What's new

Rate Your Character! (Mortal Kombat 11 Edition)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
i28. Reactable. If you aren't reacting to that in a tournament you aren't ready for the tournament.
It’s slow, yes, but you can definitely condition people to respect it. Harassing with d4 and the threat of shadow kick is enough to get a f2 out.

We saw people, PRO PLAYERS, get hit by Mileena’s f3, which was over 30f. It’s all about conditioning man.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sonya (Ring Master)

Offense 5/5

High damaging unreactable 50/50s. Her offensive presence is insane

Neutral Game 4/5

She has a pretty decent neutral game with b1, and great anti-airs. Only reason she doesn’t get a 5/5 is because she lacks a good advancing mid. In general, she doesn’t have any problems, but her neutral isn’t as good as say Jacqui or Kabal.

Defense 4/5

She has pretty decent wakeups and reversals. Her pokes are all servicable and f3 low crushes. She’s never in too much trouble when being pressured.

Zoning and Counterzoning 5/5

Her bf1 is insanely good. Very fast with quick recovery, mid on amplify with a krushing blow attached to force enemies to block.

Drone drop stops jumping and hits overhead at full screen. It also goes through projectile reflects.

She’s one of the best projectile zoners in the game.

Damage 5/5

Sonya has some of the best damage in the game. I don’t think there’s much to discuss here.

Overall: 23/25

It’s slow, yes, but you can definitely condition people to respect it. Harassing with d4 and the threat of shadow kick is enough to get a f2 out.

We saw people, PRO PLAYERS, get hit by Mileena’s f3, which was over 30f. It’s all about conditioning man.
Don’t bother arguing; it’s like talking to a brick wall.

The man was asking for safe staff spin and 30% meterless midscreen combos lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

f2 is not that bad, you just have to use it right.
i28 is fine, it's not like it will get blocked when they SEE it coming.
It's a good tool, all these anecdotal people have had worse and anecdotally did well, I just need to get good man.
Just have to develop the right tech for f2.

Sub zero's 19f -4 overhead is perfectly reactable though, right?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
f2 is not that bad, you just have to use it right.
i28 is fine, it's not like it will get blocked when they SEE it coming.
It's a good tool, all these anecdotal people have had worse and anecdotally did well, I just need to get good man.
Just have to develop the right tech for f2.
I know you’re trying to come off as sarcastic; but honestly this is some of the most sense you’ve ever made.

Well done.

Espio

Kokomo
Awkward sooo yeah I'm gonna do the Johnny Cage and Jade. variations I use.

Emerald Defender Jade:

Offensive Options (3/5): For a ranged zoning character, her offense is pretty solid as back 3,4,3,4 is a string with all safe staggers and an excellent speed of 11 frames. Ending in 4 has a flawless block and fatal blow interruptible gap, but with proper conditioning you can make it work and at plus five with spacing it's ideal zoner stylized pressure. Forward 3,4,3 is also a good string for up close stagger into throw mix ups since all points are safe. Her down 4 knocks the opponent back far enough that back 2 can tag them for even more space control pressure. 2,1,2 is a great string for setting up stagger pressure scenarios as well with its safety.

Neutral game/Footsies (5/5): Back 2 is a ten frame attack that allows her to control a great deal of space in front of her coupled with her down 4. Her air glaives are really strong because they force the opponent to approach as properly done air glaives are safe and even plus. Her walk speed and back dash speeds are fantastic so she is able to space the opponent out of their optimal range to get into her specific optimal ranges.

Defensive Options (4/5): One of the best down 2's in the game, low profiling pokes that allow her to go under overheads, jump ins and even stuff like Jax's MID hitting fatal blow allow her to poke safely while subverting her opponent's advances. Back 2 really can check strong advancing mids like Baraka's forward 4 making her ability to control aggressive opponents very potent. The only reason why I cannot give this a 5/5 is because her up 2 is pretty weak and her up 3 is very susceptible to low profiling as well. Her parry is usable, but not reliable either.

Zoning/anti-zoning (5/5): She has projectiles that cover every single angle on the screen from the air glaive that covers the diagonal/horizontal space to the air glaive that occupies air space and can punish people trying to air fireball or jump in at certain ranges. Spark checks people trying to neutral crouch full screen to evade her zoning. Her regular standard glaive while it has slow wind up can catch people teleporting in or trying to jump over other zoning options. She also zones and controls space with her staff normals. Glow is one of the best anti-zoning tools in the game as when she reacts to a projectile and activates her glow, it allows her to zone you while you must block and navigate in on her. Shadow kick is also an excellent tool because she can use it to check people trying to advancing with buttons or beat out the start up of some projectiles and punish whiffs.

