What's new

Realistic predictions of MK12's roster

Go! Let's predict the base roster only and stick to a realistic number (24-25) and not get all crazy, especially with next-gen or even with both generations of consoles as SF6 likely proven to be more challenging and time-consuming to create characters than ever before.

So with that being said, feel free to say why you feel it's a likely roster - per character or for the whole roster. If you feel like base roster is more, at least don't go overboard w/ 30-40 characters, including DLC etc.

So here's mine, basing it on the likelihood that it's again a time travel shenanigans story and NRS unable to move past the parents-children dynamic:
  1. Liu Kang
  2. Raiden
  3. Kano
  4. Sonya
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Kung Lao (Great maybe, but will be called KL regardless)
  7. Scorpion
  8. Sub-Zero
  9. Mileena
  10. Kitana
  11. Cassie Cage
  12. Jacqui Briggs
  13. Quan Chi
  14. Takeda
  15. Kenshi
  16. Reiko
  17. Reptile
  18. D'Vorah
  19. Sareena
  20. Tremor
  21. NEW
  22. NEW
  23. NEW
  24. NEW
  25. Kintaro (Pre-order Bonus)
Boss: New one

Last edited:
Around late 20's base roster, mk1+the mk2 characters that never go away (Jax, Kitana, Lao)
Characters that sat out MK11 and/or X while the new/surprise characters in 11 don't come back
a sparse handful of 3D Era Characters, most likely the ones that suck like Reiko
guest characters
Some new junk

Rinse and Repeat.

The coolest thing about those fake MK12 rumors is that the roster is jacked, stacked and packed. The standard NRS roster will be pretty disappointing in comparison.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
In order of likleyhood
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Johnny Cage
  5. Jax
  6. Liu Kang
  7. Mileena
  8. Sonya
  9. Noob Saibot
  10. Jacqui Briggs
  11. Reptile
  12. Kung Lao
  13. Ermac
  14. Kenshi
  15. Kabal
  16. Kitana
  17. Quan Chi
  18. Shang Tsung
  19. Kano
  20. Smoke
  21. Kotal Khan
  22. Sareena
  23. Sindel
  24. Baraka
  25. Cyrax
  26. Sektor
Personally I would like to see Ashrah, Tanya and Li Mei on that list!!!

Pizza

Thrill Kill
My list:

1. Liu Kang
  2. Scorpion
  3. Sub-Zero
  4. Kano
  5. Sonya
  6. Raiden
  7. Shang Tsung
  8. Jax
  9. Kitana
  10. Mileena
  11. Reptile
  12. Jade
  13. Baraka
  14. Kung Lao
  15. Johnny Cage
  16. Tanya
  17. Reiko
  18. Quan Chi
  19. Sektor
  20. Cyrax
  21. Cyber-Smoke
  22. Kenshi
  23. Ermac
  24. Hotaru
  25. Havik
  26. Fujin
DLC:

Mortal Kombat Characters Pack: Shinnok, Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no way in hell that they will let Mileena out of the main and initial roster this time ..... I'm pretty sure that Ed Boon does not want to have that fucking massive Twitter harassment from the Milenna fanboys stans, so, she will be 100% guaranteed on MK12

Also, the 7 originals from MK1, Cage, Liu, Kano, Subby , Scorpion , Raiden and Sonya, will be, because they have been preseting in the new games, MK9 until MK11 , until now, so, NRS will not have balls to take them out

Kung Lao and Jax are presenting since MK9, so, they will come up, surely

Reptile, Kenshi, Smoke, Ermac, Quan Chi and Stryker will come , due the logical premise that they were absent last game, so, they will come up too

Kitana will be as well, due the Kitana Kahn lore

Sektor and Cyrax are fan favorites , and were non playable last game, so, they will return

Havik, almost was DLC last game, and has a huge fan demand stuff running on , so, he will be in the next game

So, my safe bet are these ones, any other character from the MK universe that come, and new characters , are welcome to the next game

Cannot wait for the official anouncement next year, we need a new MK game , that's for sure !

