What's new

General/Other - Ravenous Ravenous Variation General Discussion

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
Just a small thing: Since her ex roll is (imo) her best tool, these strings are really good for meter building: "JI2 F12B4 high pounce" builds half a bar on block and is (kinda) safe against a lot of chars. "JI2 123 high pounce" builds about 30% of a bar on block.

Faust

Why you look like we?
Recently stumbled upon a good low pounce setup. F3,4,4,low pounce. In block it will tick throw into the command grab. What makes it better than the others (d3/d4/f1,2,b4/f4) is that it also combos on hit. Don't know whether this is common knowledge or not.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Recently stumbled upon a good low pounce setup. F3,4,4,low pounce. In block it will tick throw into the command grab. What makes it better than the others (d3/d4/f1,2,b4/f4) is that it also combos on hit. Don't know whether this is common knowledge or not.
i don't think the low pounce will connect ON ALL CHARACTERS if F344 is blocked.
And don't do F3 too much, people can see that coming and easily hit Mileena out of it

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Fun mind game, but this is still avoidable. Your opponent is just not standing to block after the F344. If they block the overhead(F3), then the low(4), and then stand up to block again (which they should, because she could be pulling out an EX roll for a mix-up at this point) they will avoid the pounce

Faust

Why you look like we?
Fun mind game, but this is still avoidable. Your opponent is just not standing to block after the F344. If they block the overhead(F3), then the low(4), and then stand up to block again (which they should, because she could be pulling out an EX roll for a mix-up at this point) they will avoid the pounce
Yeah I haven't tried it on all characters. Good point about the EX roll mix up causing players to stand block after the low, didn't think of that. To be fair I've only done this in training, so I'm not sure how viable a strategy it is.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Ravenous bite can now heal Mileena with each bite! Amazing addition imo. This gives us more if a reason to opt for bite rather than high or low pounce.

Also, can someone check if low pounce has a brutality now? It would be the perfect move for a brutality with either broken off arms or head smashed by booty lol

Last edited:

nodq

wicked
Rav Bite heal isn't that big, sometimes you dont even notice it on your bar actually. Frame data are the exact same on both pounces hit adv +5 and those crazy numbers like -149 during the extensions of a pounce combo. nothing changed there. Maybe just the data in menu hasnt changed but i cana lso not see any difference in her pounces so far. Only thing i noticed so far is that the "bite" jump seems to hit better, as they have changed some hitboxes etc.

Has anyone else tested some stuff on Rav mileena so far to get some explanations going on what has actually changed on her grabs?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Rav Bite heal isn't that big, sometimes you dont even notice it on your bar actually. Frame data are the exact same on both pounces hit adv +5 and those crazy numbers like -149 during the extensions of a pounce combo. nothing changed there. Maybe just the data in menu hasnt changed but i cana lso not see any difference in her pounces so far. Only thing i noticed so far is that the "bite" jump seems to hit better, as they have changed some hitboxes etc.

Has anyone else tested some stuff on Rav mileena so far to get some explanations going on what has actually changed on her grabs?
I'm posting all my findings in the All Variations thread. It's fucking great.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Have any of you been able to fit in B121+3 into her damage BnB: Starter~Roll, B3~Tele~Air Sai, B22~Low Pounce

The other combo for the Bite sequence does 3% less than this one. However, replacing the B22 portion with the Bite sequence nets the same damage. The problem is I've only pulled it off once.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Have any of you been able to fit in B121+3 into her damage BnB: Starter~Roll, B3~Tele~Air Sai, B22~Low Pounce

The other combo for the Bite sequence does 3% less than this one. However, replacing the B22 portion with the Bite sequence nets the same damage. The problem is I've only pulled it off once.
I've been testing: Starter (123, 21, F4, 12B4)-Roll-B34-Air Sai-slight run cancel-B12 1+3 UU2.

This nets good damage (28-30 something, depending on starter) because of the B34-Air Sai. I've replaced B3-Tele-Sai with that portion in all of my BnB's. Try messing with that to net the damage and land the B12 1+3. It has been tough for me, so far, but doable. And the patch has only been out for just under two days.

Just a suggestion.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
So is 28-35% a good average dance for Mileena combos? I've gotten as high as 40% but those are my numbers practically. I've revisited the character after getting better at the game and finding a main and really dig her.
*cool note on the Ravenous bite string, if you end a round with it and your opponent is out of health when the animation is going on you still get health. The gain is actually pretty decent if you extend the bite every time. It's saved me one or twice

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
So is 28-35% a good average dance for Mileena combos? I've gotten as high as 40% but those are my numbers practically. I've revisited the character after getting better at the game and finding a main and really dig her.
*cool note on the Ravenous bite string, if you end a round with it and your opponent is out of health when the animation is going on you still get health. The gain is actually pretty decent if you extend the bite every time. It's saved me one or twice
Yeah, that's a roughly good average for combos I think. I'm such a fan of how versatile this variation is at pure options when it comes to combos. You can throw high or low pounce on just about anything. Definitely helps in the safety factor as well for some of her strings.

I, too, like that health gain. It adds up! Could be the difference between winning and losing, depending on how a match plays out.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yeah, that's a roughly good average for combos I think. I'm such a fan of how versatile this variation is at pure options when it comes to combos. You can throw high or low pounce on just about anything. Definitely helps in the safety factor as well for some of her strings.

I, too, like that health gain. It adds up! Could be the difference between winning and losing, depending on how a match plays out.
Yeah I've noticed Mileen just has many ways to alter her combos, which is functional and aesthetic wise it keeps her fresh which tbh is a big deal to me. Cassie is a great character but her gameplay is monotonous to me, as is Erron Black among others

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Man i think they didn't want to make Ravenous's bite string too op because it really does do a pitiful amount of healing. Took over seven to recover 22% of damage. I mean I suppose that's not too bad, what do you guys think?

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
The biggest thing, for me, was FINALLY fixing that shaky hitbox it had. The health gain was just a plus. I mean realistically, you won't be using that string all of the time (she has more damaging string enders). However, a couple of times could give you some poking health. Poking is becoming more and more dominant, and can easily win someone a match because of poke damage and/or the zoning properties to control a set space.

I've seen some matches boil down to who has more life when the poke war starts. Situational indeed, but that small health gain you got allows you to tank a poke or two.

Now if you REALLY want to get people going--tell them Mileena's roll should be a low instead of a mid. Watch them fall out of their trees. ;P

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Bite heal should be viewed for prestige. Don't try to make something out of it. Just get the feeling

Quan and Cybernetic Kano imo. Theres not a whole lot of mu's theoretically that I think Ravenous would be better than Piercing tbh.
Is it because of Damage? Low Sai doesn't work vs Cyber Kano's knives, so there's that. But I'd imagine you'd want B21 and B12 in that MU wouldn't you?
Quan I have no idea, but he doesn't seem like the kind of character you want to zone.

Honestly no, it just comes down to what you're comfortable with.
Ethereal is my go to if Ravenous fails, though. Would recommend learning it if you haven't already.
I played Ravenous maybe twice and kept getting my pounce enders mixed up, lol. Ethereal is my second best, but I still have move placement issues to iron out. EX Fade is my favorite move now, so I have to figure out how to make the most of it.