What's new

Random mini tutorial clips

MKK hanzo

Random mini tutorial clips

Featuring Sweep punishing with NW Shadow Shoulder and Ermac TLK slam using Glicth jabbing and an example of LP rush using Blk to fasten the LP recovery animation instead of Run and also that serves as a semi "autoblock" to prevent wakeup attacks or anti rush downs like an uppercutt/spindash etc. Also there is a corner lockdown for kicks.

Showing real time gameplay and hands + stick. There could be some desync between gameplay and hands =(

All these were recorded against the CPU cause I was tired and at that hour (02:00 am) there was no one awake to help me hehe.

Also these stuff are difficult on real matches but VERY doable and VERY useful if you know how to bait sweeps, crossups, Wakeups, etc.

Nothing fancy, no music, no notes, pretty much self explanatory and with a Slo mo version.

I will try t upload better res versions soon.

I hope you enjoy them ppl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHou0PM5Vrc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIMLB5bUV5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THjl-1vSlo

AC1984

Kaballin!
Hanzo thank you so much man!!!! I really appreciate that you toke the time and did this...thanks man

MKK hanzo

Hanzo thank you so much man!!!! I really appreciate that you toke the time and did this...thanks man

No prob AC glad you liked them. This was a result of Ded and me talking about GJ (glitch jab) and other stuff that makes some powerfull cahrs WAY MORE powerfull. Kabal and Mileena seems very benefited from this stuff. I may rec a clip soon.

Oh that "new" stuff its also possible on MKII and makes Mileera mooooore powerful yet!!

nice vids
is it the only way NW can punish sweep?
im not sure, but i think u can do regular(HK) combo into axes.
I like your runjabs, u hold run and press block after LP to cancel jab's 'outro animation',so it's kara-Run-jabs , i do it different way on keyboard, runjab only or karajab only, otherwise i have to change button layout etc.

I was just talking about this today. I need to learn what little things you can punish on block like sweeps. Nice vids, keep them coming!

MKK hanzo

nice vids
is it the only way NW can punish sweep?
im not sure, but i think u can do regular(HK) combo into axes.
I like your runjabs, u hold run and press block after LP to cancel jab's 'outro animation',so it's kara-Run-jabs , i do it different way on keyboard, runjab only or karajab only, otherwise i have to change button layout etc.
Exactly! It grants you a few frames of block into your lps.

mi amigo, dime por favor,
i wonder if NW's sweep punish works, when the 'sweeper' is not so close to the 'punisher', wouldn't it be too late to get sweeper ?
because Shoulder Tackle punish based on covering some distance(unlike ermac's TKS), so time=distance/velocity :D:D:D
velocity is stable, distance is variable, therefore time is variable too

yeah, im fuckin nerd (c) :D

usted es el hombre,el castigador, todo el mundo te ama en rusia :D:D

MKK hanzo

mi amigo, dime por favor,
i wonder if NW's sweep punish works, when the 'sweeper' is not so close to the 'punisher', wouldn't it be too late to get sweeper ?
because Shoulder Tackle punish based on covering some distance(unlike ermac's TKS), so time=distance/velocity :D:D:D
velocity is stable, distance is variable, therefore time is variable too

yeah, im fuckin nerd (c) :D

usted es el hombre,el castigador, todo el mundo te ama en rusia :D:D
hahahahah thx for the spanish! Is that true? hahahahahahahah

Ok yes virtually all characters can punish with a combo the blocked sweep but they need to be or block the sweep VERY close or in SF terms: meaty.

And yes there are situations on where you should NOT try punish them. Same is the case for h Smoke and Scorpion Spears.

thanx, we came to the same conclusion.
and yeah u guys are legends in russia, u,ded,crazy d,shock are biggest stars :D
but i always add RZP to my little list of favors haahah (last but not least man)

MKK hanzo

thanx, we came to the same conclusion.
and yeah u guys are legends in russia, u,ded,crazy d,shock are biggest stars :D
but i always add RZP to my little list of favors haahah (last but not least man)
I have always said that he is the best player in Venezuela, way better than me. His H Smoke is unparalleled here. thx for the mentions friend!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
All of these vids are awesome.

Ok yes virtually all characters can punish with a combo the blocked sweep but they need to be or block the sweep VERY close or in SF terms: meaty.
Meaty is not a move done close, but a move done early on your opponents wakeup so that the move hits on the last active frames so as to give more frame advantage.

This aspect (meaty) is not relevant to MK in relation to when a HK, LK, or Uppercut connects meaty as the full hit stun and recovery is the same no matter when the attack hits. I am not sure about sweeps or jabs or other moves.

Por cierto pienso y siempre lo pensaré que esa maricura de HH nos hace ver diferentes alrededor del mundo, me recuerda mucho a RARE cuando tuvo el problema que tuvieron! MKK no tiene contrato con nadie, por lo que el nombre o Nick (MKK RZP o whatever) se puede quedar si así uno lo desea, MKK no tiene dueño como tal, por lo que aquellas 7 personas que una vez fueron integrantes quiere seguir con un proyecto bajo el nombre del MKK no debería tener o poseer autorizacion simplemente impetud y ganas de seguir haciendo SUS COSAS salvo que lo harían bajo la importante insignia del MKK es decir, si vas a usar el Logo para vender drogas entonces no sirve, obviamente, pero si vas a hacer cosas referente al MKK como juegos competitivos y demas entonces yo siempre apoyare eso... bastante gay ver el Discovery Team y el HH y el KKM y mariqueras así... MKK es MKK y MKK SE RESPETA A NIVEL GALACTICO..

He Dicho!

For those who wnats to know what the fuck i´ve just said please use traslators and excuse me for use this thread to say that to hanzo is just that i can´t writte this at facebook because of some malditos hijo de putas so.. i use this xD

My avatar is who´s wanna married me... and i don´t want to accept because he´s a dude and gay xD (hahah ajoking xD)

getting into the thread:

The sweep can be punished with Uppercuts, LK, HK, (d,f+HP with Kano) and things like that is just about wihich caracter you have to use it properly i think that the only two guys who can´t be punished after an blocked sweep is just Jax and Sonya because of their faster sweep long time no playing this game but just using my imagination i tought that this two characters can´t be punished after a blocked sweep

lol i feel sorry for dude on your avatar :D

jax,sonya and kano have equally fast sweeps, but they are punishable imo

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Excellent demo Hanzo, always love the stick example. Glad you pointed out that it's different in real matches. I will go as far to point out that the CPU is extremely pattern based so doing things like this can become muscle memory but it's an easy way to practice the concept. Vs a real person varying timing is required. A good example is, any time you run jab the CPU with Kabal, you can spin them before their sweep hits you, because they always sweep, but this isn't going to work nearly as well on a person.

MKK hanzo

Excellent demo Hanzo, always love the stick example. Glad you pointed out that it's different in real matches. I will go as far to point out that the CPU is extremely pattern based so doing things like this can become muscle memory but it's an easy way to practice the concept. Vs a real person varying timing is required. A good example is, any time you run jab the CPU with Kabal, you can spin them before their sweep hits you, because they always sweep, but this isn't going to work nearly as well on a person.
Thx Shock really really appreciated and yes about what you said, the cpu is merely a practice.

Bolded:

Yes, but Ded and me were talking and doing some tests of that. It works nearly 100% on human opponents, sure you can mess up and throw a Dash to a kara Lp and die, but in UMK3 and MKII you can actually see the firsts sweep frames and throw Mileena roll/Kabal Dash in reaction.

Its VEEEEEEEEERY risky but rewarding. Thing is that sometimes due to player priority on the match, you could end sweeped.

Its doable but we thought its very VERY high level stuff. Daigo like LOL.

ded

Elder God
We actually agreed that spin through sweep is useable if Kabal player use blocking punches, because once you start tapping punch you are focused entirely on your opp's moves and with some good mind game adaption its easy to catch the sweeping frames.

Also you suck.

MKK hanzo

We actually agreed that spin through sweep is useable if Kabal player use blocking punches, because once you start tapping punch you are focused entirely on your opp's moves and with some good mind game adaption its easy to catch the sweeping frames.

Also I suck.
Fixed. =)

BeRB

Noob

BeRB Wins, Flawless Victory. Best Player Ever
Kidding, Haha I'm still a noob.

Fixed for real?!, I dunno i can't seem to get this down vs player seems like he sweeps me so fast that i can't block any suggestions of what im doing late?