Mk1 and Mk2 rosters should be the base roster of every new Mk game. Us old guys that were actually playing these games in the arcades just want to play our favorite characters from the start and don't have the time/energy to start learning a whole new character 2 years after a new game drops, as was the case with Mileena. They OWE it to us!!!

Also:

Last edited:

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I'm sure that next to Sub and Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke, and Quan Chi will be in the game. Ermac, too, probably. These are most likely a lock.

Who else do I want and see realistically come back?
  • Raiden
  • Shinnok
  • Shao Kahn
  • Liu Kang
  • Shang Tsung
  • Goro
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kitana
  • Mileena
  • Sonya OR Cassie
  • Takeda
  • Havik
  • a Cyber Ninja
  • 3D era character 2 (hopefully Onaga)
  • New character
  • New character 2
  • New character 3
Who won't make it this time? HOPEFULLY Jacqui Briggs. Probably Jax or Kano, one of the two. Kollektor, Kotal Kahn, Baraka, and Cetrion.

DLC: D'Vorah, Geras, Noob, and a sh*t ton of guests.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I dunno about how realistic it is, but I would like all MK Universe and no guests... I'd like 1/3rd at least of the roster to be new and the rest a mix of classic and modern era, with only a few 3d era

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Stryker has no chance. Terrible character.
Stryker is awesome. Just as he had a lame version in MK9 dose not stop the fact that he is a boss level character in MK. MK is so far in its own lore that a true local earth realm fish out of water charicter is just what the new game needs!!

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
1- Scorpion
2- Sub-Zero
3- Raiden
4- Liu Kang
5- Kung Lao
6- Mileena
7- Kitana
8- Jade
9- Sindel
10- Ermac
11- Reptile
12- Noob
13- Smoke
14- Tremor
15- Rain
16- D’vorah
17- Nitara
18- Reiko
19- Havik
20- Geras (really dont think he will make it, but one can dream)
21-24 - New characters
25- Onaga (unlockable boss)

Really hope they ditch the special forces and kombat kids plot for the next game, many big names already sat one game out, they can do the same for sonya, johnny etc (although I wouldn’t mind them being dlc, im just tired of seeing the same thing over and over in story mode)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Stryker is awesome. Just as he had a lame version in MK9 dose not stop the fact that he is a boss level character in MK. MK is so far in its own lore that a true local earth realm fish out of water charicter is just what the new game needs!!
What do you think of his Armageddon look? Something high-tech/futuristic. His original design in MK3 made him look like a mall cop.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
It will be same putrid rehash, but my wish list would be...

The Great Kung Lao (Spirit released by Ermac, the baby face of the story)
Cassie Cage (Sonya/Johnny Dead)
Reiko (merked both Sub n Scorp f these clowns)
New Cryomancer
New Spectre
Bae Kitana (with mk9 bosom for ultra thirst)
Sindel (see above)
A half Saurian/Half Shokan Character. Reptile got his freak on with Sheeva. Need to think wild to turn this crap around.
Human Raiden (Thank the Gods he knows how to fight.)
Noon Saibot
Skarlet
Nitara (Skarlet Arch Nemesis, she wants to enslave her for unlimited feastings)
Fire God Liu Kang End Game Boss (Corrupted by the One Being) Unplayable
Havik Redo, but yea a Chaos Realm Priest
Enenra (Smoke's Final Form)
Mileena (Quell the crying preemptively)
Unit 5- New Lin Kuei Cyborg Leader, was a pupil to Sektor
Onaga, right hand man to Fire God Kang. (Unplayable Sub-Boss)
Introduction of a new sorcerer on the level of a Quan/Shang
3-4 completely new roster characters.

Basically push this story forward and have some nuts. Figure it on, youre the ones getting paid.

