What's new

Realistic predictions of MK12's roster

lol imagine thinking Sonya is replaceable. I like Cassie, but she's no Sonya.
Every character is replaceable, it's just a matter of how well that would go.

A lot of the new/younger characters from Mortal Kombat XL I'm confident were tests to see just that, since they fill the same role as several veteran characters.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Replace the OGs! Or at least let them sit a game out. Roster has been feeling same-y this era. As long as the name is Mortal Kombat and they have Scorpion and Sub Zero, it's gonna move units. They can afford to take more risks with the roster

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Replace the OGs! Or at least let them sit a game out. Roster has been feeling same-y this era. As long as the name is Mortal Kombat and they have Scorpion and Sub Zero, it's gonna move units. They can afford to take more risks with the roster
I completely disagree with this - it would be a stupid move. Characters are very important to people. If you had most of the characters from MK1 / 2 out, the game, it would likely struggle with sales. Capcom made that mistake with SF3 which lost money and damaged the brand which never saw the broad appeal it did at the time.

The game needs to include popular core legacy characters (Raiden / Scorp / SZ / Kit / JC / LK etc). I did not like MK11 at all, so I have to admit, if Kitana was not in MK12, I would likely not buy the game. The only reason I would buy it if she was out would be if Ashrah and Li Mei were in as they were my MKD mains.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I completely disagree with this - it would be a stupid move. Characters are very important to people. If you had most of the characters from MK1 / 2 out, the game, it would likely struggle with sales. Capcom made that mistake with SF3 which lost money and damaged the brand which never saw the broad appeal it did at the time.

The game needs to include popular core legacy characters (Raiden / Scorp / SZ / Kit / JC / LK etc). I did not like MK11 at all, so I have to admit, if Kitana was not in MK12, I would likely not buy the game. The only reason I would buy it if she was out would be if Ashrah and Li Mei were in as they were my MKD mains.
That's fair and I understand but this generation of MK is a different beast entirely compared to third strike. MK can thrive on name alone and is rivaled only by smash bros.

And even the 3d era moved millions of copies and we see how everyone bad mouths that era. Going by my group of friends who are casuals of MK have more of a gripe with 11s gameplay than who is or isn't in. MK is in such a good spot of gaming fighting game wise cause they're more spectacle so they can take more risks. I love this franchise and I don't want it to stagnate.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I don't think any roster is realistic considering how mk11 turned out however there are some names that would surprise me if they didn't return:
Reptile
Ermac
Smoke
Havik (was rumored for mk11)
Reiko (his role in the comics shows his potential)
Sareena or ashrah or both
Cyrax (hopefully)
Sub
Scorp
Kung lao
Jax or Kai
Kitana
Mileena

Everyone else is up in the air imo.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I’m not qualified at all in design, tho I hope so, Motaro is badass looking

Challenging? looks like it, tho as long as Motaro reacts to everything it seems doable
If anything, Kronika was basically Motaro

-A lot of special attacks and combos don't work on her
-She's immune to Fatal Blows
-She's immune to throws
-Her mobility depends almost exclusively on teleporting

MK3 Motaro!