What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Can someone give me a hint what type of conversion to use off anti air jabs?
I recently picked up nimble and I'm having a blast playing him but I'm not sure how to maximize my punishes when someone trys to cross me up.
Usually I just jab them out of the air and convert with 21,f412 db3 to set up offense. Is there something more damaging other than ending in slide instead of db3? maybe even a nimble conversion?
That's pretty much the best he can do.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Can someone give me a hint what type of conversion to use off anti air jabs?
I recently picked up nimble and I'm having a blast playing him but I'm not sure how to maximize my punishes when someone trys to cross me up.
Usually I just jab them out of the air and convert with 21,f412 db3 to set up offense. Is there something more damaging other than ending in slide instead of db3? maybe even a nimble conversion?
Off of s1 AA, I just do 21 run 1 run F412~Slide

ToX

Noob
Im looking for a low execution, easy to pickup variation of Reptile (at least until i get ahitbox in a few months). I mained him in MK9 and I hear for the most part if you like MK9's reptile movement , MKX's isn't much different. I want to use him has a pocket character so maybe throw me some opinions, thanks! Long live reptile

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Reptile shouldn't be super hard execution wise as a whole. Just try all variations and see what you'd prefer spending meter on to decide the variation.

ToX

Noob
THank you. I'm heaving trouble doing Low pokes into his overhead, the forceball just comes out instead. im new to MKX in general so any help on doing let's sayB3 into his Klaw Pounce?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So with Reptile in MKX, he has the least amount of differences between each variations (simply one move that changes between the three) all of them play a relatively similar game but they still have their own strengths and weaknesses. Example, Nimble is a setplay MONSTER. While in Basilisk he just becomes disgusting but other than that, you're simply playing reptile. So all in all like Morgan said, try em all out, see which one fits you the best.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Was labbing Fisticuffs MU earlier after struggling against a nice one online. I happened to run into one again. I decided to keep my space and be patient instead of rushing in. I don't know if any of you reptile mains know this MU, or if I played it correctly. I really wanted Dink's Quan though. :( :( Oh well. Maybe next time I'll get mopped :D

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Was labbing Fisticuffs MU earlier after struggling against a nice one online. I happened to run into one again. I decided to keep my space and be patient instead of rushing in. I don't know if any of you reptile mains know this MU, or if I played it correctly.
Basically just keep your distance and pick your projectiles right. Get him to feel like forceball isn't getting him anywhere, and this includes sliding under them on reaction. A little past jump distance, you should be able to check him with reaction slides. You were playing it right, basically, just a little clean-up on what to do and you're good.

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Why are top players not using reptile i dont understand like he has everything mix footsies zonning good mobility is a setup monster like huh??? Someone elaborate what is wrong with reptile

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I'm not much of a MK player, I got here by Injustice. But ill say from a Viewer stance, Reptile is so fun to watch. I wish more people played him.

TamedLizard

Buff George
There's nothing wrong with him. His AA game is below average, but other than that he's solid.

As for why more people don't use him, I couldn't say. Playstyle preferences perhaps.