What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Takeda. Granted I'm biased because I play Takeda but they definitely feel similar based on my old experience with Reptile. Substitute plus frames for reliable armor and you've got a similar character imo.
You mean Ronin, right? Lasher is my pocket, and I HATE Shirai Ryu

Zaccel

Noob
Thanks bud, i appreciate the feedback. The reptile community is pretty chill. Much obliged
What character plays the most like Reptile? You know...quick, etc.
Totally forgot to mention that Reptile has strong footsies. His step (not walking, just the initial step) is very quick, allowing him to trot about quite easily. He's reasonably effective at several ranges, so whiff-punishment or counter-hits with stuff like f21, b3, d4, or even f3 is certainly possible. Don't underestimate buttons.

Other stuff (again, from my personal experience):

-Reptile's flexible. Play him to the enemy's weaknesses.
-Be very cautious about zoning. Forceballs are often punishable on reaction, even from distances that appear safe. Some of these punishes hurt badly. Be warned.
-Forceballs rarely work as a combo "ender" for oki. Anyone who knows the matchup will kill you, so either spend meter or do something else.
-This is normal for most characters, but Reptile excels when the opponent is cornered. Focus on getting them there--this is Nimble's MO and excels there even moreso.
-Reptile's aerials aren't much to write home about (they resemble ghetto Sub-Zero aerials). Try to avoid air-to-airs, and get used to the hitbox of his NJP.
-db2 is your best ender on block for meter-building. f412xxdb2 is the only string without a gap, so learn to love it.
-Get comfortable with db4's steering. You're doomed if it whiffs.
-Reptile totally wrecks zoner buttholes. bf2 reversal, bf4, EX bf4, EX db4 etc. plow through projectiles and get you back in their face.
-I love b3xxdb2 on their wakeup. It's the low mixup and can blow up armoured reversals (depending on the character), so it sort of covers two options at once (the other is the safe overhead, which'll drive them insane).

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Best character(s) as a backup for Reptile to cover his worst MUs? GM Sub, Kitana, etc. I'm on "the hunt" x(

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Can someone tell me why I would want to use f2,1,1+3 (MB) over f2,1xxexDB2?
Ive never seen any use for f2,1,1+3 in general.

Edit: nvm, figured it out. Much better damage scaling.

Last edited:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
What's the primary use of 1,2,3?
I found that in the corner juggle u can dash and it crosses their wakup (I think, I dont really know how to test) but still keeps them in the corner. For example b2, 1,4,1, d3, 1,2,3.
Is that it?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So ive played lord rektile for a few months now, and i can honestly say that he's really help me out on my fundementals. Hes just an all around fair character. I for one enjoy this and wished the rest of the cast followed the same trend.

Hello guys, i have real hard te playing against nimble reptile , i am Jax wrestler, i can play hw too... btw first of all, when reptile does that string where second hit is overhead somehow after that i can't poke, his poke or safe overhead with two hands are faster than my d1...how should i play, what should i focus on when i play against him, i know slide is full punishable as long as claws, but mixing tongue~low fireball and f41 slide , f41 b2 , f41 poke is killing me... i only win if i get him in corner and bait his unsafe wakeups

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Hello guys, i have real hard te playing against nimble reptile , i am Jax wrestler, i can play hw too... btw first of all, when reptile does that string where second hit is overhead somehow after that i can't poke, his poke or safe overhead with two hands are faster than my d1...how should i play, what should i focus on when i play against him, i know slide is full punishable as long as claws, but mixing tongue~low fireball and f41 slide , f41 b2 , f41 poke is killing me... i only win if i get him in corner and bait his unsafe wakeups
Anything after F41 is not guaranteed. I'm not 100% fluent in this MU, but you can definitely poke out. It is much harder to poke out if reptile does d3 after f41 with Jax . Have you tried back dashing after that stagge? Also try out d4. If you see they are poking then going into b2 or b3, block the poke and go right into your pressure. Also keep in mind anything after b2 is a risk. If they do B2 into b3, try back dashing and whiff punishing it. Hope that helps :)