What's new

Releasing UMK3 or MKT with MK11?

Would you want this?

• Total voters

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Honestly MKAK wouldn't be bad if it got GGPO netcode and released for next gen consoles. That's the two main things I want. Great netcode and on next gens.
Same here. I never played the actual arcade versions growing up just home ports on consoles so the MKAK was actually step up from what I was used to in many ways lol
I played the PC versions of MK1, MK2 and MK3 which were the best home ports of these games at the time (I also played MK1 at the arcades), and MK3 on PC was pretty much identical to it's arcade port. I also played UMK3 at the arcades, but I didn't get that many chances to play it because I didn't had it at home. I would really love to play MKAK on the current gen consoles.

UMK3 HD Remake+ Balance updates & playable netcode is the dream.
Best quote ever, that´s the dream for all UMK3 Players... specialy the part of "PLAYABLE NETCODE".. if they think to work like the netcode of killer instinct.. that´s more than a dream

Honestly MKAK wouldn't be bad if it got GGPO netcode and released for next gen consoles. That's the two main things I want. Great netcode and on next gens.
YEAH!, graphics is not the goal.. i meant: would be nice to see new graphics of UMK3, but in the end what it´s really matters is: Netcode and a Next Gen Console, because everybody is now using online matches and is not like beofre where you used to go to your friend´s house and have a meeting with others and fight all the day or night, this days is just fight and fight online..

BTW they definitely should add MKAK to the retro xbox 360 on the xbox one.. that´s would be nice (At least) netcode sucks, but at least could be at the next gen consoles

That would be good, but what I would like more personally is to have UMK3 in a bundle with a few more old MK games as part of the 25th anniversary that is coming up really soon (October 8th, to be exact). The games I thought should be included in this bundle are:

1) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
2) Mortal Kombat 4
3) Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
4) Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.
omg
vanilla mk1 arcade player here.
when 25 year anniversary comes i am definitely getting old lol. i was 12 when the mk1 machine arrived the arcade...
well, i like your idea but why not mk1 and mk2 aswell?
mk1
mk2
umk3
mk4

mkda? nah that wasnt mk anymore ;D

Roy Arkon

omg
vanilla mk1 arcade player here.
when 25 year anniversary comes i am definitely getting old lol. i was 12 when the mk1 machine arrived the arcade...
well, i like your idea but why not mk1 and mk2 aswell?
mk1
mk2
umk3
mk4

mkda? nah that wasnt mk anymore ;D
That's because MK1 and MK2 already made it in MKAK. Other MK games post UMK3 should also get the spotlight, it's about the 25th anniversary for the whole series, and the 3D MK games are also huge part of the series. In fact MKDA and MK Vs. DC were the best 3D MK game gameplay wise (as they both had tournies in the past, and MK Vs. DC was like the prototype for MK9), while MKD and MKA had the better content overall I picked MKDA because that sounds the most suitable to this collection. Also MKSM was a great game as well, and the action games should be included as well, as again, it's the 25th anniversary of the whole series.

That's because MK1 and MK2 already made it in MKAK. Other MK games post UMK3 should also get the spotlight, it's about the 25th anniversary for the whole series, and the 3D MK games are also huge part of the series. In fact MKDA and MK Vs. DC were the best 3D MK game gameplay wise (as they both had tournies in the past, and MK Vs. DC was like the prototype for MK9), while MKD and MKA had the better content overall I picked MKDA because that sounds the most suitable to this collection. Also MKSM was a great game as well, and the action games should be included as well, as again, it's the 25th anniversary of the whole series.
mkak sucks and its online not playable

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
This would be a dream come true if they would do this.

Do you know it would be 25 years of Mortal Kombat this year. 25 YEARS!!!!

I was just thinking this yesterday when I stopped in a shop and saw a old MKII cabinet and the memories just flooded me. It was beyond nostalgic. This is is what's missing on every console and shops around the world.

Yeah. NRS bring back the old Midway titles!!!!
Give us MKT or UMK3!!!!
Let me play on the Pit 3 with the original pit 3 stage music from MK3 my #1 All time favorite Mortal Kombat Game.

Port over the 3D games too. Give us Kai, Jarek, Reiko, Drahmin, Li Mei, Nitara, Shujinko, Darrius, Havik... Give us all of them and ALL THE STAGES!!!! The OG music and the lagacy of those games that made you get this far and pushing you forward into the future.

Give the fans who still remember the days of making our last quarter count on your cabinets and going to rinky dink meetups with friends after school and on the weekend playing in the arcades till it closed.

Give us some old titles back NRS.

It's been Almost 25 years in the making.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Honestly I'd rather have UMK9 than anything even though I'm a big MKT fan and MK-UMK3 fan.

Tweedy

Noob
Be honest.

Is UMK3 actually a good game or is it like MK9 where a lot of people started with it and they have nostalgic glasses that make them love an awful game.

Roy Arkon

Be honest.

Is UMK3 actually a good game or is it like MK9 where a lot of people started with it and they have nostalgic glasses that make them love an awful game.
You are both right and wrong. UMK3 and MK9 were both great games, but people indeed wanna put the nostalgic glasses and claim that MK9 is better then MKX. Not sure what they claim about UMK3 in comparison to let's say MK2 though.

MK2 was the very first MK game I've ever played, and MK9 was the first game that I've played on q higher level, yet I don't say that UMK3 or MKX or any other MK is worse automatically.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Be honest.

What do you mean by "Good Game?" as in fun to play and I spent most of my middle school through college years still playing it then yea. There some broken stuff in the game (not as broken as MK3) but it was hella fun to play.

And the game came out in the mid 90's there going to be nostalgic glasses with it along with anything people grew up playing, watching, or going.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I would rather them take a smaller approach, like a downloadable port of MKT/UMK3 (with GGPO) for this next release, while they work on either a new IP, longer for a new MK, or content for INJ2.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Again, this doesn't HAVE to be a bundle with MK11, just a suggestion based off the success of CoD Modern Warfare Remastered bundled with CoD Infinite.

It could also be a standalone thing, as I said much like the 3rd Strike Online release. I think most people would like Mortal Kombat Trilogy, considering it's a lot of people's favorites and it never got a re-release and was never able to be played online outside of a shitty emulator. The only problem is it would have to be the N64 version and they would need to ban Noob for ranked play. Or at least have the option to search with him banned like they had with Akuma in HDR. He was banned in ranked by default iirc but you could check a box to allow him before you searched. You would definitely need to do that for Noob, he's one of the most broken characters in fighting game history, lol.

But to me it doesn't matter of it's UMK3 or MKT, or hell even BOTH! The clasics just need a re-release on next gen consoles and PC desperately. There's really no way to currently play them reliably or conveniently and certainly no way to play them with good netcode. There's tons of new young players that never got to experience games like UMK3 competitively. It would be great and fun for these guys, whether they take it seriously or not, just to experience what started it all for competitive MK would be great!