Damage Output (3/5): I think her damage is very fine and serviceable as on punishable stuff like Scorpion's teleport or Kabal's spin I get an easy 20% for 4,3, amp shadow kick. I'm constantly getting anti-air damage and at some ranges Jade can down 1 shadow kick amplify for a good chunk of damage. If I get you in these little exchanges even just three times in a match you're in a bad spot. Her damage in terms of pure combos is so so, but I also factor in the reliability of how one gets their damage and Jade gets it reliably enough that I feel three is an appropriate number.

Emerald Defender Jade: 20/25

Shock Jock Johnny Cage:

Offensive Options (3/5): Good stagger strings in Forward 3,4,4, excellent down 4 and down 1 as down 4 is so plus that it allows a guaranteed check with forward 4,4, or forward 3,4,4. The wake up game is strong in this game so the fact that Cage has a restand negates a lot of the wake up game options and his throw game is good with Forward 3,4,4 staggers since all parts of the string are safe. Pokes low profiling certain attacks and wake ups is a good boost to his power. His forceball pressure is great, but since it is not useful against many opponents that can go under it, it weakens an aspect of his power.

Neutral game/footsies (4/5): While his buttons are very good, he is also competing with people with safe 9 frame mids with good range. His strings are strong and his pokes can low profile quite a few varied attacks which helps him out. His shadow kick is an excellent check on people walking back or to stuff out zoning and send the opponent to the corner. His projectile is pretty fast with solid recovery so he can counter zoning as he walks and dashes his way in. His walk speed and dash block is also good for getting him where he needs to be on the screen.

Defensive Options (3/5): His up 2 is very good with a high jump. His up 3 has minimal range which hurts it quite a bit. His down 2 is pretty solid as it allows him to sometimes convert into down 1 nutpunch restand. Flip kick can be a decent anti-air option as well. His parry isn't particularly strong, but with good spacing and conditioning he can check strong advancing attacks and it being able to combo for a bar makes it even more noteworthy. His low pokes and hitbox going under some attacks and evading certain strings really helps him out in touchy situations.

Zoning and anti-zoning(3/5): Cage isn't a zoner and can struggle against some of the zoning in the game, but that doesn't mean he cannot cope. Shadow kick can check walk back, zoning start up and send the opponent closer to the corner making it a good counter zoning tool. Cage's projectiles are fast enough to keep zoners honest with his projectile. Against non-zoners his zoning has even more applicability. Decent, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Damage output (4/5): Generally speaking he gets anywhere from 24-34% damage for a bar, which is really solid overall but not over the top. He gets boosted to a four because the restand potential on a correct read can allow him additional access to damage and a loop back into the nutpunch one again. He gets his damage safely on block which I think is another key trait.

Shock Jock Cage: 17/25

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Baraka- Marauder. Gonna keep this brief.

Offensive option- 3.5/5. B3 is a low combo starter. Has an overhead with B2, however, it can completely whiff and put you on the other side of some characters. 112 is a solid string that creates space and can be cancelled. 122 is a simple punish that is a KB.

Footsies- 3.5/5. F44 is a great whiff punishing tool and can lead to a KB. His B4 isn't talked about enough. Has great range and is a solid trip guard.

Defensive options- 3/5. Pretty average.

Zoning/anti-zoning- 3/5. Blade spark is a solid projectile and AMP has a mid. Can't counter zone certain characters like Skarlet and Cetrion.

Damage output- 5/5. This is where he shines. We all know his damage output is fantastic and hits like a truck.

18 points.
3.5! That’s cheating

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jade - Emerald Defender

Offense 3/5

While her offence is nothing to write home about, b3434 is decent and allows for a nice stagger game. While on block ex rangs shouldn’t be used, she’s able to pressure nicely and keep them standing for further staggers.

Neutral and Footsies 5/5

Jade’s d4 and b2 control so much space. Her d4 reaches very far, is hella safe and sets up her stagger game. b2 is an exceptional whiff punish tool with great range.

Her d2 is an exceptional anti air and her air control is among the best in the game.

Defense 3/5

Her wakeups are ok. u3 has great range although is susceptible to low profiling. She has great pokes so she’s got that going for her.

