What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Espio

Kokomo
Kind of on topic, but if you guys want me to add any relevant match up information to the original post spoilers on Raven's match ups I can do that whenever just tag me/let me know and I'll do that for you guys :).

I don't play her much, but I still check this forum regularly.

joemabob

Noob
This post is nice. But I'm still going to believe I'm the best Raven:b I know I've got a lot to learn & improve on. That'll never change.
Lolololololol ur best raven little do u know.....well I guess we will see at Evo who really is top raven..

Still have yet to play a good raven outside of my friend who is just OK. Usually the only ravens I run into are offline, and I wanted to see how good she can be before I made her a secondary. Oh well maybe I should just solo main g.l he does at least OK against everyone.
Also good luck evo participants.

Ahem. 9th at EVO. HOLD DAT. This statement applies to a lot of you. I am the fucking DEFINITIVE Raven player. I don't care how cocky I sound. I told ALL OF YOU. I'm awesome.
First off, very good shit at EVO man. Watching your Raven has inspired me to stick with her at least a little longer.

Having said that, don't throw away such a respectable showing, in spite of the Superman army, by allowing yourself to get caught up in senseless drama.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
First off, very good shit at EVO man. Watching your Raven has inspired me to stick with her at least a little longer.

Having said that, don't throw away such a respectable showing, in spite of the Superman army, by allowing yourself to get caught up in senseless drama.

Thanks!:D she's amazing. Please keep using her.

Naw I'm not throwing away crap. I'm going to blow up all of these mother fuckers.

All I'm saying is your play speaks louder than any kind of shittalk or I-told-you-sos. I wonder why that's not enough for a lot of players anymore...

As for Raven, some of her matchups are just lame. But I do like her playstyle.

Blind_Ducky

All I'm saying is your play speaks louder than any kind of shittalk or I-told-you-sos. I wonder why that's not enough for a lot of players anymore...

As for Raven, some of her matchups are just lame. But I do like her playstyle.
I agree. My play showed I'm the best Raven. I'm so fucking awesome. Lame as in you have to play lame or lame like they shit on her?

Lame as in you have to play lame or lame like they shit on her?
Eh, mostly the latter for me. Granted this isn't my primary game so I'm still adjusting to the system, but it feels like any good rushdown char can beat me with a couple good KNDs. Lack of consistent Anti-air, and reliance on trait are hard for me to work with at times.

I noticed a lot of people weren't dashing/jumping forward on reaction to air tele like they do to me, but I guess it's possible you were just being less predictable?

Sami

Noob
Honest congrats on 9th place Blind_Man - wasn't able to watch the matches yesterday so hopefully I can catch up today.

Not going to let myself get drawn in to the rest of the conversation happening at the moment.

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
Blind_Man actually had KDZ beat until he decided to rush in. That transformation pillar frame trap was fucking KDZ up. Probably the best use of projectile negate special i ever seen too, Kongrats to Ducky though for showing there are other viable characters in the game besides ->23Man.

Sami

Noob
Blind_Man actually had KDZ beat until he decided to rush in. That transformation pillar frame trap was fucking KDZ up. Probably the best use of projectile negate special i ever seen too, Kongrats to Ducky though for showing there are other viable characters in the game besides ->23Man.
Finally managed to watch the set. First match KDZ clearly didn't know the match-up as he was getting caught by ALL of Raven's shenanigans. However, with all respect to KDZ he adapted very fucking quickly and switched into rushdown superman and didn't give Raven a chance to breathe and managed to exploit (whether deliberately or accidentally) Raven's complete lack of footsies and close-range pressure.

Was good play from both sides, but I honestly have to say - and I really don't want to start a flame war - that the better player won that round. Not knowing the Raven match-up is understandable as there are soooooo few Ravens, but everyone should be clued up on what Superman can do as he's everywhere. KDZ adapted within 1 match and took the set.

Still, not blowing up Blind Man as he did get 9th out of 500+ people :)

So is there any way we can watch those matches again? Raven really needs more high level play videos for us lesser-skilled players and it doesn't get much more high level than that.

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
Finally managed to watch the set. First match KDZ clearly didn't know the match-up as he was getting caught by ALL of Raven's shenanigans. However, with all respect to KDZ he adapted very fucking quickly and switched into rushdown superman and didn't give Raven a chance to breathe and managed to exploit (whether deliberately or accidentally) Raven's complete lack of footsies and close-range pressure.

Was good play from both sides, but I honestly have to say - and I really don't want to start a flame war - that the better player won that round. Not knowing the Raven match-up is understandable as there are soooooo few Ravens, but everyone should be clued up on what Superman can do as he's everywhere. KDZ adapted within 1 match and took the set.

Still, not blowing up Blind Man as he did get 9th out of 500+ people :)
Against a Superman who knows the Raven matchup, how viable can Raven be against Superman?

Blind_Ducky

ZeroEffect Raven's d2 AA's. her trait is godlike. No reason not to rely on it most of the time.

Sami I agree with everything you said. No worries about a flame war or anything lol.

HushoftheWind she can handle him and anyone else in the game.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
How can anyone be blowing blind man up. We should be lucky enough he posts here he maybe able to help us and let us pick his brain on a few things. This place is full of Berks

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How can anyone be blowing blind man up. We should be lucky enough he posts here he maybe able to help us and let us pick his brain on a few things. This place is full of Berks
Who the hell is blowing up Blind man? All I ever said was "best" can be subjective. He definitely had a great performance at EVO.

That being said, it is ok to disagree with him. Some of us play Raven differently, and if we have success with our style, why change it? Trying to copycat top players playstyles is a good way to lose. Gotta play to your own strengths.

That being said I am definitely going to try and use absorb more in my game. Blind man made me a fan of it.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Who the hell is blowing up Blind man? All I ever said was "best" can be subjective. He definitely had a great performance at EVO.

That being said, it is ok to disagree with him. Some of us play Raven differently, and if we have success with our style, why change it? Trying to copycat top players playstyles is a good way to lose. Gotta play to your own strengths.

That being said I am definitely going to try and use absorb more in my game. Blind man made me a fan of it.
Then we shout share strays and try it go the overal knowledge of the raven kom. Good stuff!

ZeroEffect Raven's d2 AA's. her trait is godlike. No reason not to rely on it most of the time.
Her trait is very good, but far from godlike imo. Especially if the opponent doesn't let pillar pressure scare them. Also, I won't always have trait available so you have to be comfortable with normal Raven as well. Good rushdown chars I feel are a problem (Superman/Frost/Nightwing) or even better zoning chars (Lantern/Deathstroke/Aquaman) all of them feel like you have to play their game.

And yeah I know she has AA moves, it's just I find them getting beaten out by most chars jump in moves. The best way I've been able to AA is to stay just out of jump arc range, back step and THEN D2. D2 on reaction to jumps is like 50/50 success rate. (40/60 vs Flash/Batman)