What's new

Rate your self

NoDoubt

nasty
LOL Dude stop. Your like a 8 out of 10. If you were a 3 out of 10 id be like -3 out of 10.
i only been playin for like 5 months now. compared to hanzo and them i think we all fall far thats how i did

i think i wuz a 3.5 in august lol but stopped for a month cuz mame turned ultra-shit

Dark_Rob

Noob
I'd say I am 6/10, I can improve a lot.
i only been playin for like 5 months now. compared to hanzo and them i think we all fall far thats how i did

i think i wuz a 3.5 in august lol but stopped for a month cuz mame turned ultra-shit
Wow I must not have a clue. You guys are rating yourselves far lower than I would rate you. 6/10 Juggs? really? Dude you have like the sickest Human Smoke Ive ever seen. I think you guys are being unfair to yourselves.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Wow I must not have a clue. You guys are rating yourselves far lower than I would rate you. 6/10 Juggs? really? Dude you have like the sickest Human Smoke Ive ever seen. I think you guys are being unfair to yourselves.

I'd have to agree w/ Rob on this, cuz I think I could maybe give myself a 4/10 if I stick to my top 5. Much lower if I use the whole roster....prolly a 2 or 3.

It's kinda relative. My 5 could be your 8, your 10 could be my 5, etc.

Against the very best players I think I'm just above average, but I still have areas where I need to improve. I make too many dumb mistakes that cost me matches. I also have been feeling limited with a pad lately, idk.

ngh91

Noob
Depends on the day of playing sometimes i could be a 3/10 then i could jump up to 7/10

but online against lag 6/10
with all the combos/infinites/ 10/10
glitchs 4/10
with strategy from this site 10/10
using the strategy against another i cant rate that other people have there own strategy and i would have to mix it up.

BeRB

Noob
Now, now...don't be Modest, give yourself some credit, Bro. I'm sure you're not the WORST player out there, so there's no need to feel like you have no self-esteem and will never get better.
;)
Oh i thought the ratings were going backwards, I meant to put myself as #1, Cause I feel like any player can beat anyone.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
If Hanzo is a 10, you guys only rate yourselves at 5-6s?? I never played Hanzo but I have seen him play, so I can't really compare, but I doubt you guys being the top players in America are only 50% of his skill.....

Unless I'm wrong and completely missing something somewhere..

@ BerB, my last post was a joke, man :D It was a bit of sarcasm...heh-heh

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The problem is the difference in ability between extremely high skill players (between 8 and 10) seems to become almost exponential, and it may seem like there's more of a gap than there actually is. Juggs I would easily put you are approaching a "9" at the very least with your main characters, and anyone higher would get decimal place ranks heh. If you want to give yourself an overall with every character, maybe that might feel like it brings you down. As for Arion, based on casuals in the room at NEC I would put you around a 7 and climbing.

If you really want to get better, dredge out a month of random select matches vs anyone you can. Remember, when you play in a tournament, you can use one character, your best character, win, and be considered the best until someone else wins, but sometimes players like to feel like they've mastered an entire game before they truly call themselves good.

Also for anyone who is rating themselves based on online play, it becomes extremely difficult since it's got that unstable element. I would put myself at 2 to 3 full points lower in standard online conditions (that I experience) than what I would offline.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The problem is the difference in ability between extremely high skill players (between 8 and 10) seems to become almost exponential, and it may seem like there's more of a gap than there actually is. Juggs I would easily put you are approaching a "9" at the very least with your main characters, and anyone higher would get decimal place ranks heh. If you want to give yourself an overall with every character, maybe that might feel like it brings you down. As for Arion, based on casuals in the room at NEC I would put you around a 7 and climbing.

If you really want to get better, dredge out a month of random select matches vs anyone you can. Remember, when you play in a tournament, you can use one character, your best character, win, and be considered the best until someone else wins, but sometimes players like to feel like they've mastered an entire game before they truly call themselves good.

Also for anyone who is rating themselves based on online play, it becomes extremely difficult since it's got that unstable element. I would put myself at 2 to 3 full points lower in standard online conditions (that I experience) than what I would offline.
This is how I see it as well. The difference between a 1 and a 2 might not be that much or even very noticeable, but the difference between a 9 and a 10 is massive.
On this scale if we can agree Juggs is an 8.5/9 and No Doubt is a 7 then I would rate myself 4/4.5 on average. Maybe a 5 on days where Im really feeling froggy.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
This is how I see it as well. The difference between a 1 and a 2 might not be that much or even very noticeable, but the difference between a 9 and a 10 is massive.
On this scale if we can agree Juggs is an 8.5/9 and No Doubt is a 7 then I would rate myself 4/4.5 on average. Maybe a 5 on days where Im really feeling froggy.

How about me? Can u guys give me some rating about where you'd place ME?

Uhm, 2 ratings actually, 1 for just my top 5: NightWolf, Stryker, Sindel, Sonya, and Kung Lao, then another rating for my overall roster. Obviously my lack of skill w/ Jax, Jade and Mileena will screw me on this, oh well.

Dark_Rob

Noob

Uhm, 2 ratings actually, 1 for just my top 5: NightWolf, Stryker, Sindel, Sonya, and Kung Lao, then another rating for my overall roster. Obviously my lack of skill w/ Jax, Jade and Mileena will screw me on this, oh well.
I would say your a little better than me. Somewhere between 5 or 6. When we played casuals at NEC I could hang and I got a few wins, but you got more. Which means you average a higher level of play than I do.

But seriously you are better same for Juggs.
Thanks man. In all honesty, I am only good at really high levels with Human Smoke.

I was actually basing it off of the full roster, I don't know why. I can actually use every character pretty efficiently though, except for Mileena. But my Human Smoke is so far above any of my other characters, I would rate myself around an 8.8+ with him. The only other character that comes close is Ermac, because they are played similar. I mess up combos too much with Ermac though. Also, I random select all the time. Sometimes people ask me not to random select, which I don't understand either.

I think there is another thread for rating other people. I didn't get to play you offline, but you definitely looked a lot better offline than you do online.

MKK hanzo

If Hanzo is a 10, you guys only rate yourselves at 5-6s?? I never played Hanzo but I have seen him play, so I can't really compare, but I doubt you guys being the top players in America are only 50% of his skill.....

Unless I'm wrong and completely missing something somewhere..

@ BerB, my last post was a joke, man :D It was a bit of sarcasm...heh-heh
Im not a 10 lol! I wish I could be!

And as you said, and as I said to juggs, his H Smoke is scaaarily good, I told him a few stuff to work on and he will be someone ppl will want to avoid on a tourney! Believe me!