Zoning and Anti-Zoning 5/5

Jade’s air glaive may be the single best projectile in the game. Glow is an amazing counterzoning tool which forces opponents to approach in many matchups. With her multitude of projectiles, glow and shadow kick (which can punish unsafe projectiles in range), she definitely deserves a 5/5 for this category.

Damage output 2/5

Jade doesn’t have the best damage, but her corner damage is ok and her throw KB, shadow kick KB and 124 KB damage are decent.

Overall: 18/25

Sub-Zero (Dead of Winter)

1. Offensive Options 4/5

He has decent normals, with his b3 string being easily staggered, b1 having a lot of range, and f4 having plus frames. Meanwhile, he has full comboable 50/50s, and a KB on his back throw. All in all, he has a lot of ways to open people up, but he doesn't have a 9/10/11 frame mid like a lot of the cast has, otherwise he might be 5/5. Sonicfox can also apparently block the 50/50 every time, but I think this is only applicable to players on his level.

2. Neutral Game/Footsies 3/5

He loses the slide that Thin Ice has, which hurts his neutral game. He can still toss out b1 or f4 when the situation permits, which isn't bad, and his d4 is pretty decent if not average. But, he doesn't have a fast, advancing mid like some characters do. I'd call him average in every regard here.

3. Defense Options 2/5

He gets some points for having a 6f d1 to interrupt pressure, but the hitbox on it isn't great. Meanwhile, his u3 is terrible, with ass range and whiffing problems. This is easily his worst area.

4. Zoning/Anti-Zoning 4/5

Iceball in general wins on most trades in the game, allowing at least a dash-forward then cold shoulder, if not a full combo. However, amplified iceball is a way to make any character that doesn't have a teleport afraid to throw projectiles; nearly every character has to play with this move in mind when at projectile range. He loses a point because iceball is pretty slow overall, it's his only zoning option on this variation, and he has to spend a bar to make it scary.

5. Damage Output 4/5

His combos are fairly average damage-wise, though higher than Thin Ice due to amplified iceball and cold shoulder. But, any combo into amplified cold shoulder has about 2/3 of a stage worth of corner carry, so you always end up in the corner where 124 KB combos can do north of 40%. Meanwhile, unlike most characters his zoning often converts into a partial combo for 20-30%. Lastly, his backthrow KB gives him another avenue for big damage.

Total: 17/25

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kotal Kahn

1. Offensive options – 2/5 : Has a mid command grab and 2 throw KB, yet his only stagger half-works, he can't challenge a D1 on block with anything meaning full and is generally bad up close.

2. Neutral game and footsies – 4/5 : Really good neutral, 4/5 because some things entirely whiff on hit or become special mids instead of true mids, but most importantly because he has very few active frames on everything. His whiff punisher, an 11f high, has only 1 active frame.

3. Defensive options – 2/5 : 7f D1 that is very stubby and is low profiled by a lot of characters. Quite good wakeup attacks though. If his U2 wasn't so effective I'd give him a 1/5.

4. Zoning and anti-zoning – 3/5 : Fastest wavedash in the game, parry to avoid flawless blocking from far away or things like cetrion's boulders, situational sunlight and F2.

5. Damage output – 4/5 : Quite decent damage in ascension from his combos, usually hit 300+ for a bar. His separate strings do quite low damage by themselves though. Remove 3 points if not ascension. Totemic has to spend a bar to punish with 20% midscreen.

15/25.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
1. Offensive options – 2/5 : Has a mid command grab and 2 throw KB, yet his only stagger half-works, he can't challenge a D1 on block with anything meaning full and is generally bad up close.

2. Neutral game and footsies – 4/5 : Really good neutral, 4/5 because some things entirely whiff on hit or become special mids instead of true mids, but most importantly because he has very few active frames on everything. His whiff punisher, an 11f high, has only 1 active frame.

3. Defensive options – 2/5 : 7f D1 that is very stubby and is low profiled by a lot of characters. Quite good wakeup attacks though. If his U2 wasn't so effective I'd give him a 1/5.

4. Zoning and anti-zoning – 3/5 : Fastest wavedash in the game, parry to avoid flawless blocking from far away or things like cetrion's boulders, situational sunlight and F2.

5. Damage output – 4/5 : Quite decent damage in ascension from his combos, usually hit 300+ for a bar. His separate strings do quite low damage by themselves though. Remove 3 points if not ascension. Totemic has to spend a bar to punish with 20% midscreen.

