Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

Israel

Noob
F412 would be too good for it to be neutral on any of it.
it would make his other strings completely irrelevant.
Use 14, 141, or 21.

Gotta mix it up bro.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
F412 would be too good for it to be neutral on any of it.
it would make his other strings completely irrelevant.
Use 14, 141, or 21.

Gotta mix it up bro.
Why would it be too good?? That doesn't make sense at all.. He doesn't have any fast pokes to back it up.. And besides f32 tbey have slow recovery

Levaranoia

War God
It's just my opinion. I think lao is very overrated, but that's just me. Jacqui on the other I defintely don't think is better. Love the character but way more flawed than people think. Also I've been done debating in this thread, I don't expect anyone in these retarded ass forums to listen. So please continue with yer day.
bruh...so do you think that Reptile would of been able to compete with Nivek's raiden yesterday at ESL?

I thought about it more.

Still think he's good. But the low tiers are creeping, is all. So I slightly agree with the thread, just don't agree with the changes, entirely.

He's a really meter dependent character, and he doesn't build it enough to take advantage of that, unfortunately. And while I don't mind him not doing much damage without it, a slight improvement there wouldn't be too terrible. Also, more utility out of the meterless versions of his variation-specific specials would be much appreciated, so that he doesn't have to use meter in order to actually get some viable usage out of them.

What I feel they could do:

-All Forceballs have 8 less recovery frames overall, and 3 frames less startup
-b34 launches high enough for a slide follow-up on hit
-normal dash does 4% more damage
-(Deceptive) Stealth recovery matches EX Stealth, neither version goes away on block
-(Noxious) Poison Gas DoT does same damage as EX Poison Gas and duration is half as long, and neither version goes away when hit or blocking
-(Nimble) Basilisk startup matches EX Basilisk and duration is half that of EX Basilisk
Those are some great things that could make the variation choice an actual decision when it comes to matchups! I agree forceballs have been too slow even before I had my hands on the game. The first time I saw them I was like uhhhh welp... And thought oh but you can freeze them in place... That ended up costing meter.. Such a huge waste in a mechanic that could've been very cool, but not when he's so meter dependent for combos!

Faster pokes is a must. F4 should probably be 8 frames. Or d3 = 7 frames. Otherwise there is no need for +1 or +2 strings. You're no threat when your next move is 9 frames. Most characters can trade with you at this point or easily armor through your next option.

Ex Reptilian Dash needs Armor!!
When I tell other players it doesn't have it they're like "oh really?? Damn sucks for you bro"

I don't want to be OP. I just want to make match ups more fun for both parties involved. I hate going Quan Chi and wrecking players that usually do quite well against my Reptile.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
actually f412 being neutral on block the entire way is the only buff i would ask for. he gets the most utility out of this string (EX specials, Nimble combos, etc) and it would be cool if it became an even stronger core of this characters gameplay.

Is TYM so fucked up that they cant even admit it would be okay for reptile to even have that??

p.s. Liu Kang is so fucking good and also kicks the living shit out of reptile (safe on everything v safe on nothing = ass rape)

llabslb

R1D1_998
It's just my opinion. I think lao is very overrated, but that's just me. Jacqui on the other I defintely don't think is better. Love the character but way more flawed than people think. Also I've been done debating in this thread, I don't expect anyone in these retarded ass forums to listen. So please continue with yer day.
Fair enough, you are entitled to your own opinion so I think I will carry on with my day. Thank you ;)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I cant believe this shit. Stop being so greedy.
.........What? His frame data is of much more concern to me and most of the Reptile players than his damage. Damage buff even if hes shitting out like 40% 1 bar combos mid screen won't change the fact that he can't deal with the entire cast in his face. He just becomes the new Takeda with less tools.

mamasau

Noob
I cant believe this shit. Stop being so greedy.
Please stop spreading misinformation over the board.
The topic was created before aris' podcast.
It's one of the few discussions about buffs/changing where the majority of the plp posting have different views (between reptile's players too) and still talking politely.
I really tried the b4 cancel fb, it doesn't work.

Really, this topic is still readable.

Last edited:
Please stop spreading misinformation over the board.
The topic was created before aris' podcast.
It's one of the few discussions about buffs/changing where the majority of the plp posting have different views (between reptile's players too) and still talking politely.
I really tried the b4 cancel fb, it doesn't work.

Really, this topic is still readable.
First of all the guy literally said he wabted more buffs after I told everybody reptiles damage is getting buffed. What does that have to do with when this thread was made. Also what game are you playing. You are supposed to do the slow forceball run in and then sweep. The sweep will cause the opponent to be airborne allowing the forceball to combo. Try things out properly before you tell me I am spreading misinformation.

dayum 540+ replies & 16k+ views because someone made a topic called reptile bottom 5 lol
So if I am gonna make a topic saying Quan Chi is bottom 5 will I get the same amount of views? :)
like rly give this game more time almost every character so far can keep up with others and so many variations full potential
still haven't been explored yet

the time when top 3 MKX evo placements are reptile, Takeda Ronin and Kotal Kahn ppl will look back at the first 2 months of mkx where so many
funny topics were made about top and trash tier characters lol

You are supposed to do the slow forceball run in and then sweep. The sweep will cause the opponent to be airborne allowing the forceball to combo. Try things out properly before you tell me I am spreading misinformation.
you worded it badly the first time you posted about this, to be fair. you made it sound like you do b4 XX forceball, not what you just described.

also yea, it seems clear to me that they meant forceball to be like some anime FG projectiles this time. i.e. only used after certain knockdowns to set up mixups. ky's giant fireball in guilty gear is the obvious comparison here.

you worded it badly the first time you posted about this, to be fair. you made it sound like you do b4 XX forceball, not what you just described.

also yea, it seems clear to me that they meant forceball to be like some anime FG projectiles this time. i.e. only used after certain knockdowns to set up mixups. ky's giant fireball in guilty gear is the obvious comparison here.
No, anyone who plays this game seriously should know you can't cancel sweeps into specials, why should I even need to explain that. Never did I say cancel sweep into forceball. If you guys had spent enough time with the character you would assume that it was forceball run in sweep.

Having that said were you guys aware of this or not. Because as of right now it seems you guys and cossner didnt know about this.

mamasau

Noob
First of all the guy literally said he wabted more buffs after I told everybody reptiles damage is getting buffed. What does that have to do with when this thread was made. Also what game are you playing. You are supposed to do the slow forceball run in and then sweep. The sweep will cause the opponent to be airborne allowing the forceball to combo. Try things out properly before you tell me I am spreading misinformation.
Rapzilla "the guy" created the topic with a list of changes, with a needed dmg buff and other stuffs, maybe clearly he wants more than only the dmg buff.
Dont forget to include the reptile community in the next report. Asking for more buffs even after hearing reptile is getting a damage buff. Worst community in mk9 and prob in mkx.
The misinformation thing was about the above things.

One of the point of the discussion is the viability of the forceball, not her usage, it has his tricks and combos, but the problem is the startup frames and recovery, I thought it was cleared in the topic.