What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I was on the fence about making Skarlet his 4th 3-7 tbh. However I'm starting to figure some things out that I could be doing better, so I was swayed away from that notion. I still can't see it as even though.
what do you feel makes it tough for Reptile?
You can punish her teleports.... so foreballs are still a very good option until the teleport will actually kill you.
So far the only thing I have found that Reptile can not dash out of on a skarlet red dash is the slide. I was sliding through her upslash/downslash (not hitting... but the game counter skarlet airborne).

anyway... what do you think of it in a tad more detail... even the Skarlet v Reptile post is pretty thin in info.

You can punish her teleports.... so foreballs are still a very good option until the teleport will actually kill you.
So far the only thing I have found that Reptile can not dash out of on a skarlet red dash is the slide. I was sliding through her upslash/downslash (not hitting... but the game counter skarlet airborne).

anyway... what do you think of it in a tad more detail... even the Skarlet v Reptile post is pretty thin in info.
Well for one she can machine gun grounded daggers and we can't do anything about it lol. She has two options to punish our forceballs.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Well you're right Reptile still definitely has options, but regular fb's can be teleported or ex red dashed on reaction, however in the right situations ex fb's are fairly safe and this is what you should be spending your meter on as well as ex slide if you end up needing to get in through her zoning. She does outzone Reptile for the most part. You can hit her with spit easier than fb's though, which does free you up to get an ex fb on screen. A couple of the serious problems in this MU are if you let her start to use her Retarded pressure strings, and the corner game. She does retarded chip damage and builds meter really fast so she ends up being able to do that string like 3 or 4 time in a row at the end of it and and I have no idea how much chip it does but I know that it's a pretty serious amount. You can poke out but I have trouble with it even offline, but I definitely think that is more on me than anything though. What really trips me out personally is how weird her blockstun is, I never know when it's ok to let go of block and poke, otherwise I just let go of block and eat a combo. It's definitely managable, but I just don't see it in his favor. Idk if that was much more detailed than anything else, but let me ask what specifically about the MU are you having trouble with exactly?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I hate her blockstun. I find myself really struggling to punish her stuff like teleport and the upslash/downslash on block.

I dont' have a problem with her doing block strings.... she only jails Reptile on a JIP... so you can visually "see" the dagger toss and d4 (or dash).
Anytime she cancels into red dash I ALWAYS dash. I've only been hit by the slide consistently so we are doing the 8% v 11% game there.

I always punish teleport regardless of if it hits... i think its -11 on tech roll on hit... so that is a punish heh.

I noticed like natzee's said... she can fire daggers all day..... but we can duck them and force her to actually do something else.

My real problem was once she knocked me down..... she can really setup an entire circus of things that you have to look for... accounting for all her options hurts my head.

Something that i just thought of lol.
Once skarlett gets the life lead she can just ground dagger for free no worries.
Fuck lol. Cause jumping gets you aa'd, armor gets you close but then your eat big damage lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I hate her blockstun. I find myself really struggling to punish her stuff like teleport and the upslash/downslash on block.

I dont' have a problem with her doing block strings.... she only jails Reptile on a JIP... so you can visually "see" the dagger toss and d4 (or dash).
Anytime she cancels into red dash I ALWAYS dash. I've only been hit by the slide consistently so we are doing the 8% v 11% game there.

I always punish teleport regardless of if it hits... i think its -11 on tech roll on hit... so that is a punish heh.

I noticed like natzee's said... she can fire daggers all day..... but we can duck them and force her to actually do something else.

My real problem was once she knocked me down..... she can really setup an entire circus of things that you have to look for... accounting for all her options hurts my head.
Don't punish teleports or upslashes with 321, it can be done but there is only a 1 frame gap. Use either standing 1 or 2 because they are the same speeds and give you an easier punish, I think the best punish is 1221 dash f2 ex fb 32 fb 321 ender of choice.

I don't think that is a punish if you tech roll because you will go through the full 12 frames of startup if you dash from that distance. Maybe it's just -11 on hit in general, that would make more sense.

Yeah we can duck daggers, but the problem is if she has the life lead she has no need to do anything else other than throw daggers. So it's up to us to get in on her in that situations. If it's the other way around though absolutely just duck and wait.

Yeah once Reptile is put in the blender here it can get ugly, the best advice I could give on that one is either just try to armor out or just block high and wait for an opening, because fuck slide unless you are about to die.

Okay i wanna talk kenshi, there's a lot of numbers floating around whether it be reptiles game, even, Or kenshi adv. I personally don't want to put a number on it cause I've played pig's kenshi and got merked like a chump, but every other one I've played feels around even.
Thoughts?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay i wanna talk kenshi, there's a lot of numbers floating around whether it be reptiles game, even, Or kenshi adv. I personally don't want to put a number on it cause I've played pig's kenshi and got merked like a chump, but every other one I've played feels around even.
Thoughts?
It's not even, it's in Kenshi's favor. HOWEVER, I'm starting to find some things that could make the MU way easier. I actually think I already mentioned it earlier in this thread. Double dashing into jump ins after ex slide can really fuck with Kenshi on wake up.

It's not even, it's in Kenshi's favor. HOWEVER, I'm starting to find some things that could make the MU way easier. I actually think I already mentioned it earlier in this thread. Double dashing into jump ins after ex slide can really fuck with Kenshi on wake up.
Yeah i remember reading that lol. Hands down kenshi wins in the corner, but midscreen he can't exactly keep us out, can he? Not without meter at least lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah i remember reading that lol. Hands down kenshi wins in the corner, but midscreen he can't exactly keep us out, can he? Not without meter at least lol
No he can if he makes the right reads. It's actually not hard at all if he knows when a Reptile is wanting to dash.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
True that. But he could always bait the dash read and get sfb out or something too.
Stance change works so awesome in this MU lmao
Sfb's are only really useful to bait reflects tbh, if you get one out you still can't really pressure. He can SC you and still have time to reflect the ball.