What's new

General/Other - Ravenous Ravenous Variation General Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just cause i haven't seen it mentioned, since the patch jacqui got her buffs she can full combo punish high pounce on block now with standing 1,
so add her to the list

cassie - flip kick
kung lao - spin
jacqui - 1
jax - 1
radien - F1
liu kang - F1
reptile - ex slide
scorpion - D1
shinnok - D1, ex hellsparks
ermac - D1
kotal - D1, D4
goro- D1, D3
ferra/torr (lackey only) D1

I've officially fallen in love with the Ravenous variation. :)

Just sharing the enders that I use depending on the occasion:

• uncomfy with remaining life? -> end BnB's with B1-2-1+3
  • opponent is deadly upclose? -> end BnB's with d2 OR high pounce + extensions
  • opponent is manageable upclose? -> end BnB's with roll OR low pounce + extensions
  • YOU are cornered? -> end BnB's with high pounce + extensions (switches places)
  • Opponent is cornered? -> do NOT d2 (you'll switch places) unless damage is needed. otherwise, go for the healing ender OR low pounce + extensions. obviously, the high pounce + extensions ender will switch places and get you cornered instead. ;)
Dumb question:

My google fu in this board is not that great; how do I set those variation tags below your usernames? :(

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Opponent is cornered? -> do NOT d2 (you'll switch places) unless damage is needed
What do you mean? Her corner combos usually d2 then 4 low pounce
And most of her bnb after roll, ending combos with healing does the same damage as f23/b22 pounce
Edit: the only combo ended with healing does the same damage as pounce is: [something] roll, B34 air sai, B121+3 = 27% with naked roll. Most of others combos do less damage or don't allow B121+3 to hit, you will have to end with pounce.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Her corner combos usually d2 then 4 low pounce
And most of her bnb after roll, ending combos with healing does the same damage as f23/b22 pounce
If the opponent is already cornered and you do d2, they tend to flip over to the other side leaving you at the corner. Unless 4-> low pounce can catch the opponent as he is falling down from the d2? is that what you meant? if yes...then more lab time for me! hehe

as for the enders, you're right; the difference is almost negligible (1%). However, the distance and positioning bet. you and the opponent varies.

• The healing ender leaves the enemy at full screen away.
  • The high pounce ender swaps sides and I *think* the opponent is also left full screen away.
  • Low pounce ender isn't Piercing's b2-1-2+4 in the sense it's (almost) at perfect range for oki but it's there.

1man3letters

seen you say this before in a different thread,
your generally dropping 1% switching to the healing ender (unless your talking about super impractical combos like roll~telekick~air sai run b12 1+3)
more of her combos lose that % than dont, lose 2% in corner aswell by switching the roll d2,4~pounce to roll, run under b12 1+3
its only really the raw roll combos and a select few of the ex telekick combos that stay the same damage.

1man3letters

If the opponent is already cornered and you do d2, they tend to flip over to the other side leaving you at the corner. Unless 4-> low pounce can catch the opponent as he is falling down from the d2? is that what you meant? if yes...then more lab time for me! hehe
you run under them and do d2 at right time they wont fly out of corner then,

try 123~ex telekick, njp, 2, 123~roll, run under d2, 4~pounce extended

you run under them and do d2 at right time they wont fly out of corner then,

try 123~ex telekick, njp, 2, 123~roll, run under d2, 4~pounce extended
thanks...will try this out when I get to lab later. :)

Does Mileena gain the same amount of health back every time, or is there some modifier to how much she can get back?
OOooh. Imagine if we can mash buttons to leech more life. Even if damage remains the same, extra HP is extra HP. [evil laughter].

