What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
that kinda sux then :/, aside from doing things like s2 into trait b2 into trait, things like that, u could just backdash most of it couldnt you? also what about mb b3?
yeah imma start tacking on mb df3 at the end of stuff too, just to keep people guessing.

btw, f21~mb db3 jails, and u get a good chunk of chip on it, so ill have to remember that.
Midscreen it's decent, in the corner trait pressure becomes pretty oppressive because backdashing in the corner is risky.

This is more of a conditioning tool than anything but sometimes I throw the mb stars out during block strings to condition them not to backdash and other times the safe mb lunge. His pressure is all about conditioning, staggers, baiting and punishing if anything rather than actual plus frames.

His only actual plus frames are his mine, b1,3 and 323.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Midscreen it's decent, in the corner trait pressure becomes pretty oppressive because backdashing in the corner is risky.

This is more of a conditioning tool than anything but sometimes I throw the mb stars out during block strings to condition them not to backdash and other times the safe mb lunge. His pressure is all about conditioning, staggers, baiting and punishing if anything rather than actual plus frames.

yeah, alright, so just keep em guessing and don't get too predictable.

but yeah f21~mbdb3 is a nice gauranteed chunk of chip.

Last edited:

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.

Haven't tried his mb Stars to condition backdashes. Couldn't they just poke out of it? Will test when I get home.

Crusty

Haven't tried his mb Stars to condition backdashes. Couldn't they just poke out of it? Will test when I get home.
They probably can but even if that is the case, they eat the trait if they guess wrong.

Bender

They probably can but even if that is the case, they eat the trait if they guess wrong.
Unless it's 11, I think they'd poke out the trait too. 22 sometimes trades with d1,but I think 6 frame d1 is free

I run into more players who poke out trait than backdash

Crusty

Unless it's 11, I think they'd poke out the trait too. 22 sometimes trades with d1,but I think 6 frame d1 is free

I run into more players who poke out trait than backdash
Well that's the thing, even though every normal or string other than 1,1 into trait has a gap, the opponent has to know whether the gap can be backdashed out of or poked out of. Though backdashes beat most of them midscreen, in the corner its not advised.

Bender

Well that's the thing, even though every normal or string other than 1,1 into trait has a gap, the opponent has to know whether the gap can be backdashed out of or poked out of. Though backdashes beat most of them midscreen, in the corner its not advised.
It works off of b2, f12 and 3 with no gap. Gonna add that into my pressure for sure, good find!

Also 11 and 112

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It's a good frame trap in the corner. It's more advantagous the further you do it. So plus that you can jail a 3,2
ah, so i can still use it midscreen to frame trap with lunge then? because thats kinda been most of the midscreen meta i've been doing with him, making them guess between mb lunge and b23.

This character is fucking broken.

In the meantime, how do I beat him? What's the best way to interrupt strings into mine? Does he have any safe ways to do string into mine or do I always have an option?

Crusty

In the meantime, how do I beat him? What's the best way to interrupt strings into mine? Does he have any safe ways to do string into mine or do I always have an option?
Any string red hood does becomes a mixup between his trait and a mine. In theory both are punishable but the different timings required to punish make it a guess. The only way to deal with mines is a hard read.

Strings into mine are super unsafe, but like I said, a good red hood will never let you know when the bomb is coming and though the character has gaps in his offense, which are all backdashable other than 11 into trait, but if you’re backdashing, you’re not punishing him. Not to mention escaping mines are character dependent.

If you’re not poking out, you’re letting him get away with murder.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

D1 special punish or a good advancing string so you don't get hit by the mine after, which happens a lot and is extremely frustrating.
But everything he does is a 50/50 into either mine, mine instant MB, trait rekkas, lethal lunge MB, finish the string

Any string red hood does becomes a mixup between his trait and a mine. In theory both are punishable but the different timings required to punish make it a guess. The only way to deal with mines is a hard read.

Strings into mine are super unsafe, but like I said, a good red hood will never let you know when the bomb is coming and though the character has gaps in his offense, which are all backdashable other than 11 into trait, but if you’re backdashing, you’re not punishing him. Not to mention escaping mines are character dependent.

If you’re not poking out, you’re letting him get away with murder.
D1 special punish or a good advancing string so you don't get hit by the mine after, which happens a lot and is extremely frustrating.
But everything he does is a 50/50 into either mine, mine instant MB, trait rekkas, lethal lunge MB, finish the string
ahhh I gotcha. i was experimenting with WoWo and doing d1 xx Charge on everything since she'd dash out of what way of anything after.

Good to know about the trait thing. I never even considered that,

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Maybe 22 into shield toss would punish? Or try her D3? It might low profile a lot of options.
But yeah this character is busted, his back dive wake up is ridiculous, especially the mb option to shoot guns