What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Sami

Noob
better zoning chars (Lantern
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. How many times people? :)

edit: buried somewhere in this thread is my post where I explain how Raven out-zones Lantern. As I got better with the MU his footsies aren't as terrifying as they used to be either. Just need to always respect his lift, and punish the hell out of it.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Don't worry, Martian man hunter will come in and teleport on all fucking zoners. It's like NRS just hates anyone who zones so all dlc has teleport. Wtf.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People worried about getting jumped on. You can neutral jump 3. The hitbox is good!
The hitbox on a lot of J3s are good, that is a double edged sword. I usually either go for the d2 combo or if I have meter just block the JI and MB B3 the inevitable followup(if they are plus on it, sometimes they are punishable in which case you just punish with 1 or d1)

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Man, Raven is impossible to play online. And now that there is another teleporting dlc which is popular, zoming is all dead now.

Man, Raven is impossible to play online. And now that there is another teleporting dlc which is popular, zoming is all dead now.

I use Raven online and I have a fairly comfortable winning ratio (~60% for 200+ matches). And believe me I am no pro. This is the first fighting game I'm taking seriously, and I still have A LOT to improve on. Teleporting isn't too hard to deal with. Sure it's annoying but it's easy to punish. You just gotta play very defensively so that you don't get hit with it. Remeber that blocking low will block both Scorpion's and Batgirl's teleports.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I use Raven online and I have a fairly comfortable winning ratio (~60% for 200+ matches). And believe me I am no pro. This is the first fighting game I'm taking seriously, and I still have A LOT to improve on. Teleporting isn't too hard to deal with. Sure it's annoying but it's easy to punish. You just gotta play very defensively so that you don't get hit with it. Remeber that blocking low will block both Scorpion's and Batgirl's teleports.
What is your punish to them on block?

What is your punish to them on block?

Well I'm still working on how to punish them for the most damage, but d3 works good on scorpions teleport and is obviously very easy to execute. That will knock him down so you can work from there. As for batgirl I'm not really sure. I can't remember what I did last time... sorry. If they're close enough the fastest way to punish is d1~db2 because Raven's d1 has a 6 frame startup.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Well I'm still working on how to punish them for the most damage, but d3 works good on scorpions teleport and is obviously very easy to execute. That will knock him down so you can work from there. As for batgirl I'm not really sure. I can't remember what I did last time... sorry. If they're close enough the fastest way to punish is d1~db2 because Raven's d1 has a 6 frame startup.
I have never been able to do 1 attack xx into special bc I end up doing it on block and getting punished too often. T_T

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
My raven can not win vs the following: Supes, Batman, Aquaman, Bane, Doomsday, Grundy, Batgirl, Scorp, and... anyone else that is in my face. T_T

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
what do I do against killer frost v-v
Zone her out. Daggers can be soul crushed. A whiffed slide can be soul crushed or lifted depending on distance. Iceberg the same way. Otherwise you just have to guess right on her vortex. I recommend that when you guess right you pushblock and then backdash, helps you zone her out a bit more.

For a zoidberg name tag that was good advice follow it. Also her slide is only minus 4 so may just want to grab check. Also she can punish landing with slide if you get predictable. And a j2 can catch her. You should be able to get a jump back trait from semi far away cause frost has weak air control, and once dark raven is out she commands respect.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Zone her out. Daggers can be soul crushed. A whiffed slide can be soul crushed or lifted depending on distance. Iceberg the same way. Otherwise you just have to guess right on her vortex. I recommend that when you guess right you pushblock and then backdash, helps you zone her out a bit more.
Also, jump back and try to catch slide with jump back 2 into full combo. Again Ravens jumpin 2 has a decent long hitbox. The match is in frosts favour but it can be won.

So many egos on the raven forum lol. But 9th at evo isn't really anything to laugh at. Probably put out by a g.l or supes only got to catch final 8. A lot of the ones before that were too boring cause many at tourney weren't that good.

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Sorry to keep posting my problems, but I cannot beat my friend's Harley Quinn to save my life. I am constantly ranged out by her gun shots and I can't get in. I try to use my trait but the gunshots hit me out of it -_-. Should I just take the chip damage and dash in then punish with soul crush? Or is there something else I could do?