What's new

Tech Reptile Ghost Dash

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Shame you can't do this as a combo ender ie 321 invis dash into ghost dash. It seems it can only be done after a naked dash so you'd have to pause after doing a combo ender. Eh

Seems the only practical use for this is with the slowball perfect dash up trap.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I messed around with this for like an hour and could only get the phase in the corner. Do you whiff elbow dash like right in front of them or what? I can't seem to get the spacing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I messed around with this for like an hour and could only get the phase in the corner. Do you whiff elbow dash like right in front of them or what? I can't seem to get the spacing.
You don't have to be RIGHT in front of them, but you have to be pretty close. I actually messed with it and got it to where Reptile actually not just phase through the opponent, but if you space it right you could end up inside of them, and randomly pop out on either side, I think that might have some real potential.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
For anyone still having trouble doing it
From the reset position
Jump back then do b, f+2, f
You buffer the forward from the elbow dash so you get the second dash to come out as fast as possible
Edit: Actually nvm that fails. Just got to buffer the dash like midway through the elbow dash.
Edit Edit: Actually in trying to use the first forward to buffer the dash. You will inadvertently time the dash correctly to get the ghost dash.
FINAL EDIT: Ok the only consistent way I can find to do it is to hit b. Then pause and then hit f+2, f, f. I think the way our thumbs are designed so that we can't quickly go from b to f, then spam f to get the dash out fast enough. By pausing. You let your thumb hit f faster lol. Sounds ridiculous but using this method I can hit the ghost dash like 90% of the time.

I still don't really see a real reason to do this apart from getting away from having your back to the corner.

If the are standing there blocking an ex ball, why bother dashing through them, just go ahead and start your pressure. It's like we all told muffin, this defeated by just blocking.

Or am I missing something?

#IamMuffinMuggers

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You can go through their block and mix them up. Nothing is gauraunteed, but it is a mind game sir. A mind game. Nothing wrong with an extra tool.

You can go through their block and mix them up. Nothing is gauraunteed, but it is a mind game sir. A mind game. Nothing wrong with an extra tool.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it but if I'm blocking a forceball that I know you are following with pressure it really doesn't concern me if you glitch to the other side to do it.

#IamMuffinMuggers

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I always throw to put/keep them in the corner. So that's when switching sides would change up their buttons.

Actually how does throw break work again. I just wanna be sure. And yeah the more I think about it the more I think I'm wrong about this.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think that if you are throwing them to the left, you have to press 1 or 3, and if you are throwing them to the right, you have to press 2 or 4.

Back or front doesn't matter afaik.