What's new

Tech Reptile Ghost Dash

Seapeople

This one's for you
Ohhh man 321~invisibility combo ender against a character like Kitana into an almost guaranteed slowball frametrap + the ghost dash. The possibilities for this are endless :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Great tech, it's nice to see good stuff being discovered by the best
Armor stops this still.
NJP all day.

Ohhh man 321~invisibility combo ender against a character like Kitana into an almost guaranteed slowball frametrap + the ghost dash. The possibilities for this are endless :)
After some testing, ending in 321 exsfb small dash elbow dash is a very great guarentee for this lol.
Same with 321 ex invis ender. SUCH A FUCKING MINDFUCK I LOVE IT

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Has anyone tried to use this with The Slam Dunk set up? All of my attempts have been unsuccessful.

McNasty

Moist.
Great video REO and thank you for the explanation. Cant wait to try this tonight if I can get it down over the weekend ill test this with nightwolf I know he can do this in the corner with shoulder charge but perhaps its possible midscreen.

In theory this could make reptile an even STRONGER best of 3 character! Man im fucking pumped lets go reptilians!

Alright, guys. Let me clear some things up:

1.) This tactic in general has nothing to do with a BLOCKED dash - I just messed up the first example in the video.

2.) HOW IT'S DONE - Just whiff an elbow dash next to your opponent and buffer f,f.

3.) This does take some practice to get down to with the timing. It's not a simple pick up and master in the first minute type of thing. After a while you should get the timing down and it should become second nature, though.

4.) If you play Reptile properly, you should automatically be conditioning your opponent to block after forceball traps otherwise they eat a kick (3) (or misc.) in the face for full combo. Once they respect the above, you can start applying ghost dashing in all forceball trap scenarios to further increase your mix-ups and give you WAY better control over wall positioning.

5.) It doesn't matter if your opponent is standing, crouching, or blocking, this works at anytime. It also works on ALL characters regardless of their hitbox sizes.

6.) Depending on what moves will whiff from the opponent, it all comes down to many variables on how inside you are within their hurtbox , what moves you're using, what attack they're using and etc. So there is much depth to be explored in this regard. The hurtbox and hitbox aspects become very technical at this point so it's hard to further explain in detail but hopefully you guys get the gist of it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Normally Reptile whiff punishes with the dash and hits them with the dash when within range... but can he still do a whiff punish like a 321 from dash whiff range and using the ghost dash to get in and whiff punish?

If you do this anywhere on screen regardless of being next to opponent or not, you can no longer push the opponent by walking into them....huh

#IamMuffinMuggers

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i still can't seem to dash thru them....it feels like the ff dash comes out too late :(

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm going to have to practice this some more. The little bit I've tried was unsuccessful...is there a specific timing to input the regular dash?

I'm going to have to practice this some more. The little bit I've tried was unsuccessful...is there a specific timing to input the regular dash?
The times i've done it, it seems you have to do it as quick as possible, before he finishes the special dash animation. It's really easy if you do it after 321 though. You just wait til right after they hit the ground.