What's new

General/Other - Ravenous Ravenous Variation General Discussion

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I played Ravenous maybe twice and kept getting my Throw enders mixed up, lol. Ethereal is my second best, but I still have move placement issues to iron out. EX Fade is my favorite move now, so I have to figure out how to make the most of it.
Yeah Ethereal is a strong wild card, if your opponent is catching you on everything switching to this can really get them.

I've had, "wow never even seen that variation before" type of deal.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Are there any matchups where Ravenous would be recommended over Piercing?
Any character that F12 whiffs on lol or characters that you find it hard to land sadistic way ender
Kitana....hmm I think.... she has "omg wtf nerf plz" unbreakable damage so you will ex roll her a lot. Ravenous ex roll combos are 2-3% more damaging than Piercing. But low sai can duck under fans so choosing Piercing is not bad. But...if you can react doing low sai to dodge fans I think you can react telekick and punish her too

Yoaks

A spaceman
Is it because of Damage? Low Sai doesn't work vs Cyber Kano's knives, so there's that. But I'd imagine you'd want B21 and B12 in that MU wouldn't you?
Quan I have no idea, but he doesn't seem like the kind of character you want to zone.
Mainly for the healing and easier damage for me. Definitely can't zone either one tho. And they both heavily outfootsie her too. I think for these mu's Ravenous has the better comeback factor.

Mainly for the healing and easier damage for me. Definitely can't zone either one tho. And they both heavily outfootsie her too. I think for these mu's Ravenous has the better comeback factor.
Fair enough. I used to think the healing was a non-factor, since you only get like 5% it seems, but after watching your set vs Espio's Kitana I can see how in a very "honest" kind of game that 5% could change the round.

Also I must say, after watching a lot of Saltface's matches, people must be really scared of something cause they eat Mileena's F4 like it's a buffet. I mean whaaat the fuck? That move should be suicide. Does nobody block low vs Mileena outside of the one guy I play the most?

Endding

Also I must say, after watching a lot of Saltface's matches, people must be really scared of something cause they eat Mileena's F4 like it's a buffet. I mean whaaat the fuck? That move should be suicide. Does nobody block low vs Mileena outside of the one guy I play the most?
100% of the people I face : (

Why they get hit with Low Pounce : )

Yeah 2~LP seems to be the most reliable.
To be fair, Saltface never commits to F4 combos. He just does F4~HP and hopes it connects. If not, it's not as bad on block, at the cost of some damage on hit.

Endding

Yeah 2~LP seems to be the most reliable.
To be fair, Saltface never commits to F4 combos. He just does F4~HP and hopes it connects. If not, it's not as bad on block, at the cost of some damage on hit.
Pretty much, I never cancel F4 ~ LP haha.

Really wish they add F12 ~ LP though, that would be fine.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Piercing and Ravenous, all in all, are pretty similar. Piercing gives you more range and zoning, Ravenous gives you more damage and pressure strings with high pounce.

Ethereal is the smartest switch because it plays entirely different. If you're a Mileena main, you BETTER know Ethereal. It can win you matches the other two struggle with.

Piercing and Ravenous, all in all, are pretty similar. Piercing gives you more range and zoning, Ravenous gives you more damage and pressure strings with high pounce.

Ethereal is the smartest switch because it plays entirely different. If you're a Mileena main, you BETTER know Ethereal. It can win you matches the other two struggle with.
Wha? If anything, Ethereal and Ravenous are the same aside from their specials. Piercing is the oddball because normals with sais. Getting used to Ethereal would've gone much smoother if I started with Ravenous and the lack of B12 and Low Sai

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Wha? If anything, Ethereal and Ravenous are the same aside from their specials. Piercing is the oddball because normals with sais. Getting used to Ethereal would've gone much smoother if I started with Ravenous and the lack of B12 and Low Sai
For me, I consider them about the same because of basic combo mentality. You're either ending with a pounce, or sadistic ways more times than not. You combo, xxx, into a pounce or sadistic ways a lot of the time for damage.

Ethereal however, adds an ENTIRELY new element (and likewise, play style) to her gameplay.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Does anyone here have trouble with B2 low pounce? If I do it as fast as I normally would for any cancel I get B2 Roll. The only way I can get B2 low pounce is if I wait a second between the B2 and low pounce, but that's a little inconsistent for me too. Also, I've tried changing all of my controller options.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Does anyone here have trouble with B3 low pounce? If I do it as fast as I normally would for any cancel I get B3 Roll. The only way I can get B3 low pounce is if I wait a second between the B3 and low pounce, but that's a little inconsistent for me too. Also, I've tried changing all of my controller options.
Is that a tick throw setup? Why would u do B3 low pounce? I never heard of that

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Is that supposed to be a corner combo? Why not do Roll, J3~Tele~Air Sai, B22~Low Pounce? Easier and does one percent more damage.
I was trying B22 but I would have to run cancel before and it would be a little inconsistent. B2 by itself you don't need to run cancel.

I could just be missing something, so I'll try B22 again today. Thanks guys

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I was trying B22 but I would have to run cancel before and it would be a little inconsistent. B2 by itself you don't need to run cancel.

I could just be missing something, so I'll try B22 again today. Thanks guys
I'm not even sure how you'd land that other combo midscreen. Seems impossible.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
For the combo roll JI4 xx TK xx Air Sai B3 low pounce.
I'm going to assume that is meant to be B2 instead of B3 as the above combo is impossible to do. If I'm right in my assumption the best advice I can give you is input B2 let go of the direction then input low pounce. Hopefully you will find it easier

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
I'm going to assume that is meant to be B2 instead of B3 as the above combo is impossible to do. If I'm right in my assumption the best advice I can give you is input B2 let go of the direction then input low pounce. Hopefully you will find it easier
Wow I completely butchered my posts with B3 instead of B2 lol. I'll try that, thank you.
I'm not even sure how you'd land that other combo midscreen. Seems impossible.
I'll try to upload it to youtube and put it on here for you.