What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
There should be no "Who contributed the most, who is the best etc."

As a character forum you contribute to make EVERYONE better. It is also never a good idea to consider yourself the best, because that makes you cocky and puts the thought in your head that you do not have much to learn.

Just contribute and constantly strive to make yourself better.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Well first off, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful, sorry if I did.

And I saw you play on Stream a couple weeks, back and from there I could tell, that I am ahead of you.

I haven't contributed that much, because most of the stuff I learned on my own, but maybe I'll make some vids some day.

The two most helpful people on this forum are Sprint and Mr.Mileena.

Sprint has bestowed upon some of the nasty BNB setups that Raven has, and Mr.Mileena gave us our first reset.
Right, you're ahead of me. Then show it.

Blind_Ducky

As a character forum you contribute to make EVERYONE better. It is also never a good idea to consider yourself the best, because that makes you cocky and puts the thought in your head that you do not have much to learn.

This post is nice. But I'm still going to believe I'm the best Raven:b I know I've got a lot to learn & improve on. That'll never change.

ZalliX

Noob

The fools in the podcast said we need to listen to this guy, who is basically a random. When they're people putting in hard work, giving their tech away etc.

I'm down to prove it, I'm on XBOX live. ZalliX.

Zoidberg747

The fools in the podcast said we need to listen to this guy, who is basically a random. When they're people putting in hard work, giving their tech away etc.

I'm down to prove it, I'm on XBOX live. ZalliX.
That one podcast that blew forums up was out of context, uninformed, and just spewing nonsense. Don't listen to that garbage.

Killer Frost is such a bitch to fight against...

You can't leave SC range because then the bitch can spam her Spikes.
Blocked SC = Spike Punish.
You can't EX reflect her icicles without eating another set of icicles, you can normal reflect.
During Demon Mode, KF, outside of SC range, is free to use icicles without being punished.
Raven has to be careful how often she uses her demon stance specials.

Ugh I hate this MU lol.
6-4 KF imo.

Blind_Ducky

blind man what are raven worst matchups and how is aquaman vs her?
At the moment doomsdays feels like the worst but that's probably because I'm just not comfortable with it. Regardless Doomsdays still a disadvantage. Batgirl is scary.

Aquaman either goes even or beats her. Yeah she can punish the ground trident but aquaman doesn't need it. 1 blocked soul crush gives him 2 free dashes in. His upclose game is better than hers. But aquamans wake ups don't let him get out of 50/50 jump in set ups. His trait is irrelevant most of the time because her combos bring him off the ground early.

Blind_Ducky

You can't EX reflect her icicles without eating another set of icicles, you can normal reflect.
During Demon Mode, KF, outside of SC range, is free to use icicles without being punished.

Ugh I hate this MU lol.
6-4 KF imo.
You can delay the mb of the reflect so it does it after the second one is absorbed

Why? I'm not going to bash anyone I disagree with about anything they say about Raven (unless I absolutely hate the person like RYX in his stupid bane mu chart on mku)
Because people don't usually like cocky players, unless you're someone who consistently goes out to tournaments and places, in which people probably will kiss ass then.

It's also way too early in the game to decide on anything.
I don't want to get involved in this talk, just wanted to address it quickly since the last few pages dealt with this topic.

Blind_Ducky

Right but then Ice Spike.
You don't have to mb. When I'm playing an mu where ill probably get punished for mbing I just absorb to get meter & avoid chip. I still think you should send back sometimes though. Just depends on what you think the opponent will do. And if kf can just react to the mb or something it'll trade. Actually kf can probably slide under it so maybe it's never a good idea the mb it.

Blind_Ducky

Because people don't usually like cocky players, unless you're someone who consistently goes out to tournaments and places, in which people probably will kiss ass then.

It's also way too early in the game to decide on anything.
I don't want to get involved in this talk, just wanted to address it quickly since the last few pages dealt with this topic.

Alright I'll just drop it then.

Sami

Noob

Ugh I hate this MU lol.
6-4 KF imo.
Getting outzoned by KF is annoying. That match-up pretty much comes down to whoever gets the life-lead can just turtle up full-screen and wait for the opponent to come to them :(.

The most luck (and I'm honest enough to admit that it probably was luck) was getting KF cornered and making her guess cross-ups all day long (b23 followed by neutral jump 2/3 is a lovely).

A useful thing to know is that b23 done early (early as in b2 wiffs completely so you're aiming for 3 to hit them) beats slide/spikes/super on wake-up. Spikes/super wiff, slide goes under and you can usually recover quick enough to punish. Gets beat by ice parry if done in melee range though, but beats ice daggers.

A useful thing to know is that b23 done early (early as in b2 wiffs completely so you're aiming for 3 to hit them) beats slide/spikes/super on wake-up. Spikes/super wiff, slide goes under and you can usually recover quick enough to punish. Gets beat by ice parry if done in melee range though, but beats ice daggers.
Damn, I hadn't even considered that. I'll have to try it out when I next face that matchup. :)

Killer Frost is annoying because her game plan is pretty one-dimensional, but because it's just that good, you have to respect it anyway. Throws often work well after a blocked slide, I find. If she's going for parry a lot, use b12 into Singularity (since she can't parry lows). Honestly, though - best option is to jump back, do j2 and combo punish lololol (or MB b3/f3 if you're not too confident about the jump back timing).

If you achieve a hard knockdown, your best option is to jump backwards. If she slides, you can usually get j2 into a combo - at the very least you won't get punished. If she goes for daggers, transition into Demon Stance to float in mid-air and prevent yourself from being hit by them - now you're in DS yay. Every other options whiffs.

Negative Mass is a lot more high-risk than it usually is here, which is annoying. But Event Horizon is solid because it can punish spikes from any range for a big combo AND it's safe on block, allowing you some long-range pressure.

It's easily one of Raven's hardest match-ups, but it's still manageable. Practice jump back punishing slide when possible, stay the heck outside of f3 range (because then you can just default to crouch blocking) and use Event Horizon when in DS to keep her honest.

Vogue

Noob
I agree Doomsday is the one character that really really scared me. I need some time to work on that matchup and learn when to pushblock. Batgirl can be so annoying , you can never tell how stupid she is going to play .

I feel like Scorpion is super manageable now. Anyone else agree?

Zoidberg747

I agree Doomsday is the one character that really really scared me. I need some time to work on that matchup and learn when to pushblock. Batgirl can be so annoying , you can never tell how stupid she is going to play .

I feel like Scorpion is super manageable now. Anyone else agree?
Other than the fact that she is one of the few characters unable to punish MB tele, it is still super manageable.

Though I was of the opinion he was manageable before the patch, so I may just be biased.

Blind_Ducky

Blind_Man
Thoughts on the Cyborg MU?
Seems like a weird one to me
I think she wins it. Projectiles just get absorbed all day. Yeah he can do the overheads and I have to eat a little chip but the start up is slow enough that if I'm in soul crush range he can't do it all. Demon stance he's pretty screwed. Can't shoot or he risks trading with pull and eating a full combo. His armored grappling gun thing has never been a problem since I can just lift him as he's falling (unless there's some way to space it so I can't really punish or something idk). There's a lot about cyborgs upclose game I don't know and if he's able to cause trouble up close then it could be different than how I see it but from what I've experienced he can't do anything really from a distance and upclose I haven't been scared.