so much better.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
can u justify these? PLEEEEAAASE
Kung Lao controls the air way too well which is one if reptiles weaknesses. He can Jump 2 backwards and forwards without almost any risks. At that point one of your only options is to spit which is extremely risky considering one mistimed spit can be divekicked/teleported/j2. Also for a character that thrives on oki, kl's options getting off the ground are too strong

omooba

fear the moobs
Kung Lao controls the air way too well which is one if reptiles weaknesses. He can Jump 2 backwards and forwards without almost any risks. At that point one of your only options is to spit which is extremely risky considering one mistimed spit can be divekicked/teleported/j2. Also for a character that thrives on oki, kl's options getting off the ground are too strong
then why isn't cassie a bad mutch up cus, instant air guns and flip kick and nutpunch and can u justify the other bad match ups PLEEEEEAAAAASE

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
then why isn't cassie a bad mutch up cus, instant air guns and flip kick and nutpunch and can u justify the other bad match ups PLEEEEEAAAAASE
If she tries to do two instant airs after another yiu can spit and knock Her down at which point you can get out a fb and out zone her. If the opponent realizes that then it becomes a guessing game. Flip reversal just means you have to use mix in more f41 staggers/ slides/ and go straight into 50/50 strings instead of using f412. The not punch is only plus 3-5. Reptile has plenty of options vs the reset. Even if she makes it as positive as possible, reptile can still armor Her mid and 50/50 options
Like i said This thread is for discusssion and i am not stating anything as a fact. i also said its could be losing as well..

omooba

fear the moobs
If she tries to do two instant airs after another yiu can spit and knock Her down at which point you can get out a fb and out zone her. If the opponent realizes that then it becomes a guessing game. Flip reversal just means you have to use mix in more f41 staggers/ slides/ and go straight into 50/50 strings instead of using f412. The not punch is only plus 3-5. Reptile has plenty of options vs the reset. Even if she makes it as positive as possible, reptile can still armor Her mid and 50/50 options
Like i said This thread is for discusssion and i am not stating anything as a fact. i also said its could be losing as well..
when i said nut punch i was referring to the fact that it has invincibility frames on wake up. also i feel like whatever kung lao's wake u can do flip kick can do too just little more timing and a lot less risk. and when u where like mix in more shit, it's the same against kung lao except his isn't safe on block mid screen
also not trying to make this into an argument i'm honestly trying to figure out how to rape lao more. i use reptile against kung lao and although kung lao is broke lol i feel very confident against him unlike cassie bitch fuck that bitch. i think nut punch is actually only like plus 2 on hit, i was referring to ex nut punch

Lol damn. Man I don't play enough great players yet to justify anything, but I will give you what I have saved on my phone:

Maybe Difficult
Liu Kang
Jax
Kung Lao

Difficult
Sub-Zero

I don't feel like he has any winning matchups yet. Kotal is maybe the only one, but you have to use the right variation. I play Alucard a lot now since being F3 and I'll tell you Deceptive is great for War God (Definsively) you have to use Invisibility after b14's or b122 for sure against Kotal because if he doesn't do the punishable overhead, there's a gap that gets lit up. Noxious is actually pretty great for Sun God, and Nimble is amazing for Blood God.

Reactions: JDM

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@nindo what you think about the 6:4 Reptile vs Quan Chi ? Imo Quan Chi wins the MU, maybe it´s just the exp i have playing against you @nindo. I have the feeling i can´t get in against quan and he just outspaces me :>

Why would you say Reptile loses against Lao and Tanya. I think it´s 5:5.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Losing:
Takeda 4-6
Sub zero 4-6

Even:
Kung Lao
Tanya
Shinnok
Liu Kang
Kitana
Cassie (possibly 6-4)
Sonya
Johnny cage
Devorah
Jax
Jaqui

Winning:
Kotal Khan 6-4
Kano 6-4 (even in cybernetic)
Error Black 6-4
Jason 6-4
Ermac 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Goro 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Predator 6-4
Quan chi 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Scorpion 6-4

Winning: 13
Even: 11
Losing: 2

When i have time ill write out some matchup notes.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Losing:
Takeda 4-6
Sub zero 4-6

Even:
Kung Lao
Tanya
Shinnok
Liu Kang
Kitana
Cassie (possibly 6-4)
Sonya
Johnny cage
Devorah
Jax
Jaqui

Winning:
Kotal Khan 6-4
Error Black 6-4
Jason 6-4
Ermac 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Goro 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Predator 6-4
Quan chi 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Scorpion 6-4

Winning: 13
Even: 11
Losing: 2

When i have time ill write out some matchup notes.
i agree - I´d switch some stuff, but maybe that´s just my personal opinion
Losing:
Liu Kang 4-6 (possibly 4.5-5.5)
Sub zero 4-6
Quan Chi 4-6

Even:
Kotal Khan
Erron Black
Predator
Takeda
Kung Lao
Tanya
Cassie (possibly 6-4)
Shinnok
Kitana
Johnny cage
Devorah
Jax

Winning:
Sonya 6-4
Jaqui 6-4
Jason 6-4
Ermac 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Goro 6-4 (possibly 7-3)
Mileena 6-4
Scorpion 6-4

Winning: 11
Even: 12
Losing: 3

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Sub Beats Reptile hands down.

I agree with @G4S J360 s list. Especially the Goro matchup. It is rough for Goro, I also could see Reptile beating BS Shinnok. No more than 6-4 though.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
players i got my exp from
tanya: dab/ dragón
Erron black: kinetic semij/ wound/
Quan chi: korey the dragón
Takeda: señor abraham/ kin balding
Tremor: m2dave
Shinnok: wound cowboy
Predator: wound cowboy
Sub zero: korey the dragón
Jax: dab/ jupiter