15/25.
Should probably put the character at the start.

Took till I got to the last paragraph to understand who you were talking about.

It's not Cetrion zoning and not Skarlet zoning so it's 1 point worse if 5 is the Cetrion zoning or Skarlet zoning. Which is a 4 in my book.
How the hell cetrion outzones jade? do you realize she can't do anything against glow?
Just because one char may be better at this (and I wouldn't be sure) doesn't mean she is top tier in terms of zoning.

i28. Reactable. If you aren't reacting to that in a tournament you aren't ready for the tournament.
from f21: 29% damage 1 meter, 32% 2 meter
she can convert from air glavies into 15/20% damage from anywhere in the screen
from b343 she gets 18% into restand +10 adv (this is amazing), or 18.5% and full screen distance

what else do you want? 30% from any string?

combo breaker was full of successful jades, and non of them looked like prodigies or the next sonicfox. Just didn't downplay a really solid character

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Kung Lao: Hat Tricks

Offensive Options: 4/5
His stagger, mid/throw game is very strong. He gets great pressure off Z-Hat, which also allows him to cover wakeups better than the majority of the cast

Footsies/Neutral: 3/5
His divekick is a great whiff punisher, Z-Hat can control a lot of space, and hes great at whiff punishing opponents who are trying to poke into his space. His range isnt great and theres a few character specific things he has to hold since he doesnt have a fast advancing special like Shadow Kick

Defensive Options: 2/5
His wakeups suck, specifically his U2 which has severe hitbox problems. His D3 is a good defensive poke tho

Zoning/Anti-Zoning: 2/5
Dive kick can get you some mileage for punishing fireballs but it's not always reliable and mistiming it is disastrous. Teleport isnt super reliable either. Hat Toss is nice to have but you cant play keep away with it forever. It's way too slow

Damage Output: 5/5
Every touch is over 30%. His meterless damage is close to what a lot of characters do with one bar, meaning you can save that for amplified Z-Hat setups to net even more damage. Corner routes approach 40%. KB combos are excellent too

M2Dave

Zoning Master
B3 is EASILY one of the best normals/strings in the game. This alone makes her offense at least a 3. Safe normal, safe string, super hit confirmable and plus on block if she finishes it. Yes it has a gap but you can definitely play around that.

B2 is 10f long range advancing high that catches plenty of people off guard. It’s also hit confirmable. Yea it’s a high but you’ll catch people with it due to the threat of b3.

Her neutral consists of her staying back and letting the opponent come to her, which is something she’s very good at. We saw Waz dominate people her by literally staying back. Shadow kick, b2, b3, d4 all good neutral tools. I’d give this a 4.

This is definitely a 5 man lol come on. It’s not cetrion zoning but it’s still damn good zoning, plus the glow. Factor in the fact that she can also punish zoning with shadow kick that leads into a KB is also a plus.

Yea her damage isn’t that great but she does get some decent damage in some situations. F2 leads to +300. JK amplified glaives leads into decent damage. AA 2 amplified up glaives leads into decent damage. D2 KB, 124 KB, shadow kick KB, throw KB and parry KB are good. I’d give this a 2

Jade isn’t that bad man lol.
I have to catch up on some reading in this thread, but thank you for the corrections. I also agree with @Pan1cMode. 18/25 is a fair score for Jade.

I was browsing the Jade forum a couple of days ago and the buffs a couple of people kept suggesting were hilariously unreasonable.

GLoRToR said:
Decidedly better than D'Vorah...
Not only did Sonic Fox beat Scar's Sonya as well as Sylver Rye's Liu Kang in a series post Combo Breaker, he went even against Dragon's Cetrion in a long series last night. If I recall correctly, the final score was 30:30. If Dragon, a world class player, was unfamiliar with the D'Vorah match, there was certainly adequate time to adapt. I see no choice but to declare D'Vorah being the worst character in the game a massive bill. She was arguably broken pre-release but was then normalized to fit into the meta.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How the hell cetrion outzones jade? do you realize she can't do anything against glow?
Just because one char may be better at this (and I wouldn't be sure) doesn't mean she is top tier in terms of zoning.

from f21: 29% damage 1 meter, 32% 2 meter
she can convert from air glavies into 15/20% damage from anywhere in the screen
from b343 she gets 18% into restand +10 adv (this is amazing), or 18.5% and full screen distance

what else do you want? 30% from any string?

combo breaker was full of successful jades, and non of them looked like prodigies or the next sonicfox. Just didn't downplay a really solid character
Watch BigD vs Waz.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The fact that people are giving Scorpion anything other than 5/5 in zoning/counterzoning is funny. He is the best counterzoner in the game.