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
seen you say this before in a different thread,
your generally dropping 1% switching to the healing ender (unless your talking about super impractical combos like roll~telekick~air sai run b12 1+3)
more of her combos lose that % than dont, lose 2% in corner aswell by switching the roll d2,4~pounce to roll, run under b12 1+3
its only really the raw roll combos and a select few of the ex telekick combos that stay the same damage.
I'm sorry about wrong information. When I wrote that comment, I only did old bnbs that was not optimized. Roll, njp, B121+3 does 1% less than roll, njp f23 pounce (25% - 26%). But roll B34 air sai, run B121+3 does the same damage as F23 pounce (27%, but I think there is ~ 0.5% damage difference but the displayed number is rounded). It's impossible to hit b121+3 after roll, jump kick telekick air sai so I can't compare. And yes combos lose damage in the corner if ended with B121+3, it's just me who never uses that ender in corner combos so I didn't realize it. I should edit my post

1man3letters

I'm sorry about wrong information. When I wrote that comment, I only did old bnbs that was not optimized. Roll, njp, B121+3 does 1% less than roll, njp f23 pounce (25% - 26%). But roll B34 air sai, run B121+3 does the same damage as F23 pounce (27%, but I think there is ~ 0.5% damage difference but the displayed number is rounded). It's impossible to hit b121+3 after roll, jump kick telekick air sai so I can't compare. And yes combos lose damage in the corner if ended with B121+3, it's just me who never uses that ender in corner combos so I didn't realize it. I should edit my post
its not impossible, just impractical , does 36% if was off 123

TRi4L N 3ЯЯ0R

The world doesn't adjust to you.
Also, can someone check if low pounce has a brutality now? It would be the perfect move for a brutality with either broken off arms or head smashed by booty lol
Just noted this guy got his wish, he needs to make more wishes in our buff thread. Haha, I think we should clean this post up overall since many of the pages are outdated moves that no longer work, aside from some poststhat don't belong like my own post now. In fact, this Mileena forum needs to be cleaned up entirely from redundant and outdated information.

1man3letters

Just noted this guy got his wish, he needs to make more wishes in our buff thread. Haha, I think we should clean this post up overall since many of the pages are outdated moves that no longer work, aside from some poststhat don't belong like my own post now. In fact, this Mileena forum needs to be cleaned up entirely from redundant and outdated information.
sure f3 is only the real thing that changed that means mileena cant do something see could before (besides f44 corner combos in very early patch)

TRi4L N 3ЯЯ0R

The world doesn't adjust to you.
sure f3 is only the real thing that changed that means mileena cant do something see could before (besides f44 corner combos in very early patch)
True, guess not too much has changed, but like your info on pokes that beat pounce on block would be good as the first post, maybe a live-post that deletes the posts after the following posters' change/recommendation is implemented or stay if it contributes uniquely in the thread? Too much work, maybe. I don't know, I just feel like there are a lot of stickies with overlapping information that sometimes contain gold nuggets of info, like your pokes, in a slew of posts.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Hahaha wow I never realized I predicted that. Well, I wish that low pounce could tick throw after F23 and F12 :rolleyes:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
how often do people punish you guys for doing high pounce (against character that can punish it) I know Cassie can just punish it by mashing flip kick but other characters like raiden and liu kang have to time it a little better

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
how often do people punish you guys for doing high pounce (against character that can punish it) I know Cassie can just punish it by mashing flip kick but other characters like raiden and liu kang have to time it a little better
They have 2 frames to press their 6 frame standing jab to punish high pounce. It's not that hard, it takes some match experience against ravenous and you'll be punished every single time. It's like I'm used to the timing of Johnny's ex nut punch now and I can use Cassie's B1 to punish it every single time my friend uses it (that's 1 or 2 frame window too)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
If only if you could put her mask on with this variation....... :confused:. I'm going to have to main this variation because I like my mixups.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
If only if you could put her mask on with this variation....... :confused:. I'm going to have to main this variation because I like my mixups.
Welcome to the dark side. Her pretty face and sharp teeth are the best parts of this variation. ;)

No but seriously those are literally the best parts until we get our tick throws.

So I've looked into some Ravenous recently, and I'm starting to think there's no reason NOT to end all combos with healing. Sure you may drop a bit of damage, but if you gain life with every combo + far knockdown that seems to more than make up for it. Thoughts?

Last edited: