What's new

Random mini tutorial clips

MKK hanzo

Kidding, Haha I'm still a noob.

Fixed for real?!, I dunno i can't seem to get this down vs player seems like he sweeps me so fast that i can't block any suggestions of what im doing late?
Sadly there is no easy way around it. Unless you know a sweep is coming or you are playing "safe" only using jabs etc and you train yourself a lot, you will be able to do it. Use the cpu as practice/warming.

MKK hanzo

Is there any way to punish what Marv does here with Kabal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnZtiKatrSM

I'm talking about the single LK's he's doing. Where he basically is coming up to me and kneeing me.
Mmmmm you mean ONLY the knee? No I dont think so. I SOMETIMES uppercutt ppl out of that when they are rushing. Thing is that he is always trying to take you to the corner and from there..... well you know.

Rememper that yu have a teleporter, you can leave that defending position anytime you want but WISELY. That knee and then walking back is just a bait for a teleport. Against Kabal its very hard to get out of that unless you Teleport.

Dont panic unless you are that close to the corner and again, you can always telepoprt out. Run isnt infinite hehehehe (bad joke)

I also sometimes get up holding back and mash LP holding blk to see if I can get a throw cause he is running foward. He does THAT to you at 00:43. That also is SAFE if he throws any special, and better yet, I sometimes walk backward a BIT so their next knee might fail and get the far Lk and that blocked is a free spear/SS/Roll/etc.

Like this at 00:13 I try the bait, at 00:20 I got him baited, same at 00:24 and 00:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZ4yNKIxDc

Problem is that Marvin knows what he is doing. And when a player knows that, he will run/walk the "rxtra step" for not fail into that trap. If he does repeated knees I prefer to stay calm (and watch for that corner) but if he does just one then walks bak, that is an opening.

Remember what I told you, you were pretty PRETTY good on first match, but as it happens, tourney nerves are too damn hard to control. I have lost many matches for that. marvin knew that but he was a bit nervous too failing some easy punishers and trying to show off in some combos (I do that sometimes too and fail haha)

Remember what I told you too about C.Lk in rushdowns? IMO thats a NO-NO unless you are Sonya or playing MKT n64 LOL IDK, look at 00:19 how you lost you rushdown "momentum" by that C.Lk. Remember that Kabal doesnt have anywhere to go when you are rushing him and KARAJABBIN ALL YOUR LPS. He has toooo much to risk there. Remember that C.Lk are punishable in the way I showed you in a vid against RZP. For pressure better is C.LP thein inmediately Uppercutt. It has, no, i mean the oponent MUST block it or it hits. And it does enormous chip damage. C.Lp, Upper. I have tried to dash after the C.Lp but with no success.

Also there were several situations where reading your opponent would have helped you a lot. Watch as Marvin always but always after an air thrw or normal throw, he gets up with close air fireball. Thats "scoutable".

I might not be as good as Marvin but in the first time I saw that match I predicted some stuff he was going to repeat in the next matches.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I am too doing some mini tutorial videos and I wanted to share with you guys. Hope anyone finds it helpful/useful

This one is for runjabs and I wanted to do it focusing on theory for someone who maybe hasn't gotten into the game yet. In other words, someone without experience.

Anyway, here it is (hope you don't mind, Hanzo, I thought it was better to have them all in one thread and not create a new one just for that :) )

Your videos are great as always and the stick touch is nice. I would have wanted to do it like that, but since no one here plays with that layout, it wouldn't be helpful to foreign players to show a video runjabbing on a SF layout :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvKaDA1wv6k

My next videos will be antirunjabs, kara jabbing and defense jabbing (its better that everyone gets exposed to that so no one "fears" them anymore jeje IMO).

you forgot to put that jab can be cancelled with any button, not just block.
nice video, i'll be waiting the next one because i suck at this game XD