And his offense is easily 4/5 too.

His staggers are extremely good, f34 does a lot of damage on counterhit, he is one of the characters that can do a freaking poke on block, WALK BACK and whiff younish your own poke with B1, his forward grab leaves him at a perfect distance on hit AND has a krushing blow, 21 and 212 are both plus on block.... there are barely any + on block things in this game and he gets +2 and +7 meterless options. The only reason he can’t get 5/5 here imo is because Jacqui and Sonya exist but maybe even 4.5/5

His defense being low also makes me cringe.
He has some of the best pokes in the game, d4 is actually ridiculous, his u3 is one of the best in the game... if not the best since it’s -2 or -3 on block and advances him forward and his u2 is very good as well.

The downplay is real....

Just to clarify, I believe it's ok characters have weaknesses. If someone excels at certain area, it is expected to struggle at another. So something like a 18/25 is what I would consider a good character.

Frost
Ice machine

Offensive options - 2/5: just two staggers, b22 and b32. No mixups (and I hope someday we could say that for all chars lol), mediocre krushing blows (can't get more than 30% from b2212 punish, throw kb is the only one real). Not many characters are worse than her in this area. I'm not really sure, maybe this is a 1. Fatal blow is good so there you, 2 justified.
Neutral game and footsies - 4/5: b22 again is her main tool, decent anti air in d3, f2 is easily punishable but is still there
Defensive options – 2/5 : worst pokes in the game, d3 isn't even a low. If she lands a poke, can't hit confirm it because of 16 frame mid. Her punish game is awful because of crappy s1. D4 is ok. Good range wakeup u3.
Zoning and anti-zoning – 4/5: her zoning is average, her projectile are more like a check than zoning tool, in fact most of the roster an punish her spamming. On the other hand she has some ways to get in (f2, knockdown from db2)
Damage output – 4/5: when you can land the hit, you get 30%.

Overall: 16

-----

Cetrion
Spring cleaning

Offensive options - 2/5: no 50/50s (how this game should be), but great hitbox in all her moves, good range, good staggers and except f234 all the rest is safe, but death on whiff. Punish, rock and wall KBs are the only real ones, throw and geyser requirements are a joke
Neutral game and footsies - 5/5: good neutral control with projectiles and f2 range
Defensive options – 5/5: wall is amazing, and she has a teleport
Zoning and anti-zoning – 5/5: she isn't a machine gun like sonya or kano, but still top tier here IMO
Damage output – 2/5: probably lowest damage in the game with devorah. Her best midscreen is like 26%, but than one is hard af (like 1 or 2 frame link), regular BNB is 24%. From geyser alone 19%.

Overall: 19

-----

Jacqui
1st round KO

Offensive options - 5/5: once she gets in, lot of tools. Great KBs. Worst FB in my opinion, but still top tier in this area.
Neutral game and footsies - 4/5: very fast attacks, but not too many options from mid screen
Defensive options – 5/5: counter grab, great aa and damage conversion from it.
Zoning and anti-zoning – 2/5: no zoning at all. 1 point for punishes you can get with dash punch.
Damage output – 5/5: she hits hard

Overall: 21

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shao Kahn
The variation with hammer toss and the 2 taunts. I don't know any of the actual fucking names...

Offensive options: 3/5
Shao's not a total turd on the battlefield, especially once he gets some momentum going, but most of his success is due to the opponent's lack of matchup knowledge.

His sweep is somehow better than the frame data would suggest. It has massive range, moves him forward considerably (allowing him to avoid a lot of jump-in pressure), and recovers almost instantly on whiff and block. This quick recovery combined with it being -2 allows him to sneak in a 7-frame d1 against opponents who aren't on point with their punishes.

His d2 is maybe the best in the game. Not much else to say here.

His jk is a big ball of meaty goodness that seems to eat anti-airs all day unless precisely timed. His j2 is straight bananas and jails nicely into his high starters.

Speaking of high starters, that's the big reason for the 3/5 rating. His b2 and f3 are decent mids, but he can't really capitalize on them very well without taking significant risks.

