What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm not doubting anything that you are saying, I know it's all true I just don't see how this make it even. Doing all this on a consistent basis isn't easy, and I honestly can't hit d4/d1 tele punishes consistently. That could just be on me I won't lie there I don't practice that a lot, but I can't do it. Reptile has to make a LOT of adjustments to his oki game in order for it to work effectively. Reptile has such limited options and has to adjust so much of his core game in order to fight this character, while KL just has to watch his dive kicks. If I'm handicapped so hard while he isn't how is the MU even?
I do roughly the same shit on oki as normal, and it pretty much works in this matchup.

Both characters are approaching each other in such off manners in comparison to what they would normally do because they fuck with so many tools the other one has. Neither one has an advantage. KL takes away projectiles in the neutral, Reptile forces KL to do awkward shit to hit him a lot of the time. Neither one really controls any sort of pacing.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I do roughly the same shit on oki as normal, and it pretty much works in this matchup.

Both characters are approaching each other in such off manners in comparison to what they would normally do because they fuck with so many tools the other one has. Neither one has an advantage. KL takes away projectiles in the neutral, Reptile forces KL to do awkward shit to hit him a lot of the time. Neither one really controls any sort of pacing.
Honestly good laos aren't going to be phased by just down 4s and a low hitbox. If that's all it took to beat Lao, he wouldn't be the character that he is today, and Mileena would destroy him (which isn't the case.) Lao has the tools to deal with that easily. Midrange low hats are amazing in this matchup, he can sit outside of Reptile's d4 range and just harass him with low hat/F2, or he can do a well spaced whiffed dive, which is very hard for Rep to deal with. He can whiff punish d4 with en spin or dive kick, he can dash up and jump to bait a d4, and if Rep doesn't d4 he can just teleport and have very little risk.

Also d4 against teleports gets ABSOLUTELY blown up by tele 2, it smashes him right out of it no matter what. Reptile's ONLY option that never loses against teleport is Elbow Dash. The risk/reward against him is so bad...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

What meterless oki setups do you have that he can't just teleport through? I know if you burn a bar for ex fb then you are in, but you can only do that so many times, especially since it's so hard to build meter in this MU.

I know KL plays the MU differently, but can we both agree that Reptile has to make a greater amount of changes that take away from the core of his game and what makes him such a solid character?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
THTB alright I got a nice long set in with a REALLY GOOD KL (Obs_SmSwag), and I'm going to knock the MU up to a 4-6, I still don't see it as even, but I am most definitely convinced after that set that 3-7 is just too much.

Edit: Killin Natzees

THTB

THTB alright I got a nice long set in with a REALLY GOOD KL (Obs_SmSwag), and I'm going to knock the MU up to a 4-6, I still don't see it as even, but I am most definitely convinced after that set that 3-7 is just too much.

Edit: Killin Natzees
3-7 was too far from the get-go lol. I think more time will convince you it's lower than that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
3-7 was too far from the get-go lol. I think more time will convince you it's lower than that.
Yeah I think that was just my frustration from losing to so many Lao's for the past couple of days before hand. After talking about the MU all day on here yesterday and having it all fresh in my mind when I played him the difference was amazing. OH YEAH BTW, I'm totally going to start working on d4 ffb to hit KL's out of dive kicks, I did that shit on REACTION yesterday and felt like the biggest boss to ever walk the earth. It was so fucking swaggy.

THTB

Yeah I think that was just my frustration from losing to so many Lao's for the past couple of days before hand. After talking about the MU all day on here yesterday and having it all fresh in my mind when I played him the difference was amazing. OH YEAH BTW, I'm totally going to start working on d4 ffb to hit KL's out of dive kicks, I did that shit on REACTION yesterday and felt like the biggest boss to ever walk the earth. It was so fucking swaggy.
You have to be careful doing it...tele 2 is the only thing that hits it, though in my experiences, that can be inconsistent, and it's beaten by uppercuts anyway.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You have to be careful doing it...tele 2 is the only thing that hits it, though in my experiences, that can be inconsistent, and it's beaten by uppercuts anyway.
No not tele, DIVE KICK! I was hitting tele's too, but I got him out of a dive kick on reaction. You are right though, he starting hitting tele two on me, and blowing me up. I guess I start uppercutting when he starts going for that.

I'm thinking I want to change my Cyrax MU back to 4-6, but when I think about the MU it feels like it kind of fits. What do you guys think?

THTB Killin Natzees Treadmill

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
man, 7-3. I used t think it was closer but damn. Navigating that mine field while he builds meter then get reset into oblivion. Krayzie was throwing nets, letting me block it and I think ok, now I can dash to close distance. He'd then dash forward, block my dash...in my face...Ggs. Also how many times have u ex slide just to land on a close bomb after you hit him, and get combed. It's ridiculous.

EGP Wonder_Chef

man, 7-3. I used t think it was closer but damn. Navigating that mine field while he builds meter then get reset into oblivion. Krayzie was throwing nets, letting me block it and I think ok, now I can dash to close distance. He'd then dash forward, block my dash...in my face...Ggs. Also how many times have u ex slide just to land on a close bomb after you hit him, and get combed. It's ridiculous.
when did you play krayzie?

EGP Wonder_Chef

online a few months back. Unless someone who is extremely good stole his name. Lol, it is psn after all.
ah

I thought you played him offline when he traveled or something

I've played him rep vs cyrax a looooot and he always fights reptiles at tournaments, that bastard

I'm thinking I want to change my Cyrax MU back to 4-6, but when I think about the MU it feels like it kind of fits. What do you guys think?

THTB Killin Natzees Treadmill

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
It could be 6-4, but man, he's got so many fucking setups and damage with one net.
But being able to dash between 212 is nice, and if he goes for like 21 121 nonsense you can stop him between strings.
I try to just dash in when he bombs, and done move when he nets.
321 ex sfb combo ender is nice cause he can't wake up with aa grab.
You can't trade with the fuck either or bye bye life bar.

EGP Wonder_Chef

It could be 6-4, but man, he's got so many fucking setups and damage with one net.
But being able to dash between 212 is nice, and if he goes for like 21 121 nonsense you can stop him between strings.
Yeah but if he just blocks or does 21 net on block then you lose the round.

321 ex sfb combo ender is nice cause he can't wake up with aa grab.
Yeah but he can teleport which you don't get much of a punish off of.

Yeah but if he just blocks or does 21 net on block then you lose the round.

Yeah but he can teleport which you don't get much of a punish off of.
Yeah but any punish is better than no punish.
I know you've done some heavy punish testing, what was the damage for 321 elbow dash 321 slide? Do you think the OTG is worth doing on him?