Espio

Kokomo
I feel pretty confident that these two will be holding it down as they have since MK2:

Aside from them, Scorpion, Sub-Zero....I don't know who to expect. NRS has made this a multiverse type of timeline story matters even less for formulating the next roster. NRS' pattern has been to include the kids without leaving the parents out and I suspect that won't be changing. I also suspect we will be getting Kintaro making his return as he has been the only Shokan not playable at all during this current cycle of NRS titles. We got Sheeva twice, Goro once and no Kintaro yet. I actually expect the roster to be smaller though...probably closer to 18 than some of what we are used to seeing. I'd be fine with that if we can get a roster that is more distinct, more playstyle driven.

Other than the more obvious characters that’ll return (sub, scorp, cage family) I think the more interesting ones will be:

-Havik. He is so painfully due. I would bet money he will be in.
-sareena or ashrah have a good chance. Kinda taking the surprise female frost/starlet roster type spot
-reiko would not surprise me
-Kotal Kahn will sit out.
-I could see d’vorah sitting out. Killed off in a cutscene even.
-Kano will most likely sit out.
-reptile, Ermac, sector, and cyrax are all very likely.
-I could see smoke being the rain of mk 12. Highly requested but later dlc
-Takeda and Kenshi are very likely

Not trying to hate on characters but personally I’d like to see Sonya sit out, or Cassie or jaqui. I’d be fine if sub and scorp sat out too. Or lui and raiden. Other characters need the spotlight and when the above mentioned ones return it’ll be all the more hype.

Go! Let's predict the base roster only and stick to a realistic number (24-25) and not get all crazy, especially with next-gen or even with both generations of consoles as SF6 likely proven to be more challenging and time-consuming to create characters than ever before.

So with that being said, feel free to say why you feel it's a likely roster - per character or for the whole roster. If you feel like base roster is more, at least don't go overboard w/ 30-40 characters, including DLC etc.

So here's mine, basing it on the likelihood that it's again a time travel shenanigans story and NRS unable to move past the parents-children dynamic:
  1. Liu Kang
  2. Raiden
  3. Kano
  4. Sonya
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Kung Lao (Great maybe, but will be called KL regardless)
  7. Scorpion
  8. Sub-Zero
  9. Mileena
  10. Kitana
  11. Cassie Cage
  12. Jacqui Briggs
  13. Quan Chi
  14. Takeda
  15. Kenshi
  16. Reiko
  17. Reptile
  18. D'Vorah
  19. Sareena
  20. Tremor
  21. NEW
  22. NEW
  23. NEW
  24. NEW
  25. Kintaro (Pre-order Bonus)
Boss: New one
Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, and D'vorah for three games in a row but no Jade? Hmmmm interesting. I would argue Jade is more popular then these characters and people were outraged at her exclusion from MKX. Granted she was in the game in a sense with Kitana's variation. I just can't see all 3 of these girls coming back again but you left off Kotal and Erron. I personally would like to see ALL of these characters gone in MK12 but not sure if that is completely realistic....but you never know. They've all been in two games in a row....all of them could possibly be put to rest!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Idk, hard to say. Especially when we have no idea at all what the story is going to be, the timeline, anything. We have zero information. So, my predictions will just be all the OG’s and favorites. Some that were in MK11 but also some that weren’t. And this will be a list of all characters, so including DLC. I think when it’s all said and done, MK12 will have a roster of 40 playable characters (only 3 more than what MK11 has).

Anyway, here it is:

1. Scorpion

2. Sub-Zero

3. Human Smoke

4. Ermac

5. Reptile

6. Noob Saibot

7. Rain

8. Jade

9. Kitana

10. Mileena

11. Sonya

12. Johnny Cage

13. Kano

14. Liu Kang

15. Jax

16. Raiden

17. Kung Lao

18. Cyrax

19. Sektor

20. Kabal

21. Nightwolf

22. Sindel

23. Fujin

24. Quan Chi

25. Shinnok

26. Kenshi

27. Sareena

28. Havik

29. Skarlet

30. D’Vorah

31. Kotal Kahn

32. Geras

33. New Character

34. New Character

35. New Character

36. New Character

37. New Character

38. Guest Character

39. Guest Character

40. Guest Character

So yeah, nothing crazy. Honestly, all I want is Human Smoke and I’ll be good.