His KB's are....non-existent? He's going to land his d2 every match, but that's about it. Good luck landing 3 spears, then hitting with 12~3+4. I mean, yeah, it's going to happen, but it's not really worth it. I've played entire multi-hour sets without every getting a non-d2 KB.

His f1 has massive range, but again, it's a high and doesn't lead into any real staggers or mixups. He can confirm into Should Charge pretty easily, but most people are able to block the string without any trouble.

His b3 is kind of a bill. It's risky, at -13, and the hitbox doesn't cover the full animation, causing it to whiff on a lot of aerial attacks. If it hits, though, he does get a full kombo, and it has nice range.

Neutral Game/Footsies: 4/5
I couldn't give him a 5 due to his total lack of staggers and mixups. That said, even though his tool set is very basic, the few tools he does have give him a pretty solid neutral game. His sweep moves him forward considerably and sets up a decent oki game. His d2 makes anti-airing effortless. His f1 has massive range, even if it is a high.

His major problem, other than a lack of good mids, is his slowness. Good luck whiff punishing with anything other than sweep. Good players can flawless block the 1st hit of his strings, which is pretty much unheard of with other characters. @Sutter Pain

Defensive options: 3/5 (could be 4)
His wakeups are both top notch, with enormous hitboxes. His b4 and d2 can make it difficult for some characters to approach. However, once the opponent has gotten in and started pressuring, it can be tough to do anything other than d1. Yolo d1~Shoulder Charge can be used to make the opponent respect d1 on block, similar to Kano's d1~Kano Ball, but it's very risky at -20.

Zoning/Anti Zoning: 2/5
Shao's Hammer Toss is actually a pretty nice projectile, despite its slowness. It's a mid with a nice big hitbox that will catch a lot of jumping opponents. It has a KB if you land it twice in a row, but most people stop being hit by that after a match or two. While not a super amazing projectile, his Hammer Toss at least gives him a full-screen threat that the opponent needs to respect, similar to Kotal's Sun Disc.

His Spear is...a move that he technically can use.

If his Hammer Lunge would just go over projectiles, this could easily be bumped up to a 3 or 4.

Damage output: 2/5
Shao can hit some big numbers occasionally, but the risks he has to take to get there are pretty absurd, considering the damage output of characters like Sonya and Geras. He is supremely dependent on his d2 KB and meter to achieve any decent amount of damage. That is the reason for the low rating; not just the damage he can get, but how tough/risky it is for him to get it.

Punishing Efficiency: 2/5
12~Shoulder Charge can be used to punish most unsafe strings and specials. F3 can as well, though it's more difficult to hit-confirm, and if the opponent blocks the charge, you're getting full-kombo punished.

Final Score: 16/30

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Centrion Spring Cleaning

She has punisheable stuff but it’s all a mindgame for her oponent, like f23 into rock wall MB is safe, it may have a gap but if people try to poke in between and she decided not to go for the MB version, it will whiff, however then she is punisheable.... etc. I think those kind of mind games are enough to give her 3/5, and empty rock wall at certain distances is actually ridiculously good if you ask me. She can also make f2 safe by doing f2~amp Hell’s Wrath. And she has hit/grab mix-ups after rock wall on his that she can actually loop.

Defensive options: 4/5

She can use rock wall as a defensive move as well because of its amazing hitbox and active frames it can hit people dashing, walking, pressing buttons and even jumping, her pokes are all good and she can always cancel then into rock wall for mind games, her u2 and u3 are average but get the work done, also b32 is basically another poke that gives her good mind games and her backdash Is amazing.

Neutral game and footsies: 5/5

She has an amazing anti air with s1 and f1, great whiff punishers with f1 and f2 and her d4 in neutral is also good, rock wall also plays a good spot in this.

Zoning/anti zoning: 5/5

Best zoner in the game, full screen frame traps that lead go full combo punishes , rock toss is super good because it does good chip damage and has ridiculous pushback, hell’s wrath is also great for a quicker option and if you try to jump and she reads that she can Krushing blow you with air rock toss, and also... teleport is straight up broken.

Damage output: 3.5/5

She can always spend a bar on MB geyser for a full combo and she always has the 213 krushing blow option for bigger damage.

Total score: 20.5

Kung Lao (hat tricks)

1. Offensive options - 4/5
The enforcement of the mid/throw mixup works really well. The Z-hat setups are useful. Good KB's (4 out of 5 are practical and get him good damage).
Fatal blow is good, can punish a projectile on reaction from half screen.
No 50/50s. No good pressure with main string starting with 3 highs.

