What's new

Releasing UMK3 or MKT with MK11?

Would you want this?

• Total voters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've been thinking about this for awhile and how amazing it would be. Releasing either Mortal Kombat Trilogy (MKT) or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (UMK3) with MK11.

They did something similar to this with I believe MKA and had UMK3 with it. But the port wasn't very good.

What got me thinking about this is how successful CoD4 Modern Warfare Remastered (MWR) was when bundled with the new CoD Infinite Warfare.

What they could do is have a standard version of MK11 for $60 with no bundle (Like how they did with CoD). The bundle with either MKT or UMK3 would be either $70 or $80. Then there would be the more expensive versions with the season packs. After about 6 months of release, they could release UMK3/MKT as a standalone if possible.

This would be great for all these new and young players who never got to experience the classic 2D MK games and the games that were the largest competitively until MK9 dropped. Either porting or remastering shouldn't cost too much and they would easily profit off of this.

I've mentioned this here and there and I've seen/heard nothing but positive feedback. And the thing is that if you couldn't care less about it you wouldn't be forced to buy it. MKT specifically never got a re release and was never available to be played online aside from a crappy emulator.

How does everyone feel about this? Would you be up for it or do you think it's a dumb idea? All feedback is appreciated!

This also would be a great way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of MK, and the 22nd anniversary of UMK3!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 HD Remake+ Balance updates & playable netcode is the dream.
I would be fine with anything honestly. A remaster would be dope, but even just it being ported to next gen with online play would be more than enough for me.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I dunno man. They tried the "old for the new" thing with the MK Arcade Kollection a while back and that kinda bombed, so much it's not even up for sale anymore.
Now if they did end up doing something like that, and properly, I think a revision of MKT would be the most ideal. UMK3 feels kind of lacking to me nowadays

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That would be good, but what I would like more personally is to have UMK3 in a bundle with a few more old MK games as part of the 25th anniversary that is coming up really soon (October 8th, to be exact). The games I thought should be included in this bundle are:

1) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
2) Mortal Kombat 4
3) Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
4) Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.

Umk3 hd remake won't happen. Too much $$ for Boon and NRS to invest.

But I'd be all for a online playable bundle of mkt or umk with the next mk game. For sure.

I'm sure it'd be the psx/pc port released if it ever happened. Unless they could emulate good sound from the n64 port

Roy Arkon

I dunno man. They tried the "old for the new" thing with the MK Arcade Kollection a while back and that kinda bombed, so much it's not even up for sale anymore.
Now if they did end up doing something like that, and properly, I think a revision of MKT would be the most ideal. UMK3 feels kind of lacking to me nowadays
That's only because WB hired Ocean to work on these ports, it wasn't NRS who were working on them.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Umk3 hd remake won't happen. Too much $$ for Boon and NRS to invest.
You mean WB.

That's only because WB hired Ocean to work on these ports, it wasn't NRS who were working on them.
Yeah I'm aware. Would NRS even be up to the challenge of revising the old games though? That's another thing to consider, given how long it's been since they've actually touched the originals themselves.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
i'd like to see MKT packaged with it.
MKT imo was so much smoother than UMK3 but i could see a lot of people being turned off by it because of things like noob and easy toe tap corner infinites.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I would be fine with either UMK3 or MKT with MK 11 but the one game that hasn't gotten love literally in years is MK 4, this game needs a port already with net play hell even if it's for the 3DS or Switch I'd buy it.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Oh absolutely
One of my dream games is a MKT remaster with online play, balance changes, and every character has their MK1, 2, and 3 versions (but all share just one slot on the roster).
Hell if they released a remastered klassic MK game right now I would take a break from INJ2 for a while.

I straight port while might it be ok, i don't think it's worth it if they're not going to revamp it somehow. As far as a 2D HD remake - I doubt it's ever going to happen. They tried it and it never got anywhere for whatever reason.

But doing a 2.5D remake using the 3D assets from the latest games but using the UMK3/T fight mechanics I think could be an option.

Half the work is already done, they just need to modify the moves so they match the originals. Given the fight mechanics are quite simple compared to the latest games, it shouldn't be that had or cost too much time to implement that into whatever the current UE3 engine is they're using.

That i'd happily pay for as part of an MK11 bundle.

Roy Arkon

You mean WB.

Yeah I'm aware. Would NRS even be up to the challenge of revising the old games though? That's another thing to consider, given how long it's been since they've actually touched the originals themselves.
I think there is a possibility that they would, however both NRS and WB need to be up to the challenge.

Icefyre

Shadows
My friend and I just played MKT again a few months ago.

Game's still fun, even after all these years. But MKT was both of our favorite mk games as kids along with MKII, so maybe we're a little biased. Either way, a MKT remake would be the best gift that could be given to us.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
That would be good, but what I would like more personally is to have UMK3 in a bundle with a few more old MK games as part of the 25th anniversary that is coming up really soon (October 8th, to be exact). The games I thought should be included in this bundle are:

1) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
2) Mortal Kombat 4
3) Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
4) Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.
If they did anything with a new Shaolin monks I'd be so happy lol that shit was fun

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If Capcom can redo sprites for that SF2 HD Remix thing and then turn around and add new two (clone) characters and some balance changes for USF2 I don't see why MK2/UMK3/MKT couldn't get a similar treatment.

I would honestly take MK Arcade Collection again if they could give it the netcode MKX/I2 uses lol
Honestly MKAK wouldn't be bad if it got GGPO netcode and released for next gen consoles. That's the two main things I want. Great netcode and on next gens.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Honestly MKAK wouldn't be bad if it got GGPO netcode and released for next gen consoles. That's the two main things I want. Great netcode and on next gens.
Same here. I never played the actual arcade versions growing up just home ports on consoles so the MKAK was actually step up from what I was used to in many ways lol