What's new

Rambo will delete Kano if he's not changed

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Yeah I tend to agree that something along these lines is going to happen. NRS has had plenty of time to see which variations are exceptionally good and which ones are ridiculously bad. Achieving perfect balance and three equally good variations is probably impossible, but they can at least shrink the gap and give every variation some reason to be played.

So I'm hopeful they're going to shake up the variations: maybe swap some moves around, maybe drop the useless "wasted slot" moves and buff some of the moves that stay in, maybe even drop some moves that are too good to be tourney-legal (cough bionic jump cough).

I don't think we're getting custom variations for ranked play. I mean, it'd be nice, but I reallllllly doubt it...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
All I’m going to say is I believe the changes to the variations (or additions) are gonna be yuuge! Really looking forward to the upcoming changes to the game. I very seriously doubt Kano will become just an inferior Rambo, but I guess we will find out soon!

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I doubt he will too. In fact, I think Rambo is going to be the inferior Kano!!

(and I still hope that his spit is a 100% kill move. He could have covid!)

DeftMonk

Noob
Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself?
I mean those Kombat Kasts are just shitty television sales advertisements and we don't really know what's going on with those characters until we've taken them to the lab.

On top of that there's a balance patch incoming as well, so Kano might be buffed in some way so the discussion will either be obsolete or more productive when that time has come.
Watch Rambo have a + 2 on hit 11 frame d1 with long range and no safe mid. Those kombat kasts don’t tell u anything at all.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I would accept F12 jailing if they added a gap to the third hit and/or reduced the plus frames like Shang's B1 string. A thirteen frame, advancing, hit confirmable mid that's plus on block? Hey man that's all I'm asking for

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I would accept F12 jailing if they added a gap to the third hit and/or reduced the plus frames like Shang's B1 string. A thirteen frame, advancing, hit confirmable mid that's plus on block? Hey man that's all I'm asking for
F12 is literally his only mid starter and it's 13 frames, it gets beat out by pretty much every single poke in the game and every good, spammable mid. Cassie, Jacqui, Geras, Kang, Kabal etc. all have mid starters that annihilate F12.

The advancing quality of the string is SUPER overblown as well, it doesn't go near as far as most people think and can whiff on crouching characters at a distance that it should hit. Kotal Kahn's strings are only a few frames more and go WAY farther, and hit way way more consistently.

Hit confirmable only REALLY matters in Ratbag. In arguably his best variation Ripper, you get pretty much absolutely nothing for hitconfirming it. A big, whopping 13% for F12xBall, EX for a massive 19%. In Dirtbag, the best thing you get out of it is applying acid for 15% and the chance to MAYBE use the molotov after. You can get F12, Vege-Mighty into Kano ball for 15% but F12 into acid does basically the same exact damage with the additional DoT... So like. Is it being hit confirmable even that big of deal?

Saying it's plus on block like it's criminal to be any amount of plus on block and not a flawless blockable string. It's plus 2. Doesn't guarantee anything but a blocked low poke. Because. Again. No mids.

Geras has an 11 frame advancing mid that's only slightly shorter than Kano's F1. It tick throws on the first hit into a command throw that has MASSIVE corner carry. Kano's F12 doesn't tick throw at any point. Geras's second hit in that string is hit confirmable into a full combo for 25% into a sand clone set up that can beat every wake up option in the game except short delay wakeup which is getting changed OR cash out for 35% into the throw that carries to the corner. Kano's F12 hit confirms into kano ball, only dealing 13% and leaving Kano at bad spacing.... Geras's jumping body splash attack tick throws into his command grab.

Making Kano's f 1,2 jail on every character wouldn't be even close to the degenerate shit that most characters have in the mids department.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You can duck the spit though, why add a gap? Kano has no real pressure except for that string and his D1.

Error404

Noob
If Kano players were going to jump ship , they would have done it by now imo. Other than the overhead , every other grabler variation does similiar things, but better

Pyrosis

Another thing that I forgot about in my rant about Kano's F12 string: if you complete the string and try to get the only thing that you're guaranteed to get off of +2, a poke... The timing of the poke after the +2 is actually SUPER easy for the opponent to flawless block the poke.

So another mark in the plus column for Kano's absolutely godlike F12 string.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Another thing that I forgot about in my rant about Kano's F12 string: if you complete the string and try to get the only thing that you're guaranteed to get off of +2, a poke... The timing of the poke after the +2 is actually SUPER easy for the opponent to flawless block the poke.

and the fact that the 2 whiffs on near half the cast even on block
and for some lucky characters like kabal, the fact if it can connect on block after the first hit is literally random depending on his breathing hurtbox

Pyrosis

and the fact that the 2 whiffs on near half the cast even on block
and for some lucky characters like kabal, the fact if it can connect on block after the first hit is literally random depending on his breathing hurtbox
The fact that people saying that his only mid needs nerfed if it was actually fixed to work as intended on every hurtbox about made me burst a blood vessel tbh.

Pyrosis

Upgraded Jacqui still hasn't been nerfed. And Joker can make every single string that he has safe on block with a variable timing special move...

But we need to put a flawless block gap in Kano's F12 string. Bruuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh.

Agilaz

It has begun
You know people said the same thing when Ancestral Gift Nightwolf became a thing, and yet Ripper Kano is still played more than AG.

They said the same thing when Dark Fate Terminator became a thing.

Point is, let's stop panicking, nobody can replace the king of d1 mash

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Opinion: Kano should be restored to his MKX glory of solid honest to god character with solid honest to god buttons (cyber and commando) or a flashy combo god (CT).

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
You know people said the same thing when Ancestral Gift Nightwolf became a thing, and yet Ripper Kano is still played more than AG.

King of d1 mash lmao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

This is no me panicking, this is me announcing to the world that I have a new daddy LMFAO.

And I don't regret it one bit.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero

I dont think anyone seriously believes it's a god-string. They're just hating.
I think it's a really good string, wish i didn't suck at enforcing my plus frames off it, but it's also super easy to FB anyone trying to mash your plus frames outta it too lol.