What's new

Question - Kenshi Removing Kenshi's amored moves, helps on the character balance ?!

Is this possible ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • There is no hope anymore...

Votes: 24 53.3%

• Total voters

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
... No the character is not fine at a tournament level, there is a very good reason as to why he is considered bottom tier, online he is godlike, but offline he is straight garbage. Kenshi really does need something to compete at a high level.
don't kid yourself, kenshi isn't even good online. In order for him to be good online you have to play in a lag so bad that mileena players fuck up ball roll inputs

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
welp... my "line of thinking" was....

if they ever buff this character to become more viable, he would have, what both, Quan and Predator dont... an EX armored Launcher (Predator has it, but is really bad).... so, you have to give up something to receive, then, get rid of the armored moves (or at least the armored launcher), but make his zoning good, but ofc, he would need his strings to be buffed too.... in this case, he would still have his "get off of me" (EX Spirit Charge) move !!!

this is just theoretically, cuz, if they just buff the character, but then, he keeps his armored launcher, and armored push, that would make him broken, so, in theory, what is the best option, Quan/Predator zoning, without the armored moves, or, just slight improvements (like they did before) on his specials, but, leaving his strings the way they are now ?!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Kenjutsu kenshi is my favorite version of the character. bf 2 IMO needs to be safe on block instead of df1 MB. He is already meter dependent as it is so there is point in giving him a safe armor launcher or a non armor MB move to be safe especially when other characters can make themselves safe without meter.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Also db1 needs to be faster to be a better anti air for kenjutsu 16 frame start up is comical beyond kevin Hart.

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
It's not even his specials imo...his normals are shitty, give him b2 from mk9 at 12 frames and just so people dont bitch let it be a mid instead of an over head. Then give him f22b2 and f22b1 with f2 starting up in 9 frames and kenshi would be great

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
... No the character is not fine at a tournament level, there is a very good reason as to why he is considered bottom tier, online he is godlike, but offline he is straight garbage. Kenshi really does need something to compete at a high level.
I think even saying "online he is godlike" is giving Kenshi too much credit. So let me rephrase it. "Online in Ranked vs Scrubs he is godlike."

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Guys, at least the OP is thinking to re-work the design, which is poor as it is.

If Kenshi had a better design, I could see him getting the support to get into a higher tier.

Diego de Souza Costa

So, you would like the character to have no defensive options instead of just shitty ones.
but that's the thing.... the character has neither... lol

I'm sorry but this is like the worst idea ever.
but, do you think that *IF* they buff the character, not just small adjustments, like they did before, i'm talking real buffs (Takeda and Shinnok "treatment") they're gonna leave a fullscreen zoner, with a EX armored Launcher ?!... that's kinda broken... lel... could you imagine if the MB Rune had Armor :DOGE.... so, if they really want to buff the character, they'll have to "remove" something from his game !!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm just scared for what's gonna happen to Kenshi in the next patch. They've nerfed him before

http://testyourmight.com/threads/stealth-nerf-b32-hitbox-changed.55945/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/rising-sword-damage-scaling-bug-report.54734/

The future for Kenshi is uncertain.
I think those are not nerfs, just bugs or something that needs to be addressed.

Kenshi is currently impossible to nerf, besides removing him from the game, or giving him a special that makes the player's controller desync from the console.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Just a question.....if you had to choose one of kenshi variations to buff to top 10 level which one would you pick?

I Dont play kenshi but I'd pick possesed

Even the suggested buffs everyone gives him seem nice but the character is so badly desinged that i dont know if anything thing can actually help him unless he was re motion captured...that's how bad he feels whenever I try to use him

Diego de Souza Costa

Just a question.....if you had to choose one of kenshi variations to buff to top 10 level which one would you pick?

i like the character, so, it wouldn't matter for me, but, if i had to choose one, Balanced, also, change this name pls.... Balanced is the dumbest name for a variation in the entire game..... lel

but possessed is probably the coolest, the sound effects from the Demon is really fucking cool... :3

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Kenshi needs to keep his armor imo. Just because other zoners don't have it, doesn't mean he shouldn't/can't.. The idea of multiple characters is diverse movesets and gameplans.

Saying 'if he gets buffed his armor makes him op' is REALLLLLLLLLY stretching it because.. Well, we have no idea what his buffs will be (assuming he gets them at all).

Poor Kenshi. I wanted to main you because possessed looks amazing, but you suck. So I play Jax and.. Well, win.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Balanced. Although the other two variations are cool and I also play them, Balanced is the true Kenshi for me.