2. Defensive options - 4/5
U2 has serious hitbox issues. U3 is okay, but can be beaten by jumps.

3. Neutral/ footsies - 4/5
Has good advancing strings and mobility. But those strings are either unsafe or have massive gaps. The Z-hat can be used in the neutral, but it doesn't do much.

4. Zoning and anti-zoning - 2/5
Teleport is very slow and very easy to react to, can be zoned by anyone with a good projectile.
Hat toss is good tho, it can be guided. But slow recovery - an easy punish for anyone with a teleport.

5. Damage - 5/5
Easy 30% with 1 bar. Easy to execute.
KB's can get him 45-49% (remember, 4 out of 5 his KB's are practical)
Easy to hit confirm into FB for 40%+ damage.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Baraka:
Offensive options: 4/5
Neutral Game/Footsies: 5/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 4/5
Damage output: 5/5
Punishing Efficiency: 5/5

Kabal:
Offensive options: 5/5
Defensive options: 3/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 5/5
Damage output: 3/5
Punishing Efficiency: 4/5

Noob:
Neutral Game/Footsies: 4/5
Defensive options: 3/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 2/5
Damage output: 4/5
Punishing Efficiency: 4/5

Geras:
Offensive options: 2/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 3/5
Damage output: 5/5

Raiden:
Offensive options: 2/5
Neutral Game/Footsies: 2/5
Defensive options: 2/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 3/5
Punishing Efficiency: 2/5

Sub-Zero
Offensive options: 5/5
Defensive options: 5/5
Zoning/Anti Zoning: 4/5

Just my opinion on the ones I play. Geras is highly overrated in the offensive options department but excels at a lot of other things like punishing, damage, and neutral IMO.
lol what? Geras has a safe mix-up option that does 33% unescapable, the best front AND back throws in the game since both lead to throw loops anywhere on the screen and a 9 frame mid string that is safe on block and hitconfirmable to compliment his throws, an amazing jump in and krushing blows out of his ass....
Please stop.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
lol what? Geras has a safe mix-up option that does 33% unescapable, the best front AND back throws in the game since both lead to throw loops anywhere on the screen and a 9 frame mid string that is safe on block and hitconfirmable to compliment his throws, an amazing jump in and krushing blows out of his ass....
Please stop.

He dominated Combo Breaker. Oh wait, the only one to make it to top 8 got absolutely cream pied and didnt hit a KB until the third game against sonic. Also, save the "its sonic" argument. Dont care.

Stop up-playing a character and learn how to fight him. Dude is Atrositus levels of overrated, not saying hes a bad character but the way you people make him out to be "omg super broken op" is pathetic.

Thanks.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
And for anyone who actually wants to LEARN anything instead of bitching and moaning, Brady put out a video a week ago on how to deal with Geras, including poking out of F212. It's a good watch and can help ANYONE level up their game.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
He dominated Combo Breaker. Oh wait, the only one to make it to top 8 got absolutely cream pied and didnt hit a KB until the third game against sonic. Also, save the "its sonic" argument. Dont care.

Stop up-playing a character and learn how to fight him. Dude is Atrositus levels of overrated, not saying hes a bad character but the way you people make him out to be "omg super broken op" is pathetic.

Thanks.
I know how to deal with him and I donmt even think he is the best in the game, I don’t even lose that much to him either, Kitana does well vs him but to say his offense is overrated and it’s 2/5 is extremely hilarious.

So having a gap on your strings against some characters now means your offense sucks, huh? Ignoring the fact that his throw game is stupid, still has a godlike mid and stupid krushing blows AND mix-ups... on top of stupid damage.

Everyone knows he is not even top 1 anymore but even people who have him at like 4-7 on the tier list can tell his offense is ridiculous.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
It's 11f and has no upward hitbox so it's prone to get jumped out of.
God you are downplaying like a madman

You know how many characters would kill for a safe hitconfirmable 11f mid string? Especially one that can be made plus on block?

And yeah her f2 is on the slower side, but its not like everyone is guaranteed to react to that every single time. Jumps are a low slower than 28 frames, ever see someone get hit by a jump? Must be a total scrub then!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw sonic fox and daigo be hit by jumps many times over the years, better tell them they ain't tournament ready.