What's new

Tech Reptile Ghost Dash

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
if this move just hits if you dont block it means reptile gets a free safe attempt to punish any d1 in the game. anyone who doesnt have anything good to control the horizontal space is going to get fucked up byt this, especially smoke and rain.
"If this move just hits if you dont block"

I am confused. So, If you dash in just out of range, and do a forward dash to go through the opponent no pokes can touch your hurt box?

"If this move just hits if you dont block"

I am confused. So, If you dash in just out of range, and do a forward dash to go through the opponent no pokes can touch your hurt box?
reptile will only phase through you if you block, I wonder what happens if you dont block the dash? this tech whill give him a free mixup at least from a blocked d1 or a punish if it hits if you dont block the dash( at least if it works the way I think it does) this also ridiculously buffs his mobility. if this move works the way I think it does this will make reptile top 5 imo.

again if this tech works the way I think it does, you can actually get punished for trying to punish reptiles dash because when you know youre blocking and reptiles dashes into you, you will let go of block and try to punish it, but now he phases through you and gets his free mixup.

can reptile block immediately after this move or does he have some frames where he cant block? if so kung lao can still punish reptile consistently.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
My question tho, is can a character actually poke you while you are trying to dash through them. So, as reptile dashes forward (standard dash not elbow dash) to phase through, can characters hit him as he attempts the dash?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
My question tho, is can a character actually poke you while you are trying to dash through them. So, as reptile dashes forward (standard dash not elbow dash) to phase through, can characters hit him as he attempts the dash?
I'm pretty sure..

I highly doubt he has invincibility during that phasing...

if not, I wonder if kung lao can spin him. as it is now kung lao can still probably atleast spin to interrupt the mixup.

I'm pretty sure..

you would need godlike reactions to do that conistently just to hit a d1/d3. if you mess up youre going to eat the follow up.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm pretty sure..

If they can, then I don't think this adds much to his pressure game. Hold block, if Elbow dash hits, punish. If Elbow dash doesn't hit, poke. Wouldn't that solve both situations?

I think this is really cool, I am just at work and can't go home to try it lol. I am trying to get as much information about this as I can.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
If they can, then I don't think this adds much to his pressure game. Hold block, if Elbow dash hits, punish. If Elbow dash doesn't hit, poke. Wouldn't that solve both situations?

I think this is really cool, I am just at work and can't go home to try it lol. I am trying to get as much information about this as I can.
Yeah.. I'm pretty sure you kould interrupt his follow up as well after he phases through.

It should add to his pressure regardless because it's one more thing the opponent has to think about when you do a dash. There's ranges where it's harder to tell whether or not the dash is going to wiff, etc...

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
i am glad no1 uses this character but HAN and thinks he suuuucks. wtb more reptiles so i can rage and hopefully finally switch to kabal... which reptile goes 5-5 w/.. :eek: (-_-)
when did i say he sucks? i always up-play reppy!

As cool as this is, the precision it requires is really going to limit its uses. How often do you think this actually going to be used in the heat of a match?

#IamMuffinMuggers

This is awesome. I don't see this to be over powering at all. Probably hard to get consistently in a match.
I have dicked with phasing myself in live matches with Sonya, Baraka and night wolf

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
umm if you block the dash is the punish window the same??
That's what I'm wondering. If the phase beats the punisher by making it whiff in the wrong direction....daaaaaaaamn. As sub player, this terrifies me. My damage out put is so low, that I could see a reptile eating a dash punish once to set this up. :mad:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
That's what I'm wondering. If the phase beats the punisher by making it whiff in the wrong direction....daaaaaaaamn. As sub player, this terrifies me. My damage out put is so low, that I could see a reptile eating a dash punish once to set this up. :mad:
Ya, good thing I picked up Sonya so I can just shoot onion rings all day

REO

Undead
Alright, guys. Let me clear some things up:

1.) This tactic in general has nothing to do with a BLOCKED dash - I just messed up the first example in the video.

2.) HOW IT'S DONE - Just whiff an elbow dash next to your opponent and buffer f,f.

3.) This does take some practice to get down to with the timing. It's not a simple pick up and master in the first minute type of thing. After a while you should get the timing down and it should become second nature, though.

4.) If you play Reptile properly, you should automatically be conditioning your opponent to block after forceball traps otherwise they eat a kick (3) (or misc.) in the face for full combo. Once they respect the above, you can start applying ghost dashing in all forceball trap scenarios to further increase your mix-ups and give you WAY better control over wall positioning.

5.) It doesn't matter if your opponent is standing, crouching, or blocking, this works at anytime. It also works on ALL characters regardless of their hitbox sizes.

6.) Depending on what moves will whiff from the opponent, it all comes down to many variables on how inside you are within their hurtbox , what moves you're using, what attack they're using and etc. So there is much depth to be explored in this regard. The hurtbox and hitbox aspects become very technical at this point so it's hard to further explain in detail but hopefully you guys get the gist of it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.