What's new

REAL Cyrax Matchup Chart

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
I agree. There's too much difference of opinion. But these numbers make the most sense to me.

5-5 even (obviously)
6-4 slight advantage (why bother with .5's?)
7-3 genuine advantage
8-2 big advantage (will win the lion-share of matches i.e. heavily stacked in your favour)
9-1 almost unbeatable (doesn't exist in this game)
10-0 (no)
People are too stuck up in the numbers to have any consensus. It'd be better at this point to just scrap numbers all together and just use letters or something else.

Like a D-D matchup being even, a C-E being slight advantage B-F being advantage, and A-G being large advantage.

But people like numbers so I doubt that wil ever be possible.

NKZero

Noob
People are too stuck up in the numbers to have any consensus. It'd be better at this point to just scrap numbers all together and just use letters or something else.

Like a D-D matchup being even, a C-E being slight advantage B-F being advantage, and A-G being large advantage.

But people like numbers so I doubt that wil ever be possible.
numbers are easier to tally up in order to rank the characters. the main debate is as to whether we should use .5's or not. I personally don't like them but some do.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
CSZ vs Cyrax...I agree with it being 5-5. This matchup is more based on making fundamental reads IMO. CSZ can punish anytime Cyrax shoots something with dive kick on reaction and if it's blocked Cyrax has to use EX Ragdoll to punish, which is not worth it.

Cyrax wins in the damage department but CSZ was the POTENTIAL to make the same amount of damage but only if CSZ makes the correct guesses.

TL:DR who ever gets the life-lead will usually win.
Best looking match in the game :D
And a bit of an addition do not ever punish close bomb with divekick.
A smart Cyrax will stop zoning and start to go in for blockstring. Here csz gave soma advantage, but rax can outsmart him
with command throws and close bombs waiting for csz to get too aggressive and some goes for cyrax.
If he goes overly aggressive he will be trapped, where he can eat a combo, or get frozen.

It's definietly a 5-5 and very enjoyable.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
numbers are easier to tally up in order to rank the characters. the main debate is as to whether we should use .5's or not. I personally don't like them but some do.
You could still assign a numerical value to the various letters. With A being a 7, B-6, and so on.

NKZero

Noob
You could still assign a numerical value to the various letters. With A being a 7, B-6, and so on.
i dunno they are all the same. numbers are easier to deal with though and look better. anyways as i said, the only reason we all can't agree is because some ppl want .5's and some do not. the definitions of what a 6-4 means (for example) vary among players. is it slight advantage or considerable advantage? different answers according to different ppl.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile: 4-6 - Why exactly do you feel that this is a 4-6? I would think 5-5 for sure as one blocked Elbow Dash is the end of the lil green guy.
People put way too much stock in blocking an elbow dash. It's not going to be used to attack very often.

I don't even consider this in Reptile's favor. It's really even to me. Why you think it's 4-6 Reptile, Mustard?

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I think I put just enough stock in blocking an elbow dash. Especially after seeing Maxter blow up Chris G *every* round off of a blocked Elbow Dash.

I dont think that alone puts it is Rax's favor. I think it's even. I was just asking the same question you did.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
People put way too much stock in blocking an elbow dash. It's not going to be used to attack very often.

I don't even consider this in Reptile's favor. It's really even to me. Why you think it's 4-6 Reptile, Mustard?
i said earlier in the thread, granted i dont have as much matchup experience against reptile as i should, so it might just be one of those matchups that i personally dont like.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
i said earlier in the thread, granted i dont have as much matchup experience against reptile as i should, so it might just be one of those matchups that i personally dont like.
I feel the same way sometimes, but i have a question, how do you feel about scorpion-cyrax? I play scorpion and i felt like it was even, but a couple other people argued that its 6-4 in scorpions favor because if i read a bomb or net then i get a teleport and then a vortex mixup. But i felt like it was even because cyrax has his own vortex like loop with his c-grab and if i guess wrong i lose 70%

joemabob

Noob
Then you obviously haven't played a half decent Cyrax. Add me on xbox and I'll show you why its 5-5.
lol ok ill add you but cyrax is my main and i play with blak felow reptile and hes got one of best reptiles and its so hard to get in with cyrax and shit

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Made slight adjustments to match ups and added color. I'm also having a hard time not putting 5.5-4.5 for all you nay sayers.

Glass Sword

Nobody
As a player who plays Scorpion I have to ask how is the match up even. I have been told this by several good players and I just don't know why. It seems to be against Scorpion because Scorpion has really fancy animations. For example when I fought I rolled backwards after a takedown into a bomb once after being put in a getto reset. Not to mention hellfire is an even bigger gamble in the matchup because Scorpion stands in one place for so long. It is just Scorpion is really unsafe and meter does not come easily to him it just strikes me as the type of matchup Cyrax would love to have.

^^^^
Yeah there's no way in hell Cyrax Scorpion is even. Scorpion is a character that relies on taking big risks that don't offer nearly as much reward as Cyrax gets with the reset/60 percent 1 bar/unbreakables . Even if Scorp plays safe what is he going to do in that match up better than Cyrax?

disagree with sonya and liu kang matchups i feel like sonya destroys cyarx and liu is atleast even due to the zoning

NariTuba

disMember
As a player who plays Scorpion I have to ask how is the match up even. I have been told this by several good players and I just don't know why. It seems to be against Scorpion because Scorpion has really fancy animations. For example when I fought I rolled backwards after a takedown into a bomb once after being put in a getto reset. Not to mention hellfire is an even bigger gamble in the matchup because Scorpion stands in one place for so long. It is just Scorpion is really unsafe and meter does not come easily to him it just strikes me as the type of matchup Cyrax would love to have.
I think what it is its that if you play an all out risky scorpion making good reads on you it can be a scary thing. He CAN kill you with two right guesses after all. Cyrax cannot throw nets and the footsie battle comes down to his d4 vs Cyrax d4 (Cyrax' is better)

I could see Cyrax having some advantage, but not much

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Agree or Disagree? Post your opinions.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
6-4 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
6-4 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
??? vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
From what i've read...

Cyrax can't beat Kenshi,Jax,Ermac(lol),Jade(again lol),Reptile and Scorpion...

Not getting into that.

But i will say...

Kabal MU is 4-6 and this matchup is very winnable but you have to play it carefully, same with the kitana MU.
Also won't get into the newly discovered unbeatable Kenshi MU, im not gonna act like a i know something 99% of the community thinks they have right, got flamed last time i did even though i've had success against Kenshi.