What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
I won one local tournament using early pre patch(patch which remove OS) Reptile against Shinnok(top 1-3 at that time) in finals and grand finals(Fidoskin is pretty good Russian tournament player), i remember while that time some people here thought Reptile is bottom 5, but i was totally disagree with that, he was amazing in my opinion if you master his OSs.
Here is those matches, amazing comebacks, I will be grateful if you look at that ancent stuff;)
My point is - if Reptile was that bad in early game, how can he be bad after all buffs he recieve?)))

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@Rasssta48 you're welcome man. I also played a day 1 tournament with Reptile. I guess it was a qualification for the European kombat Cup. All local tournaments i participated I've been placed top 8.

Never have been good enough to win. I thats my fault tho ;)

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
@Rasssta48 That footage just proves that even more. Reptile was always a good character in MKX, just like he is now, only even better. BTW excellent job at that tournament, you got two 3-0 comebacks in it, and you did all of that with Noxious, so much respect to you bro :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile before the patches was missing a ton of things. Don't forget.

-Low spit damage
-Forceball recovery was slower
-Hitbox improvements that improved his combos
-Both Deceptive and Nimble had recovery reductions on their specials to make them better
-Gained a 7f poke
-EX slide buff that added combos in the corner and midscreen with basilisk active
-Noxious gained a link with 34 xx gas

Reptile was much worse off at first before he got buffed.

Rasssta48

THTB, yes thats true man, all his variations became useful and i master them all, but I cant forget about OSs which gave him safe mixups with b3, f3, b1d4, and his armor laucher(db2) was about -11 on block(low armor break option with -11 on block), even now i teste that fear when your opponent realize that he cant guess right forever) Next patches not just buff him, he has been reworked.

Roy Arkon

@THTB yes he had some issues, but he still had some awesome stuff along the way, like his EX Slide being 6F 99% full screen low, B2 Overhead, Reptilian Dash as a mobility tool, Noxious' ticks after any attack from the opponent, Nimble's corner carry etc; Also, some of the buff request were way too outrageous, and not just for Reptile. I'm not saying Reptile couldn't have use a few buffs here and there as the whole roster needed changes, and every new fighting game need a balance patch or two to even things up (not just NRS games()but he was already good, people just cried too fast and too soon and in the case of some people, asked for too much, and not just for Reptile. I hope that with both Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 (when that game comes out) people are actually going to try things before asking for buffs.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@THTB hope that with both Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 (when that game comes out) people are actually going to try things before asking for buffs.
wow man i even know like 20 kung laos who cried all day, that their character isn´t S+ tier :>. It´s ordinary that people underestimate their characters.

I ordinary don´t get mad when i lose. Imo i´m a really relaxed guy, but there was a time where i thought that mkx repitile was crappy.

I realised though it was me and not him. If you blame your character you won´t improve. Search for your own mistakes and not for characters weaknesses.

people tend to troll, cry and overreact though. I don´t like that behaviour...whatever they won´t change anways ;)

Roy Arkon

wow man i even know like 20 kung laos who cried all day, that their character isn´t S+ tier :>. It´s ordinary that people underestimate their characters.

I ordinary don´t get mad when i lose. Imo i´m a really relaxed guy, but there was a time where i thought that mkx repitile was crappy.

I realised though it was me and not him. If you blame your character you won´t improve. Search for your own mistakes and not for characters weaknesses.

people tend to troll, cry and overreact though. I don´t like that behaviour...whatever they won´t change anways ;)
Well said bro.

THTB

I'm just saying Reptile wasn't always a great character. Didn't matter, cuz I rolled with him regardless lol. All the stuff he had was alright at the time, but there was too much dumb stuff, that in the context of everything else, he really wasn't. And even if you take all that away, he still just wasn't. As the patches came, though, he got worked into a pretty good character.

Roy Arkon

I'm just saying Reptile wasn't always a great character. Didn't matter, cuz I rolled with him regardless lol. All the stuff he had was alright at the time, but there was too much dumb stuff, that in the context of everything else, he really wasn't. And even if you take all that away, he still just wasn't. As the patches came, though, he got worked into a pretty good character.
If you rolled with him well doesn't that mean he was already a good character? I mean, yes you're a very experienced player, but if you managed to do great with him that pretty much means he was already a good character. And while there was some stupid stuff, not everything related to Reptile specifically, as well as that the game was still in it's early stages and a lot was needed to be discovered regarding everything. Now, Reptile is just awesome. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

THTB

If you rolled with him well doesn't that mean he was already a good character? I mean, yes you're a very experienced player, but if you managed to do great with him that pretty much means he was already a good character. And while there was some stupid stuff, not everything related to Reptile specifically, as well as that the game was still in it's early stages and a lot was needed to be discovered regarding everything. Now, Reptile is just awesome.
I never said I did great, lol, I just kept with him. He's my favorite and I just play who I like.

Rasssta48

Just one thing i wanna say here that Reptile never was bottom 5 in my opinion, never, maybe originally he was in worst half, but after patches hes 6f slide into better one for sure)))

Roy Arkon

Just one thing i wanna say here that Reptile never was bottom 5 in my opinion, never, maybe originally he was in worst half, but after patches hes 6f slide into better one for sure)))
I would say he was in the a little bit above the the middle.

Last edited: